North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   General MINI Talk (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/general-mini-talk-197/)
-   -   nyah! nyah! We have Jan! (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/general-mini-talk/192951-nyah-nyah-we-have-jan.html)

MotorMouth 07-17-2010 07:37 PM

nyah! nyah! We have Jan!

and we're going to convince him to stay here in Hawaii:razz: A few more pina coladas on the beach with the coconut topped girls should do the trick (nevermind his wife is here too). If that fails we may have to tie him up.

Y'all can find another tuner on the mainland. He's all ours now. muhahahaha :)

orangecrush 07-17-2010 08:03 PM

Go ahead, have your laughs now... because once he finds out how expensive it is to live there, he'll come running back... hehe.

Seriusly, how did ya get Jan to get out to HI? We've been trying to get him to NC for 6 months...

Mark

Agarwaen 07-17-2010 08:10 PM

At least you have more of a chance of getting him than us here in AR, Mark. :lol:.

We have more trees than MINIs, can't tune a tree.... or maybe...........

Porthos 07-17-2010 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by MotorMouth (Post 3092631)
and we're going to convince him to stay here in Hawaii:razz: A few more pina coladas on the beach with the coconut topped girls should do the trick (nevermind his wife is here too). If that fails we may have to tie him up.

Y'all can find another tuner on the mainland. He's all ours now. muhahahaha :)

Bite me and what happen to the Hawaii Forum i have trying to get a hold of you guys for like 3 months. Jerks!!!

old81 07-17-2010 08:35 PM

Mark are you serious, Hawaii, beach, breezes, bikinis, need I say any more? :razz: :)

Hey at least you have been to a couple of tunes.

Pictures MM, we need pictures! :sly: :grin:

Don

orangecrush 07-17-2010 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by old81 (Post 3092669)
Mark are you serious, Hawaii, beach, breezes, bikinis, need I say any more? :razz: :)

Don

And have another scheduled in Atlanta... :grin:

Mark

MotorMouth 07-17-2010 11:58 PM

In between work and having to get home I stopped by for a couple hours. Only took one picture and that was of the dozen or so MINIs in the parking lot.

While I was there I saw Jan take a weak (125hp) R53 S up to 150hp in the first try. I didn't get to stick around to see what the final numbers were. I heard the R56 earlier in the day had some huge gains.

There was also a R56 there that was having some "issues" with the factory tune that the dealer didn't want to touch because of aftermarket mods. Jan loaded a canned tune on it and not only did all the problems disappear but the guy loved the new power. Too bad the guy didn't actually have the money to buy the tune and keep it. After Jan put the stock one back on it was back to how it was.

I would have called in sick to work today if I didn't already have a tune.

MotorMouth 07-18-2010 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by orangecrush (Post 3092645)

Seriusly, how did ya get Jan to get out to HI? We've been trying to get him to NC for 6 months...

Mark

We were lucky he chose to have a "working" vacation out here.

So consider 6 months lucky - It took us a couple years.

futuremini 07-18-2010 04:45 AM

Hey Agarwaen, we need to see if we can get a group in Oklahoma and Arkansas put together for a tuning event. :nod:

Anyone? Anyone?

C H I C K L E T 07-18-2010 06:58 AM

LOL, I'm sure he is having a great time in Hawaii...I wouldn't want to leave either.

FM...just come to Atlanta :wink:

futuremini 07-18-2010 09:52 AM

I would love to Chicklet but I don't know if I can get the time off I would need for the 30+ hours of drive time. :sad:

Revolution Mini Works 07-18-2010 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by old81 (Post 3092669)

Don

Bingo!

nabeshin 07-18-2010 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by orangecrush (Post 3092645)
Go ahead, have your laughs now... because once he finds out how expensive it is to live there, he'll come running back... hehe.

What was it now? $8 per gallon milk, $10 per carton eggs, $5 2x4s, etc. A $100,000 house in Lincoln would cost $500,000 in Hawaii. :eek:

Nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there... Unless I made lots of money.:wink:

howsoonisnow1985 07-18-2010 03:21 PM

LOL
Wonder how much gas cost in Hawaii?

