North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   F60 :: Countryman Talk (2016-2023) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/f60-countryman-talk-2016-2023-444/)
-   -   F60 Which Android Phone Works Best with Mini Connect (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/f60-countryman-talk-2016-2023/337628-which-android-phone-works-best-with-mini-connect.html)

victoryrider 04-03-2019 06:16 AM

Which Android Phone Works Best with Mini Connect

I need to replace my android phone. Is there a particular brand or model that works best with the Mini Connected system. I currently use a OnePlus 3 and it works OK but loses connection a lot and doesn't read out text messages. Any recommendations appreciated.

Blu_lite 04-04-2019 09:24 AM

FYI, I had the same read out text message issue but that was fixed with the Mini software update. Using Moto Z.

gbilton 04-04-2019 02:44 PM

I have a Pixel 3 and it does some neat features like turning Bluetooth on and pairing to the car by itself.The MINI connected app I do have to open manually because the Android auto app steps in but it doesn't bother me. Text messages do show up on the screen no problem for me as well

victoryrider 04-05-2019 03:26 AM

FYI - I asked Mini Assistance same question and got this reply:

Hi Edward,

Thanks for writing MINI regarding tested devices for your 2018 MINI John Cooper Works Countryman ALL4. I appreciate your inquiry and am happy to assist you!

A list of compatible phones can be found on our website, https://www.bmwusa.com/owners/bluetooth-technology.html. First enter the last seven characters of your VIN, select your network provider, then your phone manufacturer and model. If your desired phone is not listed, we cannot guarantee functionality with your vehicle’s Bluetooth® system.

The MINI Motoring Relations team is here for you. You can reach us at 1.866.ASK.MINI (275-6464) Monday through Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. ET and Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. ET.

I hope you find this information helpful; thanks again for writing us.

LET’S MOTOR®.

Katie Dawes
MINI Motoring Relations
Representative

Josh Hardin 04-19-2019 02:30 PM

Have you tried Tasker to help automate it? On a side note, my wife has iPhone and I've never been so tempted to drop my Pixel 3. That Apple car play is so sick. Puts my auto play Pandora Tasker event to shame. Why oh why oh why can't we have Android Auto on these cars????

Madman23 04-25-2019 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by Josh Hardin (Post 4464520)
Have you tried Tasker to help automate it? On a side note, my wife has iPhone and I've never been so tempted to drop my Pixel 3. That Apple car play is so sick. Puts my auto play Pandora Tasker event to shame. Why oh why oh why can't we have Android Auto on these cars????

My Note 8 works well with it, but my biggest issue is not understanding why BMW refuses to go with android auto. I agree with you on this, carplay is awesome, but they should allow both. I just have screen mirroring on and that is as close as I will get to it.

Josh Hardin 04-25-2019 11:26 AM

What is this screen mirroring you speak of? Is that Samsung specific as in it's replicating your phone on the touchscreen? I'm wondering if it's a different interface than what I'm using, which is essentially selecting my phone from the audio menu and then having Tasker launch Pandora once the Bluetooth connects.
All I want is to get in my car and not have to take my phone out of my pocket, control my audio (Pandora, Spotify, etc) through the touchscreen menu and read a text. So far it has worked OCCASIONALLY with my Pixel 3 but i'ts really hit or miss and depends on how often updates roll out for my Android.

Madman23 05-04-2019 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Josh Hardin (Post 4465675)
What is this screen mirroring you speak of? Is that Samsung specific as in it's replicating your phone on the touchscreen? I'm wondering if it's a different interface than what I'm using, which is essentially selecting my phone from the audio menu and then having Tasker launch Pandora once the Bluetooth connects.
All I want is to get in my car and not have to take my phone out of my pocket, control my audio (Pandora, Spotify, etc) through the touchscreen menu and read a text. So far it has worked OCCASIONALLY with my Pixel 3 but i'ts really hit or miss and depends on how often updates roll out for my Android.

If you give Okee at CodeMyCar a call he has a ton of different options he can do with these cars. As far as screen mirroring, my phone screen mirrors directly to my nav screen exactly how it shows on my Note 8.