North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   General MINI Talk (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/general-mini-talk-197/)
-   -   Recommendation: Trusted Mini Mechanic in Greenville, SC (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/general-mini-talk/231362-recommendation-trusted-mini-mechanic-in-greenville-sc.html)

Racer007 06-05-2012 08:38 AM

Recommendation: Trusted Mini Mechanic in Greenville, SC

I wanted to post this recommendation for any one needing repair work on their Mini. If you live anywhere near Greenville, SC I highly recommend Brent's work. He was a Mini dealer tech for several years and is doing independent work out of his home garage. He has a great source for parts and he has a lift and OBD diagnostic tools for Mini, BMW, and Mercedes cars. From what I saw of his tools and work he can perform any repair you need.

This past weekend he got my A/C working again by replacing the A/C Clutch Coil versus the whole compressor. He never had to open the system which saves alot of time and money. He uses a great common sense approach to keep your repair costs down versus the dealers "make all we can make' attitude". I drove 90 minutes and it was well worth the drive time instead of paying Century Mini $1,500 for the same repair. You can learn alot about your Mini from him as he works on your car which is great!

You can contact Brent at bbprevatte@charter.net

Racer007 06-11-2012 06:12 PM

Bump for future use when in need of a dealer alternative

Racer007 08-27-2012 07:07 AM

Bump for anyone needing a good reliable MINI mechanic

NYTransplant 08-27-2012 08:51 AM

At our last BMWCCA meeting, it was mentioned that Brent now works at Beamers and Benzs

Racer007 08-27-2012 08:59 AM

He was starting a new job in June. This is probably the place. He also does outside work at his garage as I mentioned above. He will do you right at either location.

etonnemacher 11-11-2014 06:00 AM

MINI mechanic

Thanks for the recommendation - it would appear my clutch / cylinder is having issues so I just tried contacting him, will update with results! Thanks.

tremperj 11-11-2014 06:11 AM

I've met Brent before. Good guy.

etonnemacher 11-11-2014 06:14 AM

MINI clutch

Originally Posted by etonnemacher (Post 4012160)
Thanks for the recommendation - it would appear my clutch / cylinder is having issues so I just tried contacting him, will update with results! Thanks.

Also if anyone has any other recommendations in case Brent doesn't respond that would be highly appreciated! Thanks!

etonnemacher 11-11-2014 06:28 AM

MINI Mechanic

Originally Posted by tremperj (Post 4012163)
I've met Brent before. Good guy.

Cool! I hope he is still in the game! Thanks for info.

etonnemacher 11-11-2014 06:54 AM

Mini mechanic

I checked the beamers and Benz link but it doesn't load - are they in the Greenville area does anyone know? I'm from Wilmington and am working in Greenville this week....great timing right!

Racer007 11-11-2014 01:26 PM

Mini Mechanic

Sent you a PM with Brent's Cell Phone Number. Good Luck. You will be pleased with his work. If you have problems reaching him send me a PM.

Jim

etonnemacher 11-12-2014 06:58 AM

MINI mechanic

Originally Posted by Racer007 (Post 4012325)
Sent you a PM with Brent's Cell Phone Number. Good Luck. You will be pleased with his work. If you have problems reaching him send me a PM.

Jim

Thanks Jim! I spoke with Brent and he was extremely knowledgeable - gave me several bits of advice on how to proceed...... Thanks for all the help!

MikewithaMini 05-18-2015 12:33 PM

I realize this is an aging post, but I have the same question! Is Brent moonlighting or is there any Independent in the immediate Greenville area that is recommended?

etonnemacher 05-18-2015 01:08 PM

MINI mechanic in Greenville area

Originally Posted by MikewithaMini (Post 4082633)
I realize this is an aging post, but I have the same question! Is Brent moonlighting or is there any Independent in the immediate Greenville area that is recommended?

When I last spoke with Brent he was all in for getting my MINI repaired - I don't live there and had to get it looked at same day so I missed out and it cost me some dollars and time as a result. He did call me back the following day but I had already committed to another local repair shop - in retrospect I should have just waited but I did not know if I was going to get a response as I had never dealt with him before - if you can wait a day it will be worth you r time I believe...

Racer007 05-18-2015 02:13 PM

Brent Contact

Mike I just sent you a PM with Brent's Cell Number. Hope that helps.

Good Luck!

Jim

BamaR53 05-26-2015 07:48 AM

R53 Help

I need some advice and repair on a R53. I am in Greer, SC. Can I get some contact information please?

Buck.

WayMotorWorks 05-26-2015 09:08 AM

We are in Atlanta so it's only a 2hr drive. Your welcome to bring your MINI to us as we would be happy to fix it.

BamaR53 05-26-2015 12:05 PM

cost:

That would be an expensive tow.

Tiger1968 08-30-2016 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by etonnemacher (Post 4082659)
When I last spoke with Brent he was all in for getting my MINI repaired - I don't live there and had to get it looked at same day so I missed out and it cost me some dollars and time as a result. He did call me back the following day but I had already committed to another local repair shop - in retrospect I should have just waited but I did not know if I was going to get a response as I had never dealt with him before - if you can wait a day it will be worth you r time I believe...

Is there a number I could reach Brent at? Having trouble finding a mechanic whocan replace a water pump on my '10 Clubman sooner than later. Thanks for any help that you can give me.

David Wilson 11-04-2021 05:35 PM

Did you ever get Brent's number? I live in Greenville and need to find a mechanic. Thanks.

David Wilson 11-04-2021 06:14 PM

I need his number also. Thanks

bam1523 03-01-2022 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by David Wilson (Post 4604265)
Did you ever get Brent's number? I live in Greenville and need to find a mechanic. Thanks.

did you find any mechanic ?

atlantabean 11-14-2022 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Racer007 (Post 4012325)

Jim

would you mind please dm me with the contact info for Brent? I’ve called beemers and benz and was told they don’t work on minis… but he sounds like a solid mechanic. TIA, Shannon

David Wilson 08-04-2023 08:58 AM

Mechanic in Greenville, SC

Originally Posted by atlantabean (Post 4637600)
would you mind please dm me with the contact info for Brent? I’ve called beemers and benz and was told they don’t work on minis… but he sounds like a solid mechanic. TIA, Shannon

I'm also in need of Brent's contact info.