F60 :: Countryman Talk (2016-2023) F60 Countryman discussion

F60 Carplay on IOS13.2 Beta

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 03:54 AM
MinisINCornwall
1st Gear
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Carplay on IOS13.2 Beta

I have updated my iPhone to IOS 13.2 Beta. Thought I would share some pictures of the new CarPlay interface.

New home screen

Apple maps suggested route

launching route guidance. The share button starts the Mini NAV

New split screen option

New calendar app

No change to now playing

Old 06-18-2019, 07:33 AM
DavidPinAZ
3rd Gear
Received 136 Likes on 87 Posts
Nice! I've been waiting for the public beta to test it out. It looks like the right side split screen part is pretty useless except for when playing music, yes?

Old 06-18-2019, 09:58 AM
MinisINCornwall
1st Gear
Originally Posted by DavidPinAZ
Nice! I've been waiting for the public beta to test it out. It looks like the right side split screen part is pretty useless except for when playing music, yes?
You can display any of the tiles on the right hand side that are available (computer, compass, media, map etc.). So you could have the mini nav map displayed on the right and Spotify on the left, same as you can with ios12.

Old 06-19-2019, 02:19 AM
BMacUC
2nd Gear
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Man, I was really hoping iOS 13 would magically allow full screen CarPlay but alas it appears to be a MINI firmware limitation. Thanks for sharing!

Old 06-19-2019, 03:49 AM
MinisINCornwall
1st Gear
Originally Posted by BMacUC
Man, I was really hoping iOS 13 would magically allow full screen CarPlay but alas it appears to be a MINI firmware limitation. Thanks for sharing!
Depending on your firmware level there are plenty of people advertising that can code/configure full screen CarPlay for both F series Bmw’s and F60’s with the widescreen.

Old 06-19-2019, 04:14 AM
BMacUC
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MinisINCornwall
Depending on your firmware level there are plenty of people advertising that can code/configure full screen CarPlay for both F series Bmw’s and F60’s with the widescreen.
Thanks, yeah I was told I need to update my firmware to be able to implement full screen carplay. However, after countless hours searching the interwebs, I could not find a way to update my firmware and the mini site linked below does not work for me no matter what browser I am on :-(

https://www.mini.com/connectivity-us

Old 06-19-2019, 05:16 AM
MinisINCornwall
1st Gear
Originally Posted by BMacUC
Thanks, yeah I was told I need to update my firmware to be able to implement full screen carplay. However, after countless hours searching the interwebs, I could not find a way to update my firmware and the mini site linked below does not work for me no matter what browser I am on :-(

https://www.mini.com/connectivity-us
The Mini site will only give you a download for firmware to update the bluetooth connectivity. You would need a dealer (or someone with access to dealer software) to update the headunit firmware.

The following users liked this post:
BMacUC (06-19-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 06:17 AM
BMacUC
2nd Gear
The Mini site will only give you a download for firmware to update the bluetooth connectivity. You would need a dealer (or someone with access to dealer software) to update the headunit firmware.
Got it, thank you!

Old 06-20-2019, 07:57 AM
darex
5th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
According to my research, we ALL have firmware that's too old to support full-screen CarPlay, as in even the 3rd party fixes won't work on our hardware. Makes me hate using mapping apps in CarPlay. It's simply too small, and for no good reason!

i'm not saying it's impossible, but I haven't found a solution that would purportedly work in my Countryman.

Old 06-20-2019, 01:22 PM
BMacUC
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by darex
According to my research, we ALL have firmware that's too old to support full-screen CarPlay, as in even the 3rd party fixes won't work on our hardware. Makes me hate using mapping apps in CarPlay. It's simply too small, and for no good reason!

i'm not saying it's impossible, but I haven't found a solution that would purportedly work in my Countryman.
Have you checked with your local dealer? I have not yet, but plan to at my next service appointment

Old 06-25-2019, 04:55 PM
iceknyght
2nd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I was hoping to be able to use that right side as well... I want to as the Service guys next time I take it in, which should be soon-ish... Our headhunt has restarted itself a few times while driving in the last few months, so I wanted to ask about that anyway...

Other than that tiny split screen, the new GUI looks pretty nice!