F60 :: Countryman Talk (2016-2023) F60 Countryman discussion

F60 2019 JCW Countryman - 1 month review

Old 07-15-2019, 05:19 PM
djnemo
1st Gear
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2019 JCW Countryman - 1 month review

Now that I have had my 2019 JCW Countryman for a month and 1k miles, I thought I would share my positives and negatives.

+++++Things I love+++++
+ Signature Package - includes everything I wanted and little I didn't, and also comes with a few things I wasn't expecting such as rain sensing wipers, auto dimming headlights and a projected mini logo on the ground when you unlock the car.
+ JCW Cloth Seats - I was worried about the lack of adjustable lumbar support as I have a bad back, but these seats are firm yet comfortable, and the beefy side bolsters prevent me from sliding around in turns. They also look cool and sporty. The only downside is that the fixed head restraint ends at the middle of the back of my head, not quite annoying but not ideal. Anyone with a longer torso than me (I'm 6'1'') would have a real issue with the head restraint.
+Infotainment: love that I can use the dial or the touchscreeen, easy to use and clear graphics.
+Size- they did a great job designing this car to provide maximum interior space for the footprint. Big enough to shuttle around my 2 kids and take a trip to Costco, plenty of headroom, yet small enough to park in tight spots and handle well.
+Color - Very happy with how the moonwalk grey looks in person, similar to the grey that Audi has.
+Automatic Transmission - haven't even noticed it, which is a good thing, smooth and little hesitation.

-------Things I don't like--------
- Sport mode - I was expecting the hear burbles or pops from the exhaust and faster shifting with stiffer suspension, but the only difference I notice is that the engine sound is louder (likely increased volume through the speakers)
- Harman Kardon - speaking of speakers, this system is no better than my base system on the bmw x3. Not worth the $750 IMO.
- Wireless charging - doesn't work and will be taking it to the dealer.
- Carplay - there should be an option to allow carplay to appear on full screen instead of 2/3 of the screen.
- Sunshade for my sunroof - would have preferred a solid cover rather than the opaque cover - easily fixed aftermarket but a bit annoying.
- Rims - the JCW rims stick out from the tires so be careful with curbs - I already scraped one of my rims. If you are coming from a sports sedan, you will be used to this, but if you are coming from an SUV, be forewarned.

Overall I am loving my car so far, no regrets.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
IMG_5811.pdf (117.0 KB, 76 views)
The following users liked this post:
creep (07-15-2019)
Old 07-16-2019, 12:00 PM
BTDUBS
2nd Gear
Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
If you are unsatisfied with the sound of the exhaust, get the JCW exhaust from the tuning kit. I got it with the tuning kit for my S and it is giggle worthy when the exhaust is open, all the pops make it sound like a machine gun.

Old 07-25-2019, 05:32 AM
07PepperS
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My dealer offered the kit for free on a ‘19 S since they have no JCWs

Old 07-25-2019, 07:23 AM
d2mini
5th Gear
Received 100 Likes on 67 Posts
Have had mine for a week now. Fully loaded Iconic.
I'd say the only thing that I do not like is that there is no way to sync the dual ac controls. Having to turn two dials instead of one every time i want to adjust the temp is annoying and IMO something that should be standard on any dual ac system. Never seen a dual ac system that didn't allow for syncing.

Only other minor minor gripes is no side assist warning light and no guidelines on the backup camera, and no dipstick for manually checking the oil.
And don't like the extra step of "confirming" when using the steering wheel audio controls to change tracks. Luckily I can just use the touch screen or hard buttons on the center stack.
Oh and the runflats, but we all know about that. lol

My wrangler had a custom sound system in it. Pionner NEX HU, Hertz Speakers, JL Amp, JL Subwoofer. My Audi before that had the B&O system. The HK system was included in the Iconic and I'm glad it's there.
For me it's perfectly adequate. Could be a little clearer and could use some stronger subs, but for the price it's pretty decent and it's not leaving me looking to upgrade any time soon.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Lounge Leather seats. The pleating, the leg extension, the extra little details on the shoulders and back of the headrests. Such a freakin no brainer for only $500.
Can't believe it was so hard to find in otherwise highly spec'd CM's. It was one of my must-haves.
I also dig some of the cool little features like the automatic venting... anything helps down here in the south!
The whole i-drive system works pretty well. Pretty intuitive and I like that there are options for the controls... touch screen, dial, hard buttons.

Old 07-25-2019, 09:04 AM
TheOriginalKonky
3rd Gear
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
You can add the back up guides. I think when you put it in reverse the option is on the the left side of the screen. scroll down and check the box.

Originally Posted by d2mini
Only other minor minor gripes is no side assist warning light and no guidelines on the backup camera

Old 07-25-2019, 09:06 AM
GnFnRnBacon
2nd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by d2mini
no guidelines on the backup camera
They're in there. Go into your settings - they can be enabled/disabled.

Old 07-25-2019, 09:20 AM
d2mini
5th Gear
Originally Posted by TheOriginalKonky
You can add the back up guides. I think when you put it in reverse the option is on the the left side of the screen. scroll down and check the box.
Originally Posted by GnFnRnBacon
They're in there. Go into your settings - they can be enabled/disabled.
Woohoo! Will check that out later... but sounds like one less thing to dislike.

Now when you find the setting for syncing the AC, lemme know.

Old 07-25-2019, 11:03 AM
d2mini
5th Gear
MUCH BETTER with the lines and warnings.
Didn't even see/pay attention to those settings that pop up on the left side of the screen.
Thanks again.