Factory JCW Talk (2009+) Discussion of the factory-built 2nd Gen JCW MINI Cooper S, and all unique aspects of this trim.

Sooo Pissed!!!

Old 12-17-2010, 09:40 AM
Foo King Zo6
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sooo Pissed!!!

Well I told my salesperson about 3 weeks ago, NOO Front plate!!! on my JCW Aero kit.. He calls me today, hey your car is in!! oh cool oh Sheeet i gotta call u back!! calls me back. was that to do with my car? yes they started drilling holes in front bumper!!!! i guess your getting me a new front Bumper.. sorry just needed to vent.. I hate front plates!!! what should i do maybe just leave the black mounting bracket? have them owe me something else?

Last edited by Foo King Zo6; 12-17-2010 at 09:52 AM.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:15 AM
jaydub
2nd Gear
I'd have them provide the car exactly as you ordered it, and if you requested no front plate, then they need to provide just that.

I'm with you, I hate front plates.

Old 12-17-2010, 12:19 PM
mtbscott
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sounds like there's no argument that you asked for it not to be done, so make them replace it. (On the other hand, if you really want the car NOW and don't want to wait, it wouldn't be that hard to fix the holes they drilled.)

Old 12-17-2010, 01:26 PM
mini coop
6th Gear
Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Do you have it in writing or on the order? I always put "no dealer decals, stickers etc on the car" on the order for the car. No doubt about it that way. If you take the car with the bracket, maybe some plugs from Home Depot or somewhere would make it look better and fill the holes. Sorry about the problem you are having.

Old 12-17-2010, 02:14 PM
Foo King Zo6
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by mini coop
Do you have it in writing or on the order? I always put "no dealer decals, stickers etc on the car" on the order for the car. No doubt about it that way. If you take the car with the bracket, maybe some plugs from Home Depot or somewhere would make it look better and fill the holes. Sorry about the problem you are having.
Yea he knows he apologized! He's a cool guy. he said something about that they will fill the holes with some BMW certified stuff they have used on beemers. He said no it's not cheap fix! i know there are some plugs for cars my wife used on her car.. we'll see going there now..

Old 12-17-2010, 03:13 PM
jasoncolorado
3rd Gear
I guess I am used to them because we have to use them in Colorado. Honestly...if your state doesnt require front plates, then go with the German/European Plates..not sure if they use the same holes or not, but your car ROCKS either way.

Old 12-17-2010, 03:48 PM
drewstermalloy
6th Gear
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Filling the holes is still way cheaper than buying you a new bumper... which is what they should do.

Old 12-17-2010, 03:50 PM
Rixter
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They should replace the entire bumper and send me your CR bumper at a really good price

Seriously though, I wouldnt buy a brand new car and accept some patch job from the dealer. Months from now you may regret it and you wont be able to insist on a full replacement

Last edited by Rixter; 12-17-2010 at 07:31 PM.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:59 PM
MiniTS-05
3rd Gear
you asked for no front plate you should receive no front plate. Pay for what you asked for and not what they can give you.

Old 12-17-2010, 04:04 PM
cccplus
4th Gear
never liked the front plate. if it was like the euro version then i don't mind. but the usa version is horrible and i rather pay the fixing ticket.

Old 12-17-2010, 05:39 PM
paddyh
2nd Gear
My MCS came with a dealer installed front plate bracket. I removed it and bought plugs from a company called BumperPlugs. They matched my paint exactly and do a nice job of covering up the holes. Worked out as a good solution for me. All I can say is Eric (the guy at BumperPlugs) does good work!

Old 12-17-2010, 05:45 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Honestly, if you looked at the car as pictured and got pissed...don't take delivery. Have them replace the bumper or order another to spec. Good Luck!

Old 12-17-2010, 06:06 PM
DneprDave
6th Gear
Received 85 Likes on 77 Posts
I bought mine off the lot, it had no plates, just a temorary sticker in the back window. I drove it home the day I bought it. I asked them to send me the plates. The front plate is on my garage wall!

Dave

Old 12-18-2010, 06:38 AM
Foo King Zo6
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by paddyh
My MCS came with a dealer installed front plate bracket. I removed it and bought plugs from a company called Bumper Plugs. They matched my paint exactly and do a nice job of covering up the holes. Worked out as a good solution for me. All I can say is Eric (the guy at Bumper Plugs) does good work!
Hey guys. well I was gonna do the bumper plugs but the new plate bracket has 4 Holes!! Not 2. I think it would look stupid with 4 plugs.. they did say i can get the front driving lights for Free and installed for free if i take it this way.. or they fix my bumper, they said it would be perfect! then i buy the lights but the install is free.. I would totally do the euro plate, But not sure if the holes are the same.. decisions decisions..

