North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   General MINI Talk (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/general-mini-talk-197/)
-   -   Color schemes on Coopers you'd like to see! (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/general-mini-talk/123191-color-schemes-on-coopers-youd-like-to-see.html)

ellistotle 12-17-2007 05:57 PM

Color schemes on Coopers you'd like to see!

I've always imagined an blacked-out Cooper with gold rims and gold stripes on the bonnet and roof. Possibly more gold on the mirror caps, emblems, beltline, headlight rings, and door handles. I think that'd look hot--I've always been a fan of gold rims!

Another I've always wanted to see was a black with white roof. White stripes on bonnet, contrasting black stripes on the roof. Basically, nothing on the car but black and white. Sorta like my car (see gallery), but black instead of the red.

I think this is what make our cars stand out.. all the different color combinations. Color is everything!

If this becomes anything, maybe the mods can change the title to make this the official Color-schemes-on-Coopers-you'd-like-to-see thread!

Share yours! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

minicooperwill 12-17-2007 06:03 PM

I'd like to see a color scheme where the CR/B is reversed, and everything that is currently chili red is black and everything black is chili red (as far as painted areas and stripes go). I think that would look really sharp, especially since the CR/B combo already looks so hot!

ellistotle 12-17-2007 07:19 PM

That WOULD look great!

I wonder why MINI doesn't make these cars in white?? :confused:

minicooperwill 12-17-2007 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by ellistotle (Post 1931490)
That WOULD look great!

I take it you aren't counting Pepper White as white then? :lol:

ellistotle 12-17-2007 09:09 PM

yep .. it's more like a cream color

Yucca Patrol 12-18-2007 06:48 AM

I have plans for a unique color scheme, but its a secret right now. . . . .

I would like to see a real BRG (not metallic) with yellow roof and stripes.

Darkness 12-18-2007 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by ellistotle (Post 1931297)
I've always imagined an blacked-out Cooper with gold rims and gold stripes on the bonnet and roof. Possibly more gold on the mirror caps, emblems, beltline, headlight rings, and door handles. I think that'd look hot--I've always been a fan of gold rims!

That's really not all that hard to do. there are plenty of gold wheels available and stripes could be made. Mirror caps can be painted for cheap, and emblems/beltline/rings/handles can be gold plated easily. Tons of cars when I lived in memphis had gold blinged out on everything. DO IT!

SB 12-18-2007 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Yucca Patrol (Post 1932081)

Sort of a Lotus look-a-like? That'd be cool.

70spop 12-18-2007 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by SB (Post 1932388)
Sort of a Lotus look-a-like?

Or tropical bug. :sly:

70spop 12-18-2007 08:39 PM

BRG with a Solid Gold roof.
Actually, Solid Gold on Chili Red would be cool, too, or on Jet Black. Lightning Blue with an Electric Blue roof, or vice versa, would probably look good. Pure Silver with a white roof should be an option.

Hot Chocolate with a Black or Pepper White roof would look good. :nod:

ellistotle 12-18-2007 08:40 PM

Any photoshop gurus out there?? :lol:

TMGRobyn 12-18-2007 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Yucca Patrol (Post 1932081)

I saw a BRG convertible with the top a bright yellow here where I live. I called it the John Deere Mini! :)

Ooooooo! I really like the idea of the Hot Chocolate with the pepper white roof!

70spop 12-18-2007 08:57 PM

Pepper White with a BRG roof would look good, too!

DixonL2 12-19-2007 05:01 AM

A tin-top in the orange...

COOPERation 12-19-2007 05:26 AM

A few combos for the pondering... :grin:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...00/combos2.jpg

minicooperwill 12-19-2007 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by COOPERation (Post 1934196)
A few combos for the pondering... :grin:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...00/combos2.jpg

Well, that pretty much covers that!

Wind Diesel 12-19-2007 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by ellistotle (Post 1931490)

In my dreams it would have been m choise # 1 - No white avail. so i went for the LB/W instead !

07chilired 12-19-2007 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by minicooperwill (Post 1931318)
I'd like to see a color scheme where the CR/B is reversed, and everything that is currently chili red is black and everything black is chili red (as far as painted areas and stripes go). I think that would look really sharp, especially since the CR/B combo already looks so hot!

I agree! When the MINI SAV comes out..I am hoping to get a black one and have the roof painted red, then have the reverse stripes put on it, so it will look like my CR/B MCS, only the opposite...sorta like his evil twin!:grin:

gokartride 12-19-2007 06:59 AM

I've always had a dream MINI color scheme in mind, but then wouldn't you know it they actually made it!!!!! Imagine my thrill!!!

freez3 12-19-2007 07:24 AM

D'ya'll notice... PW looks good with almost all colors. mmmmmm.

VicSkimmr 12-19-2007 09:06 AM

They definitely need a true BRG, there's no sense in not having it. Then put a gold roof on it, give it an english oak dash with a cream white color line, mmmmhmmmmm.

Mini_Voyager 12-19-2007 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by VicSkimmr (Post 1934510)
They definitely need a true BRG, there's no sense in not having it. Then put a gold roof on it, give it an english oak dash with a cream white color line, mmmmhmmmmm.

Exactly what's wrong with metallic BRG anyway? I thought it looks good, especially with my gold stripes (see my gallery). I have never understood why people don't seem to like it--can someone fill me in? Gold roof might be cool though. :nod:

I already have the cream-line and oak dashboard though, along with wooden shift knob (thanks to Robin Cassidy! :thumbsup:) I just need to take pics and put 'em up....

One color scheme I'd love to see would be deep and dark purple (I think it was called Purple Haze?) with gold stripes. In fact gold stripes seem to go well with a lot of colors, mostly dark (green, blue, black, etc).

DixonL2 12-19-2007 09:26 AM

While I do like PW, I'd like a true bright white... but not with orange unless I lived somewhere warmer... (creamsicle?)

CR&PW&JB 12-19-2007 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by minicooperwill (Post 1931632)
I take it you aren't counting Pepper White as white then? :lol:

Originally Posted by ellistotle (Post 1931667)
yep .. it's more like a cream color

It's white when it's cleaned up nicely and directly in the sun. :nod:

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r...an37/TINT3.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r...hreeMINIs3.jpg

VicSkimmr 12-19-2007 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Mini_Voyager (Post 1934528)
Exactly what's wrong with metallic BRG anyway? I thought it looks good, especially with my gold stripes (see my gallery). I have never understood why people don't seem to like it--can someone fill me in? Gold roof might be cool though. :nod:

I already have the cream-line and oak dashboard though, along with wooden shift knob (thanks to Robin Cassidy! :thumbsup:) I just need to take pics and put 'em up....

One color scheme I'd love to see would be deep and dark purple (I think it was called Purple Haze?) with gold stripes. In fact gold stripes seem to go well with a lot of colors, mostly dark (green, blue, black, etc).

Its a good looking color, but if they're going to call it British Racing Green, then it needs to be British Racing Green, you know what I mean?