F60 :: Countryman Talk (2016-2023) F60 Countryman discussion

F60 Mini Connected App - inaccurate and kind of useless?

Old 08-18-2018, 02:13 PM
mountainsean
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Mini Connected App - inaccurate and kind of useless?

Has anyone found the Mini Connected app useful? When I fire it up, the Average Speed and Average Consumption stats are completely wrong, though the fuel level and mileage #'s seem accurate. "Last Location" seems to work reasonable well, so I guess there's that. And if I manage to plan ahead and search for my destination in the app, it does seem to pass that along to the car automatically, which is nice. But is that really it or am I missing something? I was really hoping I could use the app to check charge status (I have an SE) and alert me when fully charged, pre-condition (warm or cool) the cabin before departure, set a departure time to pre-condition, and get other basic data about the vehicle (tire pressure, service alerts, etc.).

-Sean

Old 08-18-2018, 03:24 PM
18cmjcw
2nd Gear
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
I totally agree... its inaccuracies more or less make it useless. The few things that work are not worth the effort of running the app, and I've stopped using it.
-Bob

Old 08-18-2018, 05:20 PM
BMacUC
2nd Gear
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by mountainsean
Has anyone found the Mini Connected app useful? When I fire it up, the Average Speed and Average Consumption stats are completely wrong, though the fuel level and mileage #'s seem accurate. "Last Location" seems to work reasonable well, so I guess there's that. And if I manage to plan ahead and search for my destination in the app, it does seem to pass that along to the car automatically, which is nice. But is that really it or am I missing something? I was really hoping I could use the app to check charge status (I have an SE) and alert me when fully charged, pre-condition (warm or cool) the cabin before departure, set a departure time to pre-condition, and get other basic data about the vehicle (tire pressure, service alerts, etc.).

-Sean
When was your SE produced? If March 2018 or later, you can lock/unlock doors and activate climate control. Otherwise, I agree with you, functionality is pretty limited, as my SE was produced Nov 2017.

The following users liked this post:
mountainsean (08-18-2018)
Old 08-18-2018, 05:27 PM
mountainsean
1st Gear
Mine was made in mid-April 2018. How do you lock/unlock and activate climate control? I don't see that option in the app. That would be awesome!

Old 08-18-2018, 06:52 PM
NBCGLX
4th Gear
Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts
Other than the car being different, does your MINI Connected app look like this? If not, then one of two things is true. One, your dealer didn't enroll your car in the new MINI Connected program at delivery (same happened for me because it was the first 2019 model they delivered; they just weren't aware). Or two, your car doesn't have the new Connected features (i.e., a built-in SIM card with LTE connectivity).

Old 08-18-2018, 06:56 PM
mountainsean
1st Gear
I got it to work!! It took some fussing around - I had to create a new Mini Connected account with a new email address since the one I had wasn't giving me the right options, but once I did and once I re-added the car and confirmed it with the special PIN code, it was "discovered" and now I have all the options I was hoping for above: lock/unlock, start/schedule climate, see service levels, etc., AND the charge level and time-to-full charge shows and is accurate!! Hooray!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Old 08-18-2018, 07:01 PM
mountainsean
1st Gear
One weird thing - after signing up for the new Mini Connected account, I also got an email saying "Your BMW has been added to your user account in BMW ConnectedDrive" and that I should download the BMW ConnectedDrive app. Is that basically the same thing or does the BMW app do something else?

Old 08-18-2018, 07:03 PM
NBCGLX
4th Gear
Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts
Same thing happened to me. Weird. My dealer was actually able to update my account with my existing email address, but I still received that same message.

Old 08-18-2018, 07:37 PM
BossHoss
1st Gear
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
For those without the option (& interested,) here are a pics of
several of the
screens I get on my 2019 Mini S E Countryman
with the Mini Connected App on an Android Phone.

Last edited by BossHoss; 08-18-2018 at 07:55 PM.
Old 08-19-2018, 04:19 AM
BMacUC
2nd Gear
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by BossHoss
For those without the option (& interested,) here are a pics of
several of the
screens I get on my 2019 Mini S E Countryman
with the Mini Connected App on an Android Phone.

Man, I am so jealous, that is so cool! Since my SE is an early 2018, I don’t have the full app functionality. I really wish there was some way to add or enable this functionality.

Old 08-19-2018, 11:04 PM
rbort
2nd Gear
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
What's this about 13 mile range on a full charged battery?? Should be at least 20...?!

-=>Raja.

Old 08-20-2018, 05:20 AM
BossHoss
1st Gear
Question

Originally Posted by rbort
What's this about 13 mile range on a full charged battery?? Should be at least 20...?!

-=>Raja.

Hmmm...thanks Raja!

Mine has about always read "13 mi" (twice I have seen "14 mi") with 100% E-Range...

I wonder if the computer figures it based on one's previous driving experience / car conditions.

Since I got home from picking up my new Countryman SE, I have not used a single drop of gas (so I have never exceeded the Electric Range,) as I so far I have only done short in the city trips always with "Max E-Drive" with heavy air conditioning (for my dogs),

I would love to hear from other SE Owners what their Hybrid registers in available E-Range miles when the battery reads 100%.

