F55/F56/F57 Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for F55/F56 MINI Cooper AND Cooper S models.

Shaking at Idol (Manual Transmission)

Old 07-03-2017, 05:23 PM
Amulk
1st Gear
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Shaking at Idol (Manual Transmission)

Hi all, I'm having some problems again. I bought my 2015 Mini Cooper S a few months ago and have loved it while I've had it. Unfortunately it's been in the shop a bit sense my purchase. First for a new tranny (manual) and then for an engine shake at idol. Today, after a road trip this weekend (900mi). The shake started up again. It's very prominent at low rpms under 1000. Changing idol by turning the A/C on and off seems to have mixed results. I'd think it was an engine mount if that hadn't just been checked an month ago. Does any one has any ideas that might help?

Thanks in advance,

Old 07-15-2017, 04:52 PM
UMDBULLDOG
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rough idle

Originally Posted by Amulk
Hi all, I'm having some problems again. I bought my 2015 Mini Cooper S a few months ago and have loved it while I've had it. Unfortunately it's been in the shop a bit sense my purchase. First for a new tranny (manual) and then for an engine shake at idol. Today, after a road trip this weekend (900mi). The shake started up again. It's very prominent at low rpms under 1000. Changing idol by turning the A/C on and off seems to have mixed results. I'd think it was an engine mount if that hadn't just been checked an month ago. Does any one has any ideas that might help?

Thanks in advance,
i have the same issue...they ran out of time to diagnois it. Had it in last fall for this and did a 350.00 fuel system cleanse, didn't fix. Its so noisy sitting in nuetral in my garage, worse than my other way older car. This car did get the new engine also. If anyone knows fix let me know. They said 2 other models there do the same thing?

Old 07-16-2017, 01:12 PM
Amulk
1st Gear
Update

So mine is still in the shop, they are talking about an engine replacement. Thankfully all my stuff is under warranty so we'll see what is going on. I'll keep updating here.

Old 07-18-2017, 04:37 PM
UMDBULLDOG
Neutral
If it's the crank shaft replacement w new engine that didn't correct issue on my MCS.

Old 07-18-2017, 04:44 PM
Amulk
1st Gear
Crank shaft bearing was replaced before this problem came about. But that's not too encouraging. Are you out of warranty?

Old 07-19-2017, 06:30 PM
UMDBULLDOG
Neutral
26k, still under warranty. Keep us posted!

Old 07-19-2017, 10:03 PM
Amulk
1st Gear
Update

So I went by the dealership to pick up my phone charger and iPod that rides around in the car. And the my service advisor (bless her she's been fantastic) was joking about my vehicle never leaving. Which if they want me to drive this Cooper S with the JCW performance upgrades on it for a while I won't complain too much. But they had the engine head block removed and a good but of wires hanging out under the engine bay. Sooooo who knows what's next for my car.

Thanks,

Old 08-21-2017, 05:17 PM
Amulk
1st Gear
Fixed!

So I finally got my car back from the dealership. Apparently it was a bad flywheel. They replaced the clutch and flywheel and everything seems to be in good running order.

I'll keep y'all posted if anything changes.

Search this Thread