I would like to submit a request form for Jan to tune in Nor Cal, maybe San Jose.:thumbsup:

Revolution Mini Works 07-18-2010 03:28 PM

About $3.65 for premium
Workin on it
Maybe you can jimini on the dyno
I'll even pay for it

Helix13mini 07-18-2010 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by MotorMouth (Post 3092631)
and we're going to convince him to stay here in Hawaii:razz: A few more pina coladas on the beach with the coconut topped girls should do the trick:)

Yeah but are those coconuts real? Why take a chance when you can have genuine North West Philly girls. They're real, whether you like it or not. Apparently, Jan does, cause he's been back twice and I'll bet he'll be back again. Who needs Polynesian paradise when you have cheesesteaks.

orangecrush 07-18-2010 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Helix13mini (Post 3093101)
Yeah but are those coconuts real? Why take a chance when you can have genuine North West Philly girls. They're real, whether you like it or not. Apparently, Jan does, cause he's been back twice and I'll bet he'll be back again. Who needs Polynesian paradise when you have cheesesteaks.

You sir have either never been to Hawaii or have been up North too long. I assure you I've been to both and I'll take Hawaii annny day.

:)

Mark

MotorMouth 07-18-2010 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by nabeshin (Post 3093059)
What was it now? $8 per gallon milk, $10 per carton eggs, $5 2x4s, etc. A $100,000 house in Lincoln would cost $500,000 in Hawaii. :eek:

Nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there... Unless I made lots of money.:wink:

$8/gal for milk isn't unusual. dozen eggs only ~$4. Housing? The house it'self doesn't matter nearly as much as the land when land goes for a million an acre in the boondocks. Don't even think about an acre of land anywhere near civilization. Just having a back yard is worth a couple hundred grand by itself.

Originally Posted by howsoonisnow1985 (Post 3093081)
LOL
Wonder how much gas cost in Hawaii?

paid $3.66/gal yesterday. Glad I get the gas mileage I do.

MotorMouth 07-18-2010 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Helix13mini (Post 3093101)

I was actually in Philly a year or so ago for a week. I liked the place quite a bit, but it's not Hawaii :razz:

It's 85 and partly cloudy today. You can say that just about any day here. Weather forecaster in Hawaii is the most overpaid job you could get.

Remind us how cold/hot it gets there. I can use it for ammo in keeping Jan here.

Porthos 07-18-2010 07:03 PM

That is what I missed about Hawaii so much. 83 degrees with a 50% chance of rain everyday.

nabeshin 07-18-2010 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by MotorMouth (Post 3093170)
$8/gal for milk isn't unusual. dozen eggs only ~$4. Housing? The house it'self doesn't matter nearly as much as the land when land goes for a million an acre in the boondocks. Don't even think about an acre of land anywhere near civilization. Just having a back yard is worth a couple hundred grand by itself.

I see. Well, I was just repeating what I was told by someone who lived there. Just talked to the guy today about it, actually. But it had been a while since he was there.

Revolution Mini Works 07-18-2010 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by orangecrush (Post 3093162)
You sir have either never been to Hawaii or have been up North too long. I assure you I've been to both and I'll take Hawaii annny day.

:)

Mark

Sarcasm is hard to see sometimes
Eric did the first pulley party in Hawaii

newbs49 07-18-2010 08:25 PM

Remember Jan's a cheap a$$. He'll even tell you that himself.
He lives on hotel soap, shampoo and lotion. :razz:

howsoonisnow1985 07-20-2010 06:34 PM

Wednesday is my last service, unless something goes wrong, my warranty expires August. More Mods!!! Race Header? Mods are my Meth!!! Oohh, the GP feels real good right now though, especially with Shell from Salinas for some reason.

Revolution Mini Works 07-20-2010 06:36 PM

Line up some good watering holes and I'll be up