General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Garage door opener

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 10:59 AM
Billy S
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Garage door opener

Found a 2010 Mini hatchback, with 12,000 miles, had to have it. Everthing works except the garage door opener and I am not sure about the mirror dimming at night. Not sure which fuse to check, is there something to tell me what all the symbols mean for the fuses?? Had a MIne dealer check it out, said it is in great shape.

Old 03-29-2017, 06:06 PM
AZdsrt
6th Gear
Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
Are you sure the problem is with the Mini? I couldn't get mine to work, then looked at the manual for the garage door opener. Was surprised to find that it had to be put into 'learn' mode before I could get it to pair..

Old 03-29-2017, 08:02 PM
Billy S
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not getting any lights when I try to clear all codes, so I can start over. Is this what you mean by "learn mode"?

Old 03-30-2017, 09:23 AM
AZdsrt
6th Gear
Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
Lights, clear codes? By 'learn mode' I mean I had to put the garage door opener into 'learn mode', then it gave me a minute or so to push the button in the Mini. It's been a few years since I set it up, but I do remember that it took me a while to figure it out.

Old 03-30-2017, 09:42 AM
3lusive
5th Gear
Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts
What happens when you hold down the 1 and 3 buttons on the mirror garage controls for 20-30 seconds? Does the little orange light illuminate at all during the process? After 20-30 seconds it should start blinking to indicate it's cleared the memory.

The auto dim feature should be easy to test - in daylight cover the little photoelectric sensor on the back of the mirror and see if it dims. Or at night, shine a bright light on the photosensor facing the cabin and watch for dimming. What did the MINI dealer check exactly regarding these two issues?