Recently bought a 2009 R55 JCW, looking for more...

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 07:17 PM
griengl
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Recently bought a 2009 R55 JCW, looking for more...

Hi all,

As this is my first post, I figure I will ask the first question that I haven't been able to find an answer to through my studious research: What tuning options are there for the R55 JCW? I understand some will scoff, although I understand the JCW package includes modifications, and I am curious which modifications will bring the car further than it currently is? My concern is dropping $500 on a tune, and later finding out that the JCW tuning and such only give the modifications a marginal advantage. Are there any mods/upgrades that most individuals reccomend when starting out, and if so, where to buy them and etc.?

This is my first MINI, as I just sold my 1989 E34 535i, so I figured i'd *sort-of* stick to BMW, although I am eager to learn in this new community!

Old 07-09-2017, 07:35 PM
MarioKart
Vendor
Received 115 Likes on 93 Posts
Do a real tune, many of my customer are people that paid for the JCW flash and were disappointed

mQubed Motorsport, Manic Tuning Dealer

2013 GP2 #295, 270whp/310wtq, KO4 47mm Turbo, 18" NM Wheels, Alta intake, Manic Stage III+, HFS-3 Meth, 30% E85 Blend, Forged IC, Alta Hot Pipe, P&P/Ceramic Exhaust Manifold, m3 Extreme Ceramic DP, Vibrant mid res, 4" Double walled Tips, WMW/KW V3 CO, Alta Rear CA, CREE Fogs, Black out F/R Rings and Gas Cap, M7 CF Front Splitter, and No Stickers. MORE TO COME!! Previous 04Triple Black 17% Alta, MM Air/H2O, CAI, OBX Header, FBT Head, Shrick Cam, 234whp

Last edited by MarioKart; 07-10-2017 at 09:20 AM.
Old 07-10-2017, 08:01 AM
griengl
Neutral
Tune

Originally Posted by MarioKart
Do a real tune, many of my customer are people that paid for the JCW flash are we're disappointed

<NWConcrete_nw_endpoint_resolver: 0x16fb2530>
When you mean tune, do you mean someone siting on a laptop with the car on a dyno, or just a different chip?

Thanks

Old 07-10-2017, 08:07 AM
njaremka
Alliance Member
Received 1,710 Likes on 1,379 Posts
Originally Posted by griengl
Hi all,

As this is my first post, I figure I will ask the first question that I haven't been able to find an answer to through my studious research: What tuning options are there for the R55 JCW? I understand some will scoff, although I understand the JCW package includes modifications, and I am curious which modifications will bring the car further than it currently is? My concern is dropping $500 on a tune, and later finding out that the JCW tuning and such only give the modifications a marginal advantage. Are there any mods/upgrades that most individuals reccomend when starting out, and if so, where to buy them and etc.?

This is my first MINI, as I just sold my 1989 E34 535i, so I figured i'd *sort-of* stick to BMW, although I am eager to learn in this new community!
Originally Posted by MarioKart
Do a real tune, many of my customer are people that paid for the JCW flash are we're disappointed

<NWConcrete_nw_endpoint_resolver: 0x16fb2530>
Hi spost says he has a JCW already?

Originally Posted by griengl
When you mean tune, do you mean someone siting on a laptop with the car on a dyno, or just a different chip?

Thanks
Since you have an '09, you should be able to get a remote tune. Not sure of the logistics, but Mario can help you. Having a JCW already, a tune will be more beneficial for you than if you were starting with a regular S model.

Old 07-10-2017, 06:42 PM
griengl
Neutral
Originally Posted by njaremka
Hi spost says he has a JCW already?

Since you have an '09, you should be able to get a remote tune. Not sure of the logistics, but Mario can help you. Having a JCW already, a tune will be more beneficial for you than if you were starting with a regular S model.
I am truly sorry to ask, but I am a bit of a noob to a lot of engine tuning, as I have done more fixing than upgrading on my previous cars... What do you mean by remote tune, and who is Mario? I do have a factory JCW package on my car.