Last edited by BossHoss; 08-20-2018 at 05:28 AM.
Old 08-20-2018, 06:57 AM
rbort
2nd Gear
When my wife drives it she gets at least 20, if I drive it I can get around 24 depending on the situation. Its based on how you're driving the car. We're about to go on a trip with it so we'll see how it works out. I plan to use the battery piecemeal here and there on the long trip and want to figure out the best way to do this.

Incidentally Boss, if you turn on the vent without pushing auto and without the AC light on, do you think it still blows colder air than outside (AC is on) or does it not. Sometimes it seems to me like the AC is on with mine even though its not selected and Auto is not on. Anyway Auto automatically selects the AC when you push that.

-=>Raja.

BossHoss (08-20-2018)
Old 08-20-2018, 06:59 AM
BossHoss
1st Gear
When my wife drives it she gets at least 20...

-=>Raja.
Gets 20, and it READS 20?

Old 08-20-2018, 07:01 AM
rbort
2nd Gear
Yes when charged it says 20.

-=>Raja.

BossHoss (08-20-2018)
Old 08-20-2018, 07:03 AM
BossHoss
1st Gear
Hmmm....

Sounds like I might need to visit Mini Service for a diagnostic.

THANKS Raja.

Old 08-20-2018, 07:04 AM
rbort
2nd Gear
No you may just need to drive it differently. You might be driving too fast or too harsh. Too much acceleration and too much wasted brake pads make a difference.

-=>Raja.

BossHoss (08-20-2018)
Old 08-20-2018, 07:08 AM
mountainsean
1st Gear
Yeah mine fluctuates. Sometimes it reads 13mi at 100%, other times 17-18mi. I’ve only had it a few days though so still breaking it in.

BossHoss (08-20-2018)
Old 08-20-2018, 07:37 AM
BossHoss
1st Gear
Red face

No you may just need to drive it differently. You might be driving too fast or too harsh. Too much acceleration and too much wasted brake pads make a difference.

-=>Raja.
That would be the problem....

Old 08-23-2018, 09:16 AM
Notyorz
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, so I have a June 2018 build date on my F60 JCW and built it with every possible option and I still don't get the full functionality of the app. Contacted the "Mini Genius" and he's working on it. Apparently the sales person didn't set up my SOS button and that may what's holding it back.

I've already tried deleting the app and re-registering (3x with 3 different email accounts) and un-pairing and re-pairing my iPhone. I still get the standard no frills app. The only reasons I want the full version are: 1. To turn on the ventilation feature on a hot day where I'm lucky enough to leave work early and 2. Option for locking/unlocking the doors - this would be helpful from time to time when I'm outside at the house without my keys and don't want to go back in and climb stairs to the 2nd level just to grab something from the car.

So, does anyone else have a newer built model that technically should obtain all the features of the app and doesn't? How did you fix it? Were you ever able to fix it? Am I missing something to make this easier? It's driving me nuts...

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 08-24-2018, 07:50 PM
BossHoss
1st Gear
More "of interest" for anyone wanting to get to know the Mini Countryman S E Hybrid (PHEV)

Here are the Mini Connected App Tutorial screenshots (on Andriod)....

Old 08-25-2018, 06:12 AM
rbort
2nd Gear
Boss Hoss, while this information is quite interesting, is it for this car or for another car? I don't see half the things they talk about in the Mini, or am I missing them somewhere? Perhaps this is for some other BMW car?

-=>Raja.

Old 08-25-2018, 06:30 AM
BossHoss
1st Gear
Smile

Boss Hoss, while this information is quite interesting, is it for this car or for another car? I don't see half the things they talk about in the Mini, or am I missing them somewhere? Perhaps this is for some other BMW car?

-=>Raja.
Raja, I saw it for the first time yesterday on my Mini Connected App.... It titled eDRIVE and located on the "Home Page"... a new button between REMOTE and INFO. Perhaps an update to the App? I am using Version "MINI Connected 5.1.0.4535" (found under "Setting" --> "About")

Last edited by BossHoss; 08-25-2018 at 06:49 AM.
Old 08-25-2018, 06:35 AM
rbort
2nd Gear
Do you have an android or Iphone?

I had this all the time on my iphone, but my wife didn't have it on her android. Maybe they finally added it to the android?

They talk about a blue bar and such, I don't think that stuff exists in the Mini...

-=>Raja.

Old 08-25-2018, 06:45 AM
rbort
2nd Gear
My wife just looked the E-drive showed up on her Android. I had it on my iphone. So the information tutorials talk about Eco Pro, we don't have Eco pro do we?

On one pedal control, the Mini doesn't really have this. You can be in mid mode and slow down some, but not so hard my Cmax slows down harder and some BMW's like the I3 slow down alot more.

I don't think there is a hold state of charge mode. There is save battery which is recharge the battery, or you can sort of hold the battery if you drive fast enough in auto mode, say 63mph or better.

Power meter, where is that?

See what I mean? I think the app is originally for a different car model.

-=>Raja.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: F60 Mini Connected App - inaccurate and kind of useless?