F60 :: Countryman Talk (2016-2023) F60 Countryman discussion

F60 2019 JCW pricing

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 08:20 PM
djnemo
1st Gear
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2019 JCW pricing

Thought I’d share my shopping experience for a new F60 JCW in California. I’ve reached out to dealers across the state and have had a few offer me $3k discount plus available incentives on available JCWs. Also been offered a $2k discount on custom order. I asked about ordering a 2020 with the 300 hp, and no discounts available on that model. Also heard that Lapixluxury blue is going away next model year.

One frustrating part of the search has been that all JCWs on the lot have the standard sport seats. $48k sticker seems like a lot for a car with manual seats (like the Jeep Wrangler). Any comments from those who have the standard JCW seats would be appreciated.

Old 03-26-2019, 04:52 AM
Blu_lite
2nd Gear
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
I have got the manual JCW seats. I don't adjust the seats at all, unless my wife drives it every now and then. So i look at it in the sense that it save money and reduces weight.

The seats themselves are great.

Old 03-26-2019, 05:36 AM
ND40oz
3rd Gear
Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts
I'm pretty sure the F54s and F60s are the first ones available with power seats. The R60 didn't have that option and I thought it was a bit strange back when I was looking at them. Like @Blu_lite says, unless you're going to be switching drivers adjusting the seats are typically a one time set and forget type thing. Where the power seats come in handy is if you have multiple drivers and it'll put the seats and exterior mirrors in the proper position for each driver based on the key used or profile selected.

Old 03-26-2019, 10:43 AM
18cmjcw
2nd Gear
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
With respect to pricing...

I live in the SF Bay Area. When I wanted to buy my 2018 JCW, someone recommended a car purchasing broker in the LA area who was said to have a lot of relationships with dealers (LA is an automobile hotbed, as I'm sure you already know). I contacted the broker... he runs a purchasing business in the valley. First, I gave him the specs I was looking for. He couldn't locate a car in the Western region that matched the specs, so I decided to order a custom build. The broker worked with one of the Mini dealerships in the LA area, and he negotiated a deal with them. I accepted the deal right away... it was MSRP minus a 7% (~$3500) discount... maybe I could have done better with a bit of haggling, but I decided the deal was good enough on a custom build, and I wanted to move it forward rapidly because I didn't want to lose the dealer's available production allocation. I paid a $500 deposit directly to the dealer, and they put the order in. The broker gets his fee from the dealership for bringing them the business, and all the actual monetary transactions were handled directly with the dealer.

Once I had a production number on the build, everything proceeded as though I had just walked into the dealer and ordered the car. But the good part was a reasonable discount without the haggling. The car was ordered in October 2017, built on November 14th, and delivered to LA mid-December. I flew down to LA and drove the car back to SF... BTW, the broker also told me we could arrange to have the car transported to SF, but I decided the drive would help get me through the break-in period.

I don't have any ties (financial or otherwise) at all to the broker, but if you're interested in more information, PM me and I'll be happy to tell you more or give you his contact info. YMMV, as they say, but for me it was a good experience... everything worked out and I love my car.

-Bob

Old 03-26-2019, 11:12 AM
Beemerchef
3rd Gear
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by djnemo
Thought I’d share my shopping experience for a new F60 JCW in California. I’ve reached out to dealers across the state and have had a few offer me $3k discount plus available incentives on available JCWs. Also been offered a $2k discount on custom order. I asked about ordering a 2020 with the 300 hp, and no discounts available on that model. Also heard that Lapixluxury blue is going away next model year.

One frustrating part of the search has been that all JCWs on the lot have the standard sport seats. $48k sticker seems like a lot for a car with manual seats (like the Jeep Wrangler). Any comments from those who have the standard JCW seats would be appreciated.
So the 2020 is really going to have 300hp? That would be amazing... I cannot imagine!

Edit: I just realize it is the GP and not the regular JCW. No radio and other amenities... correct?

Old 03-26-2019, 11:27 AM
victoryrider
1st Gear
Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the manual seats. I'd rather have power seats. My wife drives it 90% of the time so it's not that big a deal, but when I drive it is a pain. I bought mine certified pre owned from a Mini dealer so I didn't really have a choice.

