North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Factory JCW Talk (2009+) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/factory-jcw-talk-2009-303/)
-   -   My JCW (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/factory-jcw-talk-2009/178739-my-jcw.html)

Ron Avery 11-20-2009 01:04 PM

My JCW

3 Attachment(s)
I have many photos to show you guys. I will up load them now
Ron:)

Ron Avery 11-20-2009 01:06 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I have many photos to show you guys. I will up load them now

Ron Avery 11-20-2009 01:08 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Ok I was able to up load some more photos..
Ron

Ron Avery 11-20-2009 01:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The site will not let me upload most of my photos. It is telling me I have already uploaded them on the week 40 support thread. So if you would to see them,click over.
Ron

JS 11-20-2009 01:30 PM

great looking car

The wait was worth it. Are you enjoying your new JCW? Pepper White always looks great.

GreyLens 11-20-2009 02:13 PM

Congrats!! Just got my wife a pepper white MCS and I have a 2009 JCW, Silver/Silver...The best car I've ever owned. My first track day is 19 Dec...only modification is a Whalen Shift Ball. Mod's will start in Feb2010.

I love the pepper white!!! You'll love this beast. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

matthew-w 11-20-2009 02:46 PM

Nice choice. Like it.

Long Beach MINI? That's where mine rolled out from.

ngweibing 11-20-2009 06:09 PM

nice car..congrats

JAS76 11-20-2009 06:21 PM

Congrats!!! nice ride

dunphyj 11-20-2009 07:21 PM

ah the smell of new glorious rides :)

ronnie948 11-20-2009 07:34 PM

Very nice

Congratulations, I really like your interior. Actually I like the looks of the whole car.:thumbsup:
Ronnie948

Ron Avery 11-21-2009 09:53 AM

Thanks for all the kind words.I love the car so far,the HK is great.
The only thing that bugs me is my I phone 3 G does not charge in the arm rest. I have the smart phone, plus the snap in. Part # I got off this site. So I have an appointment at Bob Smith soon to see if they can sort it out.
Ron

Julien321 11-21-2009 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Ron Avery (Post 2922100)
...The only thing that bugs me is my I phone 3 G does not charge in the arm rest...So I have an appointment at Bob Smith soon to see if they can sort it out.
Ron

Waist of time because the hookup conforms to the older iPod Firewire standards and the 3G iPhone uses only the USB standard. Many accessory manufactures have been slow to make the change. You can buy a Griffin adapter to "fix" the problem or wait on MINI to do a redesign. Also you are getting a trickle charge but if using the iPhone in any manor it discharge faster than charge.

Ron Avery 11-21-2009 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Julien321 (Post 2922119)
Waist of time because the hookup conforms to the older iPod Firewire standards and the 3G iPhone uses only the USB standard. Many accessory manufactures have been slow to make the change. You can buy a Griffin adapter to "fix" the problem or wait on MINI to do a redesign. Also you are getting a trickle charge but if using the iPhone in any manor it discharge faster than charge.

Thanks for the info, So the Mini USA site is incorrect about the charging in the arm rest. I bought the I phone just for this car. I still will have the dealer check it out,it is under warranty. I will look into the Griffin adapter.
Thanks,
Ron

Augie05 11-23-2009 01:02 PM

Great looking car. Would like to see what the checkered roof looks like if you have a picture handy since you started with white roof.

Ron Avery 11-23-2009 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Augie05 (Post 2923178)
Great looking car. Would like to see what the checkered roof looks like if you have a picture handy since you started with white roof.

I don't have a shot of just the roof. Only what you see. It looks way better than just a white roof.

hemisedan 11-23-2009 01:57 PM

Ron,

Looks great. Now the big question: Was it worth the wait? Yes, I know a dumb question, but I'm sure your very happy with it. I, too would like to see a picture of that checkered roof. When I do get mine, it will be red/black, like so many of the JCW's, but that's what my Russian wife has picked for me. Hey, she lets me do what I want around cars, so that's the least that I can do. Anyway, Russian and Red, you all figure that one.

Great car, now have fun.

Ron Avery 11-23-2009 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by hemisedan (Post 2923220)
Ron,

Looks great. Now the big question: Was it worth the wait? Yes, I know a dumb question, but I'm sure your very happy with it. I, too would like to see a picture of that checkered roof. When I do get mine, it will be red/black, like so many of the JCW's, but that's what my Russian wife has picked for me. Hey, she lets me do what I want around cars, so that's the least that I can do. Anyway, Russian and Red, you all figure that one.

Great car, now have fun.

Yes I love the car, it is fun to drive and all of that. I will take a photo of the roof later in the week,and post it for all of you. Happy turkey day to all.:thumbsup:

Ron Avery 11-24-2009 04:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Augie05 (Post 2923178)

Ok photos of the checkered roof and one more of the gauges. Hope this helps.

Wingman57 11-25-2009 07:50 AM

Congrats....I'll be lucky to get mine by xmas.
Nice little score on the g-force gauge, thanks for postin pics...love the car man.

hemisedan 11-25-2009 12:14 PM

The gauges look great, but why can't someone make gauges that match, more closely, the Mini gauges? Especially in the gauge color, and let's get difficult, the pointers too?

Happy Turkey Day, oh yes I meant "Happy Thanksgiving" to all.

Bill in Iowa

Gil-galad 11-25-2009 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by hemisedan (Post 2924369)

The gauges look great, but why can't someone make gauges that match, more closely, the Mini gauges? Especially in the gauge color, and let's get difficult, the pointers too?

Ask, and ye shall receive:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ry-gauges.html

(I'm presently in the middle of installing mine :) )