Go Back  North American Motoring > MINI Countryman (2010 +) > F60 :: Countryman Talk (2016+)
Is your Hybrid Pulling to the right if you let the steering go? >

Is your Hybrid Pulling to the right if you let the steering go?

F60 :: Countryman Talk (2016+) F60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.

Old 07-08-2018, 07:35 AM
Miniminic
3rd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Guys,

I need to now this. i've had a very annoying issue with my car which was pulling to the right. It has gone to the dealer 6 times and i think they have adjusted it arount 20 times. it has gotten better but my car still pulls tot the right on 85% of the roads the second i let my steering go.

The head repair guy has done a lot of research and called BMW also.
They say it is a Hybrid thing and they all pull a bit. Ny F56 3 doors road like a tank.

My question is, if you hybrid owners let your steering go, what does it do? I want to know if it really is an hybrid issue.

Thanx!

Old 07-08-2018, 08:34 AM
rbort
2nd Gear
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
I didn't notice it at all yesterday

But I'm going out shortly the car is full charged I'll test that for you several times on different angles the road and see what it does.

-=>Raja.

The following users liked this post:
Miniminic (07-08-2018)
Old 07-08-2018, 08:50 AM
downshift1
4th Gear
Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
The crown of the road will always cause a car to drift right slightly (Here in the US).

Find a flat (or as close to it) parking lot and let the car idle in gear, hold the steering wheel straight and see how far it wanders.

If you find it does actually wander then I would take it to a reputable alignment shop and have them check it.

Old 07-08-2018, 10:22 AM
rbort
2nd Gear
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Just came back

No drifting anywhere even if the road isn't 100% level. It seems to hold its direction for a reasonable amount of time I can't say it drifts at all so something is wrong with your car you need to check.

Hybrid or not doesn't mean anything. They are just pulling some wool over your eyes.

-=>Raja.

Old 07-09-2018, 12:19 PM
rafapantaleon
Neutral
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine isn't a Hybrid, and yes it pulls to the right.

Old 03-22-2019, 07:24 PM
jasonpayne65
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, I have posted video, responses from Mini, and such that should show up soon.

Old 03-24-2019, 01:17 AM
Miniminic
3rd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i know for shure, they all drift. Only if your roads are dead straight, which is almost never because of the water which has to go to the right, it will go straight. It is not the alignment. I noticed, very rarely, i get a straight road, and then it holds is position. But is not about alignment. It is something else. It is a characteristics which is totally different from normal mini's. What i mean by that is the following.
In my old mini cooper, on a highway, when i did a minor correction on my steering to the left, and let go of the steering, it would wander of to the left. On the same roads as now with the slope to the right. And if i did that to the right, it would wander to the right. The Hybrid, will never wander to the left with the slope to the right.
The steering characteristics is totally different. I know this for shure after hearing from 2 different dealers who tried another hybrid, they say they do the same, but i believed it the minute i drove one from an owner in my town. I rang his door and asked him about is car. Showed him my video. he said no definetly not. My car does not do that.
I went back to complain to mini. But after a couple weeks, i asked the owner if we could drive it together so i can film his, which should drive straight, so i have evidence to make my case stronger. What do you think? it has THE EXACT SAME CHARACTERISTICS. So sorry Raja and others, but i don't believe anymore that yours drive straight. Yours will have the same wandering off. But most of you don't notice it, which is fine. When you mostly drive with 2 hands on steering, you won't feel it. When you drive with one like me you notice it strongly. And if you say no, i would like to see a video of it to see it.
Here is my video with the car of the owner in my town which said, it drives straight!