North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   F60 :: Countryman Talk (2016-2023) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/f60-countryman-talk-2016-2023-444/)
-   -   F60 HELP ! 2017 Mini CountryMan 3 cyl. 1.5 turbo problems (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/f60-countryman-talk-2016-2023/337855-help-2017-mini-countryman-3-cyl-1-5-turbo-problems.html)

Vicman1288@yahoo.com 04-10-2019 11:06 AM

HELP ! 2017 Mini CountryMan 3 cyl. 1.5 turbo problems

Hi! Im in need of help, purchased a new 2017 Mini Cooper countryman and it has been in the shop 8 times for a check engine light. The error code is always a rich fuel mixture code. Dealership that I bought the car from has updated software from bmw , changed the high pressure fuel pump , and fuel injectors . And BMW is now replacing the high pressure fuel pump and fuel injectors again . BMW is saying it’s because of the high altitude . I live in northern Colorado .

Has as anyone else had these issues with this car and engine ??

Do do I have a Lemon ? Are they giving me the run around?

Reaching out for advice , info .

Thanks from you help

MrFunk 04-10-2019 12:44 PM

Have you filed a claim with Mini USA? You for sure want to do that ASAP.
Here is the CO lemon law - https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/sit...%20Dealers.pdf
I'm pretty sure you are within that... If me I'd begin the process with Mini USA to lemon the car - have them buy it back from you and start with a new one agaon... I wouldn't care what the cause is - I'm sure you don't want to be dealing with that for the life of the ownership. I'm also willing to bet that it's not a common issue.

Vicman1288@yahoo.com 04-10-2019 12:51 PM

Yes!!! I have started a claim ! Thank you for your input! I’ve searched everywhere to see if anyone is having the same issue .

I’ve sent them a request for buy back , through certified mail.

Originally Posted by MrFunk (Post 4462684)
Have you filed a claim with Mini USA? You for sure want to do that ASAP.
Here is the CO lemon law - https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/sit...%20Dealers.pdf
I'm pretty sure you are within that... If me I'd begin the process with Mini USA to lemon the car - have them buy it back from you and start with a new one agaon... I wouldn't care what the cause is - I'm sure you don't want to be dealing with that for the life of the ownership. I'm also willing to bet that it's not a common issue.

MrFunk 04-10-2019 06:21 PM

Be prepared to get an attorney involved if you have to.
It shouldn't matter if others are having this issue or not. They don't seem to be able to fix your car.

Vicman1288@yahoo.com 04-10-2019 07:04 PM

Well I got a call from the dealership they are done putting the high pressure fuel pump and new fuel injectors (second time).

MrFunk 04-13-2019 12:25 PM

Good luck! If you get another CEL then drop it off with them and demand a buy back.

jourgenson 04-19-2019 07:13 AM

I have had the CEL come on about 8-10 times in a similar fashion on my 2017 All4. It only happens in winter when it is relatively cold (under 20F). I was told it was a known issue, but only happened in a few areas that had a combination of cold weather with higher humidity. The altitude in Western New York is only about 800 ft above sea level so I didn't think that was an issue. Every time I take it in, they update the computer and do an oil change. On the positive side, my car has has a lot of oil changes:) The last time it happened was in February and the computer was updated again then. When the CEL comes on, it lasts for a couple days then then turns off. They have never suggested replacing any parts for this issue.

A friend of mine has the same issue with his 2017 All4.

BTDUBS 04-21-2019 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Vicman1288@yahoo.com (Post 4462657)
Hi! Im in need of help, purchased a new 2017 Mini Cooper countryman and it has been in the shop 8 times for a check engine light. The error code is always a rich fuel mixture code. Dealership that I bought the car from has updated software from bmw , changed the high pressure fuel pump , and fuel injectors . And BMW is now replacing the high pressure fuel pump and fuel injectors again . BMW is saying it’s because of the high altitude . I live in northern Colorado .

Has as anyone else had these issues with this car and engine ??

Do do I have a Lemon ? Are they giving me the run around?

Reaching out for advice , info .

Thanks from you help

If you qualify for the lemon law in CO, hire a lawyer. I don't know how it works there specifically, but lemon law lawyers only get paid if you win and only by the manufacturer.

cargusjoh 09-08-2022 07:30 PM

Any update on the 1.5 Colorado experience? Step daughter has a 1.5 since '19 40k miles no issue. I just orderd a 1.5. I heard the motor needs to heat up to burn of f gas in the oil that adds up (oil dilution). Fix is change oil. Curious to hear your continued story

NBCGLX 09-09-2022 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by cargusjoh (Post 4632393)
Any update on the 1.5 Colorado experience? Step daughter has a 1.5 since '19 40k miles no issue. I just orderd a 1.5. I heard the motor needs to heat up to burn of f gas in the oil that adds up (oil dilution). Fix is change oil. Curious to hear your continued story

My F60 has the 4-cylinder, but my 2019 F57 has the 3-cylinder and I’ve had zero issues in Pennsylvania. It’s not had any problems whatsoever in the 4.5 years I’ve owned it 🤞🏼

cargusjoh 09-09-2022 12:02 PM

Dealer sais no more 1.5 oil dillution issues in last years

Dealer said they are not seeing oil dillution issues in the last few years in cold weather. Maybe issue is resolved.

ApexF60SE 09-19-2022 09:47 AM

FYI... Denver, CO 2018 F60 SE here, 3 cyl, 1.5L turbo with hybrid. I believe essentially the same engine. In 2 years ownership have not had this come up.

cargusjoh 02-13-2024 01:57 PM

After 15 months no issues. I do get it out and drive on the highway so not just very shortruns that seem to contribute. 23 F56 Cooper.