F60 :: Countryman Talk (2016-2023) F60 Countryman discussion

F60 '19 Mini SE Countryman PHEV

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 04:12 PM
BossHoss
1st Gear
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Smile '19 Mini SE Countryman PHEV

After lots of discussions, dozens of vids watched and reading all the reviews I could find, I decided this one was right for my needs--my daily commute is about 4 miles round trip.

Light White with a Carbon-Black Leatherette (love the way it looks and feels, super-supportive, and very comfortable! If you haven't seen it in person you are in for a nice surprise next time you visit your Mini Dealer.)

Plus
  • Convenience Package (meh!)
  • Driver Assistance Package (was a requirement for me!)
  • Iconic Trim (nothing not to like if you don't mind the cost)
  • Navigation Package (I am a Waze Convert for Nav but I have never seen a Counrtyman with Driver Assist AND without Nav.)
  • Plus a couple of Hood Stripes and some Mudflaps.
5-hour drive home from St. Louis last night was great.

Last edited by BossHoss; 07-27-2018 at 04:54 AM.
The following users liked this post:
pancakex (11-11-2018)
Old 07-03-2018, 07:03 PM
BMacUC
2nd Gear
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by BossHoss
After lots of discussions, dozens of vids watched and reading all the reviews I could find, I decided this one was right for my needs--my daily commute is about 4 miles round trip.

Light White with a Carbon-Black Leatherette (love the way it looks and feels, super-supportive, and very comfortable! If you haven't seen it in person you are in for a nice surprise next time you visit your Mini Dealer.)

Plus
  • Convenience Package (meh!)
  • Driver Assistance Package (was a requirement for me!)
  • Iconic Trim (nothing not to like if you don't mind the cost)
  • Navigation Package (I am a Waze Convert for Nav but I have never seen a Counrtyman with Driver Assist AND without Nav.)
  • Plus a couple of Hood Stripes and some Mudflaps.
5-hour drive home from St. Louis last night was great.

Head-up Display now includes the POSTED Speed Limit.

The SOS is like GM's ONStar...open the cover, then push the revealed button to call help.

This had a small storage space instead of the Wireless Phone Charging Pad.

Beautiful car! I have the same interior material and love it! I am jealous of your adaptive cruise though, I have literally every option available except for ACC in my 2018.

BossHoss (07-03-2018)
Old 07-04-2018, 11:00 AM
rbort
2nd Gear
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Looks very nice, congrats!! What was the sticker price on that configuration and how much did you end up paying for it if I may ask?

Also, what mud flaps did you get for it? Are they from the dealer or from Amazon or such?

Thanks,

-=>Raja.

Old 07-04-2018, 12:23 PM
BossHoss
1st Gear
Originally Posted by rbort
Looks very nice, congrats!! What was the sticker price on that configuration and how much did you end up paying for it if I may ask?

Also, what mud flaps did you get for it? Are they from the dealer or from Amazon or such?

Thanks,

-=>Raja.
Thanks Raja--

Specific numbers are tough because I had a Trade In. Here is what I can tell you.

I made them an offer--my 13,000-mile 2018 JCW Countryman plus cash, for their new / loaded 2019 SE-Hybrid. They came back $1,000 higher, but at the same time identified $900 in Loyalty Incentives that I was unaware of. Plus I will take advantage of the $4,000 "Electric" Tax Credit.

It did of course cost me money to make the switch...the way I see (justify) it
  • (Personal) - I am ok to pay to be Greener
  • (Financial) - I was the 2nd owner (Mini Executive Car) on the '18 made it a bit less desirable for resale.
  • (Personal) - My '18 was Black...always looked dirty I don't wash my car very often.) White doesn't look nearly as bad when dirty.
  • (Financial) - My '18 had 13,000 miles less tread left on the tires
  • (Financial) - My '18 had 16 months less time left on the warranty
  • (Financial) - My '18 was a model year older
  • (Financial) - Short daily commute means I won't often need to buy Chicago's $4.50/gal Premium Gas
  • (Personal) - Besides being a Hybrid, the '19 has a little better list of Optional/Packages
  • (Perk & Financial) - Mini Connected, Mini SOS Service, 1 year of Free Sirius
  • (Personal) - Posted Speed Limit is displayed on the Head-Up Display
All in all, I think the decision to get the '19 SE was the better place for me.

(And the Mudd Flaps were Factory Installed)

Last edited by BossHoss; 07-04-2018 at 02:09 PM.
Old 07-04-2018, 01:33 PM
rbort
2nd Gear
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Talking Well we just got ours also!

This one is mainly going to be my wife's car. I've been driving a Cmax plug in hybrid for 5 years now and have practically perfected the performance of the car to net 78mpg with that. On gas only I'm in the high 40's up to 60mpg depending on the driving (highway vs city).

On the mini its still to be discovered what the performance will be, we only have 111 miles on it now, but I can tell you that as far as EV range is concerned, I've been able to get 22 miles on a charge, they claim 12. As a comparison, in the Cmax they claimed 20 miles, I was able to get 37 max one day last summer. Generally speaking I can get 32 miles no problem.

I wish the Mini had one more EV mode, a hold the charge level mode. Right now its use it up, or save it at 90% from what I can tell. Also it would have been nice to have some better screens to show the EV power flow as well as the ICE stuff. The car certainly has those nice looks though for sure!

I still need to get mud flaps for it, as well as floor mats. I'm thinking to get the weather tech stuff for it.

I've attached pictures of ours for your viewing pleasure!

Best regards,

-=>Raja.

