F60 :: Countryman Talk (2016-2023) F60 Countryman discussion

F60 Just got a new 2019 Countryman SE

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 01:54 PM
rbort
2nd Gear
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Just got a new 2019 Countryman SE

I bought my first plug in hybrid car back in 2013, and ever since then I can't buy any other car that isn't a plug in hybrid. I hate to have the engine running all the time, it bugs me now its SOOOOO nice to be able to run on electric power during traffic or short trips around town. Given that, we had to wait some time for the new mini countryman to come out with a hybrid version, my wife really liked that model and I agree it looks cool, so we waited and used her old BMW 325XI for another year plus and bought the 2nd year version of the countryman (2019 vs 2018) in case of necessary bug fixes early on.

So far I've driven it mostly in EV mode, and have managed 22 miles on one charge. They claim 12 which seems really low, but I realize now Mini does not let you use the entire battery pack, well not the entire pack but most of what you could use really. Its a 7.6kwh pack, in my other car, the Ford Cmax, the car let's you use 5.6kwh per charge reserving the last two kwh for hybrid mode and not to kill the battery pack entirely. In the Mini world I'm still trying to figure this out, but I'm calculating that Mini perhaps only lets you use about 4.7 kwh out of the 7.6 total. Anyone figure this out as of yet?

I'm attaching pictures of ours for your viewing pleasure! My wife wanted "two tone" blue with white or blue with black, we found this combo at the dealer. Didn't have the silver wheels came with black, but we like contrast in the coloring and thought the silver would look better the dealer was gracious enough to switch them out for us. The model is an iconic trim with pretty much all of the options except for self parking, pacing cruise control, and storage options (net, 12v socket, pillow, things like that).

Best regards to all Mini drivers,

-=>Raja.

Attached Thumbnails Just got a new 2019 Countryman SE-img_6102-1-.jpg   Just got a new 2019 Countryman SE-img_6103-1-.jpg   Just got a new 2019 Countryman SE-img_6104-1-.jpg  
Old 07-04-2018, 02:52 PM
BossHoss
1st Gear
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
It a beauty Raja.

And please as you find them, share your EV tricks and hacks for those of us still new to PHEV.

Old 07-04-2018, 05:31 PM
BMacUC
2nd Gear
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by rbort
I bought my first plug in hybrid car back in 2013, and ever since then I can't buy any other car that isn't a plug in hybrid. I hate to have the engine running all the time, it bugs me now its SOOOOO nice to be able to run on electric power during traffic or short trips around town. Given that, we had to wait some time for the new mini countryman to come out with a hybrid version, my wife really liked that model and I agree it looks cool, so we waited and used her old BMW 325XI for another year plus and bought the 2nd year version of the countryman (2019 vs 2018) in case of necessary bug fixes early on.

So far I've driven it mostly in EV mode, and have managed 22 miles on one charge. They claim 12 which seems really low, but I realize now Mini does not let you use the entire battery pack, well not the entire pack but most of what you could use really. Its a 7.6kwh pack, in my other car, the Ford Cmax, the car let's you use 5.6kwh per charge reserving the last two kwh for hybrid mode and not to kill the battery pack entirely. In the Mini world I'm still trying to figure this out, but I'm calculating that Mini perhaps only lets you use about 4.7 kwh out of the 7.6 total. Anyone figure this out as of yet?

I'm attaching pictures of ours for your viewing pleasure! My wife wanted "two tone" blue with white or blue with black, we found this combo at the dealer. Didn't have the silver wheels came with black, but we like contrast in the coloring and thought the silver would look better the dealer was gracious enough to switch them out for us. The model is an iconic trim with pretty much all of the options except for self parking, pacing cruise control, and storage options (net, 12v socket, pillow, things like that).

Best regards to all Mini drivers,

-=>Raja.
Beautiful CM! I love that color scheme, it reminds me of my 08 R56 S, which I missed every day after I got rid of it, until I recently got my CM of course.

How did you manage 22 miles?! The best I have gotten is 14-16 miles. Did you have AC off?

Old 07-04-2018, 10:36 PM
rbort
2nd Gear
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
AC On these days you need it. May have gone a little more without it. For 22 miles you gotta drive it real easily, look ahead and try to maximize your brake regeneration.

It means don't follow too close, brake early and milk it all the way to the stop sign. Watch the regen meter do not brake too hard where you peg the needle to the bottom it means you're wasting energy making heat with the brake pads. You want to charge the battery, not use the brakes.

When you see a red light take your foot off the gas and coast or feather the gas to slow down slowly towards the light. The goal is to get there with some speed saved where the light turns green and you can keep going instead of having to come to a full stop. So instead of racing to the light or maintaining your speed and having to stop, slow down and linger until the light is about to change (you see it coming) then you can start to accelerate again.

Alot of things like that. Never try to accelerate uphill, maintain your speed or better still lose a little climbing. You'll get a sense of how much to press the accelerator after which point you'll know you're wasting energy.

In order to get distances like this you're not racing the car to your destination, rather driving it as efficiently as possible. Its a different game, you go from bragging rights of how fast you can get from point a to point b to bragging rights of how efficient you got there and how little gas you burned on a long trip somewhere.

Good luck, any questions let me know.

-=>Raja.

Old 07-05-2018, 03:19 AM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Received 625 Likes on 554 Posts
Welcome to NAM, great looking MINI.

Old 07-17-2018, 12:13 PM
cacker1969
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got my NEW Countryman SE in May. Love how it drives and feels so much smoother than my previous 2012 Countryman, but, I'm having some issues with features disappearing! I was using the voice command button (just like on my 2012) to control switching stations on the radio etc, and it worked fine for 2 weeks. Now its totally gone! The dealership is telling me it didnt come with this feature...yet it was there for 2 weeks?!

Anyone else have this issue??