North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   F60 :: Countryman Talk (2016-2023) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/f60-countryman-talk-2016-2023-444/)
-   -   F60 Where is Apple Car Play Hiding? (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/f60-countryman-talk-2016-2023/339744-where-is-apple-car-play-hiding.html)

mattyb13 06-13-2019 05:49 AM

Where is Apple Car Play Hiding?

Just purchased an F60. Iconic. Loaded.
I can not seem to find where Apple Car Play is hiding. Im using Mini Connected daily. I would like to try Apple Car Play to compare. My phone is paired via Bluetooth normally, but no matter where I look, I can not find Apple Car Play? Any help? Thank you.

18cmjcw 06-13-2019 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by mattyb13 (Post 4475700)
Just purchased an F60. Iconic. Loaded.
I can not seem to find where Apple Car Play is hiding. Im using Mini Connected daily. I would like to try Apple Car Play to compare. My phone is paired via Bluetooth normally, but no matter where I look, I can not find Apple Car Play? Any help? Thank you.

In the iPhone Settings, the CarPlay section advises: "If your car supports wireless CarPlay, press and hold the voice control button on your steering wheel to start CarPlay setup."

Have you already followed this instruction?

-Bob

mattyb13 06-13-2019 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by 18cmjcw (Post 4475775)
In the iPhone Settings, the CarPlay section advises: "If your car supports wireless CarPlay, press and hold the voice control button on your steering wheel to start CarPlay setup."

Have you already followed this instruction?

-Bob

Hi Bob,
Your advice was helpful-thanks, and my car's # code popped up under the supported car area on my phone but I just get a spinning pinwheel?

18cmjcw 06-13-2019 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by mattyb13 (Post 4475840)
Hi Bob,
Your advice was helpful-thanks, and my car's # code popped up under the supported car area on my phone but I just get a spinning pinwheel?

And, then did you think about or actually shut the iPhone down and re-start it? You might try that, too, if you haven't already.

-Bob

mattyb13 06-13-2019 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by 18cmjcw (Post 4475863)
And, then did you think about or actually shut the iPhone down and re-start it? You might try that, too, if you haven't already.

-Bob

Yeah I restarted my phone twice. My car shows up as available vehicles to be set up but I just get pinwheels. Not sure what to do?

18cmjcw 06-13-2019 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by mattyb13 (Post 4475864)
Yeah I restarted my phone twice. My car shows up as available vehicles to be set up but I just get pinwheels. Not sure what to do?

One other thought... is your iPhone's iOS system up to date? I found that I had to make sure my phone was up to date before I could get CarPlay to work properly... also, which model of iPhone are you using? Also, while I'm thinking about it, how much RAM do you have in your phone?... if it's a) older, b) low amount of RAM (say, 16 GB) and c) you have filled up the RAM with a lot of apps, that might also be affecting things. I'm just trying to think about the possibilities creatively.

-Bob

mattyb13 06-13-2019 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by 18cmjcw (Post 4475868)
One other thought... is your iPhone's iOS system up to date? I found that I had to make sure my phone was up to date before I could get CarPlay to work properly... also, which model of iPhone are you using? Also, while I'm thinking about it, how much RAM do you have in your phone?... if it's a) older, b) low amount of RAM (say, 16 GB) and c) you have filled up the RAM with a lot of apps, that might also be affecting things. I'm just trying to think about the possibilities creatively.

-Bob

All great ideas and thank you. I have a 128g Iphone 7. I have roughly half of the phpne's storage available. Iphone software up to date. Not sure what else to try.

Minnie.the.Moocher 06-13-2019 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by mattyb13 (Post 4475870)
All great ideas and thank you. I have a 128g Iphone 7. I have roughly half of the phpne's storage available. Iphone software up to date. Not sure what else to try.

The dealer is supposed to help you set that up. Not sure if they still have the "genius" {cough} floating around anymore but that was the job for them.

mattyb13 06-13-2019 04:13 PM

I deleted my phone and re-added it and it seemed to do the trick. Apple CapPlay all up and running. Wonder what will win... CarPlay or Mini Connected?
Thanks all for the help!