F60 :: Countryman Talk (2016-2023) F60 Countryman discussion

F60 Driver profiles and seating positions

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 09:22 PM
Tyintegra
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driver profiles and seating positions

I feel like I have tried everything. I am trying to make it so the seating position gets adjusted when a different driver profile gets selected. And I have tried googling it and looking in the manual to no avail.

i have tried selecting the last seating position option and the seat never changes until I select the memory seat button on the seat.

can someone please walk me through (as detailed as possible) setting up the seats so they are attached to the driver profiles?

Old 01-13-2020, 06:30 AM
jlevine912
Neutral
I'm having a heck of a time with this in my wife's new car too, so I'm bumping it back up. Can anyone shed light on the driver profile tech? Does it actually work properly for anyone?

Old 01-13-2020, 08:02 AM
Walrus
Neutral
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It works, but not properly thanks to BMW. The driver profile is unrelated to the memory buttons on the side of the seat. For driver profile 1, you can set two seat positions on the memory buttons. When you change to driver profile 2, you can set 2 completely different seat positions.

My wife is the primary driver on our 2019, so I set her as driver profile 1. I set both seat memory buttons to her preferred seating/mirror position. I'm set as driver profile 2. With my profile active, with my fob in the car (not hers), I set both seat memory buttons to my seat/mirror position. On both profiles, I have the 'last seating position' checked/on.

If you don't lock the car, it doesn't change driver profiles without selecting a driver profile on the screen, because the driver profile only changes automatically when you unlock. We park in the garage at home and don't lock the car, so when she's been driving the car and I want to take it for a drive, I grab my fob, lock the car, then unlock it, and the driver profile/seat/mirrors change automatically. If I forget to do this, once I start the car I can select my driver profile and the seat/mirros move. However if I have her fob, and I change the driver profile to me, it now associates her fob to my driver profile (that's the stupid part). When I get home, I go inside, grab her fob, lock and unlock the car to change it back for her drive in the morning. I also then go back out and open the door and close it so it doesn't auto lock again.

Also the 'last seat position' will cause it to move to the last seat position, not a memory position. So if I accidentally left it on my driver profile, and she hops in and drives off without manually changing the driver profile, and then manually moves the seat closer, my driver profile now moves the seat to that new seat position. So, now I find myself locking the car, unlocking it, getting in, starting it, then reaching down and pressing a memory button to make sure the seat is at my position.

If you don't activate the 'last seat position' setting, I don't think the seat will move at all when changing driver profiles.

Old 02-07-2020, 11:59 AM
A2MiniCountryman
Neutral
I'm so grateful for the reply from Walrus! This issue with the seats and mirrors has been driving my wife and I nuts!