Old 03-26-2019, 02:59 PM
chrunck
6th Gear
Received 216 Likes on 181 Posts
Originally Posted by Beemerchef
So the 2020 is really going to have 300hp? That would be amazing... I cannot imagine!

Edit: I just realize it is the GP and not the regular JCW. No radio and other amenities... correct?
http://www.motoringfile.com/2018/05/...ryman-clubman/

Old 04-01-2019, 12:14 PM
djnemo
1st Gear
Thank you for all the comments. I just placed a custom order for a JCW Countryman through my preferred local dealer in the San Francisco Bay Area with a 6% discount off MSRP. Another local dealer offered an extra $100 after first stating they don't discount custom orders. I have a few months left on my X3 lease so was in no hurry, but I was tempted to purchase off the lot with the $2250 incentive ending today. There were about 15 JCWs within 500 miles, but I either didn't like the colors or the options mix. Two cars I considered - lapis luxury blue with chili red roof in iconic trim - $48k MSRP on sale for $42k ($3800 dealer discount) but it came with 19 inch rims which I don't want in my pothole filled region. The other - chili red with black roof down in Los Angeles for $46k MSRP- I offered to buy it but the dealer rejected my request for a $3500 dealer discount.

My build:

Signature Trim
Moonwalk grey with chili red roof
Harman Kardon
Power liftgate
Storage Package (for the extra USBs)

I though about the $1800 upgrade to Iconic trim to get leather and power seats, but I tested out the 4-way power lumbar and it hits me too low in the back- guess I have a long torso. The dealer was also unsure whether heated seats come with the Signature trim.

Old 04-16-2019, 11:56 AM
djnemo
1st Gear
Quick update - placed my order on April 1. On April 8th I received the VIN and the status was updated to "Production started" with an estimated build date of April 23rd. I was pleasantly surprised since multiple dealers told me that the factory was shutting down for maintenance in April this year (usually the shutdown is in July). I called Mini USA customer service and asked whether the 4/23 build date was accurate - they were not aware of any shutdown and told me to check back next week.

Regardless, it looks like my Mini could arrive sooner than expected. One dealer told me I may not get my Mini until September and another told me mid-July. The dealer I ordered from gave a June estimate.

Old 04-16-2019, 11:58 AM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
Countryman I believe are built elsewhere.

Old 04-16-2019, 01:04 PM
MrFunk
4th Gear
Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts
Is the 300hp version just tuning to get the power up?

Old 04-16-2019, 01:26 PM
djnemo
1st Gear
Originally Posted by MrFunk
Is the 300hp version just tuning to get the power up?
Same engine in the X2 M35i. Per Car and Driver - M35i "version of the B48 turbocharged 2.0-liter engine bests the one in the X2 28i—and the others used throughout BMW's lineup—thanks to a reinforced crankshaft, larger main bearings, a higher-flow intake, a reduced compression ratio, and a larger turbocharger pushing more boost pressure."

I am guessing the 228 hp engine will no longer be available in Countryman.

Old 04-16-2019, 01:55 PM
MrFunk
4th Gear
Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts
Same engine in the X2 M35i. Per Car and Driver - M35i "version of the B48 turbocharged 2.0-liter engine bests the one in the X2 28i—and the others used throughout BMW's lineup—thanks to a reinforced crankshaft, larger main bearings, a higher-flow intake, a reduced compression ratio, and a larger turbocharger pushing more boost pressure."

I am guessing the 228 hp engine will no longer be available in Countryman.
Ah - thanks for sharing that.

Old 05-07-2019, 12:34 PM
djnemo
1st Gear
FYI for those in Calfornia - Stevens Creek Mini still has the same 5 JCW Countrymans on the lot that they had when I was there on March 20th. Back then they were offering a dealer discount of 8-9% before incentives, so you should be able to get them to over 10% now.

Old 05-09-2019, 07:27 AM
Crossingover
2nd Gear
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
We have the '18 JCW F60 and think the 228HP is just fine . . . but more is better, always! Fuel economy wouldn't be hit that bad I suspect either. Hopefully they'll free-up the intake/exhaust to take full advantage of the bump.