North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   F60 :: Countryman Talk (2016-2023) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/f60-countryman-talk-2016-2023-444/)
-   -   F60 More PHEV F60’s should be pulling to the right if you let go steering wheel (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/f60-countryman-talk-2016-2023/332853-more-phev-f60is-should-be-pulling-to-the-right-if-you-let-go-steering-wheel.html)

Miniminic 10-26-2018 11:48 PM

More PHEV F60’s should be pulling to the right if you let go steering wheel

Sorry to bring this up again but before everybody said there F60 SE is driving straight is harder to believe for me. I went ahaid and ringed the door of another SE owner in my town and showed him my video of my car pulling to the right. He said no mine drives dead straight. Hmm i went back to dealer but they say it is normal. Normal my ass. I think no everybody notices it due to driving style. With 2 hands driving it is not noticeable. I drive with one hand most of the time and sometimes i even let go for a second or so. That’s when you notice it pulls madly and directly to the right. I know the roads have a slope but other mini’s or bmw’s keep driving straight. You can also micro correct them by turning wheel just a bit to the left. Then it will change lane to the left one. With the SE phev it is impossible. It will always go right.

Last week i asked that owner if i could drive his one ti record how it possible that it could drive straight so i have proof for my dealer. But that did not go as planned. Maybe not pulling just as hard as my CM it has exactly the same steering feel and goes to right lane. Owner was shocked. He said i really didn’t notice it my self. After that experience i am sure that if bith cars drive the same and have exactly same characteristics it must me in all phev’s. And if so something is really not right if you ask me.

If others could check en show a video of how theirs drive without dangerous driving and danger to self at own risk of course i would really appreciate it so i can give feedback to mini in Germany to pick this up.

See videos of mine and of his car. His car has a higher mileage then mine.

My car:

his car:

carimer 10-29-2018 07:17 AM

I have a 2018 model, and have noticed this -- a distinct but subtle continual pull to the right. Anyone else?

Miniminic 10-29-2018 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by carimer (Post 4429102)
I have a 2018 model, and have noticed this -- a distinct but subtle continual pull to the right. Anyone else?

what happens if you let the steering go? Does your cm change lane within about 4 seconds to the right?

rbort 10-29-2018 09:50 PM

I drove it today, not on the highway but on country roads at 40mph. I didn't really see any immediate pull to the right. You have to wait a while and eventually it might go right maybe from the slope of the road not sure. I was on the highway earlier but forgot to check there, sorry about that.

The wife takes it tomorrow. I'll ask her to try for you.

-=>Raja.

carimer 10-30-2018 09:38 AM

@Miniminic, I drove mine last night on two-late city road at 35mph and it pulled a full lane to the right in about 4 seconds, much as you report. This was a fairly flat road, so the road-curve wouldn't be much of a factor. I then tried it again today on the freeway in the far left/fast lane so very-flat. At 65mph, it once again shifted lanes to the right one full lane in about 4 seconds.

Definitely seeing a trend here. We should be asking whether there is an influence from the engine-driven trans driving the front wheels, vs. electric-only mode when it's just the rear wheels delivering power. And do note that mine is a 2018, not 2019. Thanks.

rbort 10-30-2018 10:07 AM

I have the 2019. I asked the wife to try it today while she was on the highway but she refused. Said there are too many cars on the road for her. I would have tried I know my surroundings and maybe use the trial to change lanes but she didn't want to deal with it. Maybe on the way home less traffic she might try it but like I said I don't see it being that bad as stated with mine.

-=>Raja.

Miniminic 10-30-2018 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by carimer (Post 4429419)
@Miniminic, I drove mine last night on two-late city road at 35mph and it pulled a full lane to the right in about 4 seconds, much as you report. This was a fairly flat road, so the road-curve wouldn't be much of a factor. I then tried it again today on the freeway in the far left/fast lane so very-flat. At 65mph, it once again shifted lanes to the right one full lane in about 4 seconds.

