F55/F56/F57 Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for F55/F56 MINI Cooper AND Cooper S models.

Heater noises....

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 01:24 PM
Lucila
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Heater noises....

I got into my car this afternoon and noticed that my heater was making a whining sound like "weee...weee...weee" and then after me turning it on and off several times to determine if it was the heater it stopped. What I have now is a noise that seems to be coming from the motor that runs the blower. It sounds like "grrrrrrr". Go ahead. Laugh.

Anyone else experience this before? I have a 2015 F56S. 12k miles

Old 03-03-2017, 05:15 PM
rk15000
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One thing you could do is to check if anything is obstructing the flow of air in the cabin filter area.

To access the cabin filter, you need a T20 (I think) torx screwdriver to remove the screw holding in the center console panel on the passenger's side. The panel I'm talking about is the panel just underneath the glovebox, to the left in the passenger's footwell area.

You can then pop the panel out and feel around for the little door behind the center console that seals the cabin filter enclosure. Pop that open, and you can remove the two filter elements. Stick your hand in there and see if anything could be obstructing.

You could also try running with the filters removed to isolate the noise. Just a suggestion.

Thanks,

-Ryan

Old 03-04-2017, 07:29 AM
mdaz75
4th Gear
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Regarding the weee, weee, weee noise, perhaps there's three little pigs trapped in the heating system just trying to get all the way home.

Old 03-04-2017, 12:18 PM
Lucila
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the replies. It turned out to be the three little piggies 🐷🐷🐷.

I took it it to the dealer and they resolved it. Apparently there's a vent in the boot that has a filter. When too much pressure builds up in the cabin, the filter restricts the airflow and then the motor has to work harder which in turn makes it grrrrr and wee wee 😜

The mechanic just removed the filter and explained to me that it didn't really need it and that's what the engineers recommended as a fix. I haven't had the issue since.