R60/R61 Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for R60 AND R61 MINI Cooper and Cooper S MINIs.

CV axle shaft removal

Old 11-06-2017, 02:51 PM
JoeyBR60
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CV axle shaft removal

Hi,

Has anyone had experience removing the driveshaft / axleshafts from an R60 Countryman with All4?

I might need to remove the right hand front shaft if attempts to repair the thread are unsuccessful!

Im assuming I just need to pry it out of the box (it's already free from the wheel bearing hub assembly) but wanted to double check in case I do some damage!

Cheers
Joe

Old 12-07-2017, 07:26 AM
bro_hof
1st Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Once the halfshaft is free from the hub there is a half shaft support near where it goes into the transmisison that will also have to be removed. 4 bolts and it comes off but it's tight working quarters in there. To get the halfshaft out of the transmission I used a long screwdriver and tapped it with a hammer from under the car outward, not many great prying points under there.

The following users liked this post:
JoeyBR60 (12-07-2017)
Old 12-07-2017, 07:53 AM
JoeyBR60
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheers dude.

I looked on RealOEM and noticed that supporting bracket so figured it needed to be unbolted.

In the end I was able to repair the thread on the shaft end with a meaty M22 x 1.5 die, and didnt need to replace the shaft thankfully.

Search this Thread