Definitely seeing a trend here. We should be asking whether there is an influence from the engine-driven trans driving the front wheels, vs. electric-only mode when it's just the rear wheels delivering power. And do note that mine is a 2018, not 2019. Thanks.

i already ruled that out. I tried full electric front only and mixed. It seems to be constant in every mode with the pulling. It annoys me so much i am thinking of selling it. They already tried a lot. Nothing made a difference. Mini wont acknowledge it. Saying it is normal behavior. Normal my ass

carimer 11-18-2018 09:02 AM

Hello again,

So -- I had to get my SE into MNI for some unrelated maintenance, and I asked them to look at the alignment. I mentioned this thread, and the dealer's SE tech (not the rep, but the actual tech) said "no way" -- and they DID fix it with an alignment. But, here's what happened:
-they did a 4-wheel alignment, and yes, even with only ~6000 miles on the car, it was off, by quite a bit actually (maybe hit a curb?)
-the tech drove it and it still pulled -- he wasn't happy
-the tech did a 2nd alignment
-he drove it again -- still pulled just a bit
-he swapped the two front tires, and drove again -- this time it pulled just a bit *the opposite direction*
Problem solved: the car actually drives quite nicely now, after about 100mi/120km it's tracking dead-on straight.

Have your dealer consider the simple front-tire swap. Normally it's front-to-back, but in this case, it's clear to me that there was enough unusual wear on the tires to have a slight impact on the stability of the track forward.

It's perfect for me at this point, in all 3 modes (all-electric, mixed, and engine-only). I hope you can get the same -- I am *loving* this car, especially now.

Good luck with yours!

Mini03Tiger84 12-08-2018 06:00 PM

I too have noticed the pull to the right. Bring inconsistent I assumed it might be the road. I haven't had the opportunity to isolate when it occurs. I will have try now.
Too many of us having the issue to the right does not make any sense about rotating tires for all of us.

jasonpayne65 03-22-2019 07:16 PM

3 Attachment(s)
OMG,
Finally----I thought I was the only one! I have been fighting Mini of Nashville over this same issue for 14 months and they along with Mini USA, Sonic Automotive, BMW of Nashville, BMW North America, have no intentions of making this right. They have kept my car for a total of about 60 days all together, one time for over a month straight and they will admit that they do not know/cannot fix the issue and they don't care! I have had to get an attorney and they all continue to point the finger at one another. Being brand new to NAMotoring, I have a video just like the two you have posted if not worse, lame excuses that they have sent in response to my Better Business Bureau Complaints, and it even states on their last invoice that it still pulls/drifts to the right; they have compared my car to other Phev vehicles and it operates in concordance with the others. Let me try and upload some of their lame excuses and my video of my car pulling to the right. They have ****ed-up and want us to pay for their mistakes.
I am aware that there is a section in your lease agreement (if you leased) that states that a mediator must be secured and disputes over the car are to be settled in that fashion.
**Please, if anyone has had any success with fighting and winning to make this issue right, I would much appreciate any ideas--I fear that I will never be able to trade/sell this car as it is now.

Nuno Oliverson 10-25-2019 02:01 AM

same problem with me

Hi there I live in southern spain I just boght last December a countryman all4 and its doing exacly the same thing BMW keep telling me that is a deslevel on the roads how ever after chaging my front break pads after 16.000 miles I notice that it is spending brakes way to fast and the right weel have a big difrence on spending pads. BMW also told me that its totally normal the spending goes according to each driver stile. I made a new appointment for afull right well inspection from sterring to well triangle axle break system I do notice that there is an anomaly on the car and they refuse to fix it

apenough 10-28-2019 05:39 PM

I have the same issue too. I spent on alignment and winter/summer tires swap to get to the bottom of it.

My conclusion is, if you drive with FWD (gas driving) it will heavily pull to the right. But once you put RWD (electric driving), it won't pull that hard.
At least my 2018 CM PHEV is like that. Hope that helps.