General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saying goodbye to Mozart.

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 08:48 AM
BoCRon
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saying goodbye to Mozart.

With the arrival of my '15 Volcanic Orange F56 S I came to the difficult conclusion that I had to sell my '11 Horizon Blue R56 S, Mozart.
The guy that bought my car bought it sight unseen. Like me, he is an enthusiast who lost previous beloved MINI in an accident. He has spent the past months haunting the MINI forums and all the online car sales sites searching for just the right car with all the right factory options.
After a few phone calls and emails back and forth we came to a deal and he wired me the money and I fedexed him the paperwork. Lots of trust there and I wanted him to be happy when he finally got to see his new car. I spent the past 2 weeks detailing Mozart inside and out. I've always been an avid detailer but I wanted to do a complete head to toe and enjoy one last time standing back and admiring my fully detailed MINI.
I wanted the new owner to fall in love with Mozart and feel like he got the best deal ever :D. I know it's odd, and maybe a girly way to look at it but I wanted Mozart to go to a good home.
I'm sorry to say I didn't get some great pics after the detailing was all done. Hopefully he will be posting on the MINI site soon and I can add some final pics to my album.

Here's a shot of me with my daughter as co-pilot on The Dragon.

Here he is with his new New York plates .

Backing out of our garage for the last time .

And away they go, have a great life Mozart!

Hoping to see pics on here of Mozart in his new home (hint hint Justin :D)

Annette

Old 07-27-2015, 09:29 AM
Mib4840
Alliance Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I feel your pain. It's always hard letting go of a part of the family, even if it's a car. I've had a few Jeeps and Vettes that I felt the same way about.
Just think about Mozart as a teenager who is heading off to college.
Let's see some photos of the new family member.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:39 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
It's always hard to part ways with a car you've spent a lot of time on. It's good to hear that your MINI has gone to a good home. I'm sure the new owner will take great care of Mozart. Post some pictures up of the new F56.

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 07-27-2015, 10:50 AM
Miata13
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Yep....feel the same way after 15 years with two Miatas...I detailed the '08 Miata before my buyer from an adjacent state's Miata Club came to town to drive it away for the last time ....but our new '15 R59 S helps with the seller's remorse
;-)

Old 07-28-2015, 07:55 PM
Drexial
2nd Gear
I will be getting a few up shortly... Still becoming acquainted with him. Probably have them up tomorrow.

Hopefully I will have video form the Dragon tomorrow as well.

Old 07-28-2015, 08:20 PM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts
Mozart will be gone but not forgotten. I traded Blue two years ago and still think about her at times. Enjoy the new wheels.

Old 07-29-2015, 09:00 PM
Drexial
2nd Gear
OK sorry, spent too much time with the car and it got dark before I could take any good pictures of him. I do have some shots I took as we were on our way on the drive back and well as some from digging through his boot to pulled back the wiring for the trailer hitch. I didn't like the way it went through the grommet as it allowed dirt and dust into the area under the took kit. So I am deciding if I will be keeping the Mini-Fini system installed, if so I am going to redo the wiring and grommet so nothing gets inside. For now it is tucked inside by the amp.

If I don't have anything up before the end of the weekend I will definitely next week as I have time off work and will be going over him boot to bonnet.

I have already cleaned him up in a lot of little detail areas, door jams, cleaned up a lot of the exterior rubber and seals, softened it up a bit as the southern sun is not kind to rubber and plastics. The interior has gotten an almost complete once over, just need to vacuum and clean the mats. I also started my way through the engine bay, cleaning that up.

I have started an album of shots I take as I work on him, sort of documenting progress and changes as well as a visual reminder to myself of what I need go back to. So far it just has the shots form working with the wiring harness for the trailer.

http://s66.photobucket.com/user/Drex...eting%20Mozart

I did make an album that has a few pictures of him just after we left your place and ate. Plus one of him with a friend we found today. I also have pictures of my previous mini in there.

http://s66.photobucket.com/user/Drex...ew%20and%20Old

Old 07-30-2015, 04:47 AM
Csbdr
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great color! That first link comes up as private, BTW

Old 07-30-2015, 03:51 PM
Drexial
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Csbdr
Great color! That first link comes up as private, BTW
Hmm thought I had changed that. Should be working now.