R60/R61 Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for R60 AND R61 MINI Cooper and Cooper S MINIs.

Mini connected

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 08:52 AM
Jfr
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mini connected

It was suggested I try my questions here for more response. I’m trying to connect to mini connected, an iPhone 6 via the y cable to USB/audio plugs in a 2015 Countryman, JCW, but the system doesn’t seem to detect anything plugged in. I’ve paired the phone via Bluetooth and can play my music through the multimedia functions but would like to operate the phone through the mini connected. Any advice?

Janet

Old 11-06-2017, 09:07 AM
Max Fresen
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I've been having the same problem ever since the 29th or 28th of October ... I can't find any info about this online, so if anyone else can chime in here, that would be greatly appreciated. It stopped working with my iPhone 7+, and my new iPhone X hasn't solved the problem (not that I thought it would, necessarily). I've also replaced the Y-cable (not with a mini official adapter), and that has made no difference.

Old 11-09-2017, 11:27 AM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Most of the time, it's because either the Y-cable you are using is not the MINI OEM cable (3rd party ones are VERY hit or miss), or if you are using a 30-pin to Lightning adapter, it is not the Apple adapter. Alternatively, you may be using the incorrect Y-Cable for your car. There are two different types; one for MINI Connected cars and one for the basic radio. Usually the proper cable for a MINI Connected car will have a 4-conductor audio plug (3 rings on the headphone jack end).