North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   General MINI Talk (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/general-mini-talk-197/)
-   -   SO MAD, made me want to get rid of my Mini!!!!!! (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/general-mini-talk/318027-so-mad-made-me-want-to-get-rid-of-my-mini.html)

gumbedamit 08-16-2017 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Noonzio (Post 4322842)
I've had nothing but good experiences with the shop you're talking about - he always replies promptly to my phone calls and emails, and when I order parts from him they are sent to me super fast.

And if you're "not going to call out the business" then don't make your post so bloody obvious that everyone and anyone would know who it is you're talking about!!

WAY MOTOR WORKS,

feel better?

Noonzio 08-16-2017 01:25 PM

No. Why - should I? Didn't feel bad in the first place. You're the one that felt so bad you wanted to get rid of your Mini.

gumbedamit 08-16-2017 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by r53coop (Post 4322797)
Gumbee (yes I did watch a few Gumby toons as a kid, Yogi Bear was better) sent you a PM on the Dragon Run,

and Drewster, you would starve without some freezedried Beef on Wecks.

Hey Coop, I got your PM, my son and I will be there, getting a few of my friends to join up as well.thanx

gumbedamit 08-16-2017 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Noonzio (Post 4322844)
No. Why - should I? Didn't feel bad in the first place. You're the one that felt so bad you wanted to get rid of your Mini.

Happy to see you know the difference between rhetorical and actual.......ohh, there's a difference in BAD/MAD as well. Reading is fundamental..

bee1000n 08-16-2017 04:36 PM

Way's going to get people chiming in supporting him because he's been around for a long time and served a lot of people. He didn't get a reputation as a knowledgeable person to go to for mods for no reason. I know he was enormously helpful when I talked to him about mods over 7 years ago! I last dealt with him via email a couple years ago and he was quick to reply and ship out what I needed.

That doesn't change the OP's experience -- it sucked and they should take their business elsewhere -- but I'm happy to have a had a great experience with Way.

As was pointed out in another post, running a small business is not easy, and WMW has grown a lot since I worked with him. If people have poor experiences now and go to other vendors, well, Way will at least have more time to reply to emails! ;)

gumbedamit 08-17-2017 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by bee1000n (Post 4322907)
Way's going to get people chiming in supporting him because he's been around for a long time and served a lot of people. He didn't get a reputation as a knowledgeable person to go to for mods for no reason. I know he was enormously helpful when I talked to him about mods over 7 years ago! I last dealt with him via email a couple years ago and he was quick to reply and ship out what I needed.

That doesn't change the OP's experience -- it sucked and they should take their business elsewhere -- but I'm happy to have a had a great experience with Way.

As was pointed out in another post, running a small business is not easy, and WMW has grown a lot since I worked with him. If people have poor experiences now and go to other vendors, well, Way will at least have more time to reply to emails! ;)

I appreciate your comment and am extremely happy that your experience was positive.

You know there's a but... Being a small business and extremely busy does not excuse poor customer service.
You do know that I was at his shop purchasing parts?

Qik420 08-17-2017 06:54 AM

You're not the only one to run into that issue with whats his face. I don't require a tune, but have moved on to Bavarian Repair on the north side of town. Good folks and they actually care and return calls/emails/facebook messages. Do yourself a favor and wait for MOTD in May and get a tune there.
The person you speak of really doesn't care and when they say busy they mean "busy". Been there plenty of times to know that the only reason they're busy is because they have a tiny hole in the wall shop that's about as organized as the clearance dvd bin at walmart. He's got the business to support a larger shop/more staff but he's difficult to work with/for and isn't very ambitious. Don't beg someone to take your money. There's plenty of Euro shops in the ATL and most MINI folks feel the need to go to MINI specific shops which is not necessary.

gumbedamit 08-17-2017 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Qik420 (Post 4322998)
You're not the only one to run into that issue with whats his face. I don't require a tune, but have moved on to Bavarian Repair on the north side of town. Good folks and they actually care and return calls/emails/facebook messages. Do yourself a favor and wait for MOTD in May and get a tune there.
The person you speak of really doesn't care and when they say busy they mean "busy". Been there plenty of times to know that the only reason they're busy is because they have a tiny hole in the wall shop that's about as organized as the clearance dvd bin at walmart. He's got the business to support a larger shop/more staff but he's difficult to work with/for and isn't very ambitious. Don't beg someone to take your money. There's plenty of Euro shops in the ATL and most MINI folks feel the need to go to MINI specific shops which is not necessary.

When you're right. you're right....

Noonzio 08-17-2017 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by gumbedamit (Post 4322846)
Happy to see you know the difference between rhetorical and actual.......ohh, there's a difference in BAD/MAD as well. Reading is fundamental..

Being a nice person is fundamental too.

Whine not Walnuts 08-17-2017 05:13 PM

Time to put this all to bed