F60 :: Countryman Talk (2016-2023) F60 Countryman discussion

F60 Blackline Door handles. Help/guidance needed

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2018, 04:47 AM
MinisINCornwall
1st Gear
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Blackline Door handles. Help/guidance needed

I've just received a set of the blackline door handles to install on my F60. (same ones for the f55 and f56).

So I thought I would have a go installing them myself - can't be that hard.

I found these instruction - www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f60-cooper-all4-sav/repair-manuals/51-body-equipment/51-22-door-locks-handles-fittings-rear/1VnZ6DuFnJ

Very useful website - used it to install blackline light surrounds and grille.

I thought I would start on a rear door handle - less cables as no comfort access button.

Undid the locking bolt on the inside of the door - stupid mistake. Undid the bolt too much and it dropped inside the door. not too much of an issue, I'm sure I can get a similar bolt with the same thread from a local store.

Removed the door handle as per the website instructions, but know I can't work out how to connect the opening mechanism inside the door to the lever on the door handle.

I can't find any videos or case studies where some has done this on an F60 or F54/55/56/57.

Has anyone done this and got any advice. I don't really want to have to go to a dealer.

UPDATE: Cracked it. Looped a piece of wire around the latch inside the door, pulled it forward and slipped the new handle into place. I'll post some pictures of the process for the next handle!

Last edited by MinisINCornwall; 10-24-2018 at 06:08 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by MinisINCornwall:
ECSTuning (11-06-2018), GnFnRnBacon (10-24-2018)
Old 10-30-2018, 01:49 PM
NBCGLX
4th Gear
Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts
Any chance you have the pics you mentioned? Been thinking about picking up the black door handles for my F57.

Old 11-01-2018, 07:02 AM
MinisINCornwall
1st Gear

Passenger door showing comfort access button.

Front and rear doors

Couple of pictures of my very dirty Countryman with all the Blackline bits installed.

Old 11-12-2018, 08:22 AM
GnFnRnBacon
2nd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by MinisINCornwall
Undid the locking bolt on the inside of the door - stupid mistake. Undid the bolt too much and it dropped inside the door. not too much of an issue, I'm sure I can get a similar bolt with the same thread from a local store.
Is this bolt threaded into the door panel as well, so it will stay in place (assuming you don't back it too far out as you did) when you remove the handle? I was going to do mine last night, but I didn't have access to my magnetic drivers, and since that bolt is a half-inch inside of the door I didn't want to muck around with it and end up losing it in there if it can't stay threaded into the door.

Originally Posted by MinisINCornwall
Looped a piece of wire around the latch inside the door, pulled it forward and slipped the new handle into place. I'll post some pictures of the process for the next handle!
Pics of the process would be awesome.

Old 11-12-2018, 09:44 AM
MinisINCornwall
1st Gear
Originally Posted by GnFnRnBacon
Is this bolt threaded into the door panel as well, so it will stay in place (assuming you don't back it too far out as you did) when you remove the handle? I was going to do mine last night, but I didn't have access to my magnetic drivers, and since that bolt is a half-inch inside of the door I didn't want to muck around with it and end up losing it in there if it can't stay threaded into the door.

Pics of the process would be awesome.
Yes the screw is held in the door frame as long as you don’t unscrew it too far. Also use a piece of string or similar not wire to pull the latch as it will be easier to remove (let go if one end and pull the other end). Once you’ve done the first one the others are easy.

The following users liked this post:
GnFnRnBacon (11-12-2018)