F60 :: Countryman Talk (2016-2023) F60 Countryman discussion

F60 Questions on connected app and remote services

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2019, 11:53 AM
creep
2nd Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Questions on connected app and remote services

I believe the 2019 Countryman models come standard with remote services. I'm having a difficult time getting the android app up and running on a new F60 S All4.

Questions:
1) Initially it kept asking for the VIN and when I input the info, it takes me to the next screen about being the primary driver. After selecting I'm the primary driver and clicking on submit, all I get is an error message stating to try again. I got around this by deleting app and then connecting the phone via a usb cable, re-installing the app and logged back in. Now it shows a little bit of info such as fuel level and range. Does this mean the connected app is now working? It seems like the app is very limited and doesn't provide much info. I'm not sure if I have the app setup correctly. My email address does match what the MINI Advisor inputted into their system.

2) I have option 6AP - Remote Services. Looking at some screen shots on other sites, there should be a "Remote" tab on the app that allows me to unlock doors remotely. Is there anything I have to do to get that tab to show on the connected app? This would be the only function I would want from the app.

Thanks!

Old 06-02-2019, 03:09 AM
victoryrider
1st Gear
Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Join the crowd, I have the same problems, no resolution yet.

Old 06-06-2019, 01:58 PM
creep
2nd Gear
I think it's working now. I called Mini Assist earlier in the week and they told me their systems were having issues.

I received an email today that my car is now registered with MINI Connected, so the Electronic Service Agreement (ESA) was processed. I logged into the app and see my car is showing up, however the remote tab was missing.

I uninstalled the app, then reinstalled it, logged in and the remote tab is now showing with all the options and the information tab has more info as well.

Old 06-10-2019, 05:56 AM
maxou723
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Unfortunately for us here in Canada the new Mini Connected app is not available yet that offers all that extras functionality. Can't wait to see it and use it with our 2019 Mini Countryman!

Old 11-19-2021, 09:45 PM
theSantorini
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How did you get the confirmation passcode from the car? I have the same model year and have tried via bluetooth and the USB, but I cannot find where in the infotainment to get the code.

Old 11-19-2021, 10:42 PM
creep
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by theSantorini
How did you get the confirmation passcode from the car? I have the same model year and have tried via bluetooth and the USB, but I cannot find where in the infotainment to get the code.
It's been quite a while since I set it up and can't recall. I think it was under messages.
Here's a youtube video I found which sounds familiar:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...K70xFfU0Rr0xuw

Old 11-20-2021, 08:44 AM
theSantorini
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by creep
It's been quite a while since I set it up and can't recall. I think it was under messages.
Here's a youtube video I found which sounds familiar:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...K70xFfU0Rr0xuw
I've seen that video and it seems pretty easy...yet I'm just not seeing the messages option under Mini Connected. What software version are you running?

Old 11-20-2021, 06:32 PM
creep
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by theSantorini
I've seen that video and it seems pretty easy...yet I'm just not seeing the messages option under Mini Connected. What software version are you running?

I'm away for the week so can't see the version. From what I can recall it popped up like a text message in the message area on the mini unit.. it was very obvious and I didn't have to dig for it. I setup an alternate phone as well and the message popped up right away after installing the app and entering the Vin.

Everything hinged on the ESA being setup properly so communication between you and your car will work. I'm guessing here but I think it's all via cellular network. I think the car has a sim and once the ESA is setup it can communicate. The ESA process was the hardest/worst part for me in getting this setup.

Last edited by creep; 11-20-2021 at 06:42 PM.