Old 12-18-2010, 08:47 AM
devicemanager
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Foo King Zo6
Hey guys. well I was gonna do the bumper plugs but the new plate bracket has 4 Holes!! Not 2. I think it would look stupid with 4 plugs.. they did say i can get the front driving lights for Free and installed for free if i take it this way.. or they fix my bumper, they said it would be perfect! then i buy the lights but the install is free.. I would totally do the euro plate, But not sure if the holes are the same.. decisions decisions..
My front bumper also had 4 holes when the dealership attached the front plate. They were not pre-drilled either. I decided to get a Texas vanity plate in black/white, and a front Euro plate & frame from licenseplates.tv in black/white with the identical lettering as my state plate. I drilled 2 more holes in the bumper so that the outer edge of the frame stayed formed to the bumper. I did not use the 4 existing holes. In TX we are required to run a front plate or you risk getting a citation for it. It looks a heck of a lot cleaner with the Euro plate!

Old 12-18-2010, 08:59 AM
SNEEEZY - Erika
Rattle Can Queen!!!
You requested no front plate.

The two "solutions" offered aren't acceptable, IMHO.

If you :::REALLY::: wanted driving lights, surely you would've ordered them with the car, yes?

I'd ask about having the front bumper replaced.

They goofed.

They KNOW they goofed.

What they're offering as a fix is just a way for them to save money.

Besides, OEM Driving Lights on a sharp-looking MINI like yours wouldn't look "right". I can EASILY envision the larger, aftermarket lights on the lower front bumper...

Old 12-18-2010, 09:21 AM
Foo King Zo6
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by SNEEEZY - Erika
You requested no front plate.

The two "solutions" offered aren't acceptable, IMHO.

If you :::REALLY::: wanted driving lights, surely you would've ordered them with the car, yes?

I'd ask about having the front bumper replaced.

They goofed.

They KNOW they goofed.

What they're offering as a fix is just a way for them to save money.

Besides, OEM Driving Lights on a sharp-looking MINI like yours wouldn't look "right". I can EASILY envision the larger, aftermarket lights on the lower front bumper...
Yea your right! it just sucks that there body guy has too fill the holes, re paint. Blah blah! I know there are worse things out there.. Or i could have the JCW steering wheel done instead.. lol for free!!

Old 12-18-2010, 09:45 AM
devicemanager
3rd Gear
Is a euro plate not an option for you?

Old 12-18-2010, 09:52 AM
Foo King Zo6
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by devicemanager
Is a euro plate not an option for you?
Totally an option!! I just dont know if the bracket would line up with the 4 holes they drilled.. not 2!! 11's have freaking 4 holes!!

Old 12-18-2010, 11:46 AM
devicemanager
3rd Gear
Even if you have to drill two more holes, like I did, you cannot see them so at most it's ocd kicking in trying to take over.

Old 12-18-2010, 12:02 PM
Foo King Zo6
2nd Gear
OCD!! Big time!!!!

Old 12-18-2010, 12:08 PM
SNEEEZY - Erika
Rattle Can Queen!!!
Yea your right! it just sucks that there body guy has too fill the holes, re paint. Blah blah! I know there are worse things out there.. Or i could have the JCW steering wheel done instead.. lol for free!!
If they are offering you the JCW steering wheel...ACCEPT THE OFFER...be sure they include the Carbon Fiber spoke inserts for the steering wheel.

After my 03/15/08 sneezing accident, I upgraded to the JCW Leather steering wheel...it is AWESOME!

Old 12-18-2010, 02:45 PM
Rixter
5th Gear
Originally Posted by SNEEEZY - Erika
After my 03/15/08 sneezing accident, I upgraded to the JCW Leather steering wheel...it is AWESOME!
You're allergic to Alcantara?

Old 12-18-2010, 03:23 PM
DChap
5th Gear
tell them you want a new bumper or you are not taking delivery of the car. they'll get it sorted real quick

Old 12-18-2010, 03:58 PM
SNEEEZY - Erika
Rattle Can Queen!!!
Originally Posted by Rixter
You're allergic to Alcantara?
Ha, ha...no, not allergic to the Alcantara...I prefer leather vs. suede, though.

The "sneezing accident" came about due to a multiple-sneeze fit where I accelerated during the sneezing and missed a 90-degree blind right-hand turn and ended up replowing a farmer's field.

There's a thread on it somewhere here on NAM, including pics of all the gory details.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sooo Pissed!!!