Attached Thumbnails '19 Mini SE Countryman PHEV-img_6102-1-.jpg   '19 Mini SE Countryman PHEV-img_6103-1-.jpg   '19 Mini SE Countryman PHEV-img_6104-1-.jpg  
BossHoss (07-04-2018)
Old 07-07-2018, 11:42 PM
discretesound
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Passing speed

How does it compare to the JCW in terms of overtaking speed?

Old 07-08-2018, 05:59 AM
BMacUC
2nd Gear
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by discretesound
How does it compare to the JCW in terms of overtaking speed?
I have not driven the JCW so I can’t answer your question but I can offer this, on the highway if you hit the throttle hard on the SE the electric motor kicks in and gives you a really nice e boost, I was pleasantly surprised with the overtaking speed from such a heavy car with a small engine!

BossHoss (07-25-2018)
Old 07-08-2018, 09:04 AM
BossHoss
1st Gear
I have been traveling since the day after I got it home...so I don't have much in the saddle time to have a good impression on overtaking or off the line (stop light) performance as compared to my JCW.

From my original 300-mile ride home, it did feel very stable at 90 and seemed to still have lots of pick-up left. I do miss the Paddle Shifters on the Steering Wheel, but I am sure will quickly get used to tipping the Gear Shift stalk.

Old 07-21-2018, 09:57 AM
BossHoss
1st Gear
Lightbulb 240V Level 2 Service in my garage

(Cable Docking Station ($20) that I got from Amazon is easy and works great.

The total setup may be a bit expensive perhaps, but very nice to have.

So far since my initial 300-mile drive home from picking up the E Countryman in St. Louis, I've not had to add a single drop of gas--in fact I still have the same half a tank left from day one. (Keep in mind I might be the Poster Child for Mini E Countryman's electric benefits as I live in the city and have a short round-trip daily commute.)

After each drive, my Mini Connected App shows "99% Electric Distance Driven," and "0.0 mpg Consumption."

Last edited by BossHoss; 08-01-2018 at 06:53 AM.
Old 07-25-2018, 01:12 AM
TravelerMY
Neutral
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very nice ride you have there. I do feel a bit envious, having picked up my SE 2 weeks ago. Over here (in Malaysia) we have minimal options available (basically LED driving lights, and a few colors). No HUD, no sunroof, only the 6.5" screen, no CarPlay, no adaptive cruise control. LED headlights/fogs are standard. The JCW here has a few extra items but with our exorbitant car taxes and the tax incentives for hybrid cars, the SE is US$20k cheaper than the JCW, so that was the clincher for me.

Moving to the F60 from my E90 325i/Land Rover Freelander 2, so it's kind of in between my 2 older rides, in terms of function. The SE is quicker off the line than my 325i but with a lower top speed.

What are your charging times like? I live in an apartment building and don't have access to charging at home, so I charge from a 220V wall point at work (220V is the standard here). I'm still discovering the different parking bays that are close to the wall sockets, so I am not sure of my charging times yet. BMW offers a free 1 year subscription to public EV charging stations to all new BMW/Mini hybrid buyers, so I am waiting for my RFID card to arrive to start utilizing the service. Not that many charging stations around yet.

BossHoss (07-25-2018)
Old 07-25-2018, 08:20 AM
Sterling Cooper
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Navigation Package (I am a Waze Convert for Nav but I have never seen a Counrtyman with Driver Assist AND without Nav.)
[/QUOTE]

Not sure if you're an iphone user, but WAZE is coming to Apple Car Play in September/October (Whenever the new IOS is launched). I am so excited to be able to use it with my mini!

Gorgeous car. And like the other user, I'm jealous of the Cruise Control. It was the only feature I couldn't get in the model I got. And I think the 2018 HUD doesn't do the speed limit. I never see it on mine at least.

BossHoss (07-25-2018)
Old 07-25-2018, 09:12 AM
BossHoss
1st Gear
Smile

(duplicate post...sorry)

Last edited by BossHoss; 07-25-2018 at 09:25 AM.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:19 AM
BossHoss
1st Gear
Smile

Originally Posted by TravelerMY
Very nice ride you have there. I do feel a bit envious, having picked up my SE 2 weeks ago. Over here (in Malaysia) we have minimal options available (basically LED driving lights, and a few colors). No HUD, no sunroof, only the 6.5" screen, no CarPlay, no adaptive cruise control. LED headlights/fogs are standard. The JCW here has a few extra items but with our exorbitant car taxes and the tax incentives for hybrid cars, the SE is US$20k cheaper than the JCW, so that was the clincher for me.

What are your charging times like? ....
THANKS for the very nice words TravelerMY.

I love my E-Mini, but the single best option is the "E." The others are of course nice, but not nearly as important. When I am in "Max E-Drive" only good happens...the car immediately gets calmer/quieter, becomes more responsive to the gas pedal (not jerky, just instant on), and seems to roll (almost glide) more freely (like a magic carpet.) For me, there is nothing about the JCW that I miss (well, I did like the Back-Firing.)

Originally Posted by Sterling Cooper
Not sure if you're an iphone user, but WAZE is coming to Apple Car Play in September/October (Whenever the new IOS is launched). I am so excited to be able to use it with my mini!

Gorgeous car. And like the other user, I'm jealous of the Cruise Control. It was the only feature I couldn't get in the model I got. And I think the 2018 HUD doesn't do the speed limit. I never see it on mine at least.
And THANKS Sterling Copper for your very nice words too.
  1. The POSTED SPEED LIMIT did not show up on any 2018 that I saw...pretty sure it was new in 2019.
  2. I am an Android user so Car Play is not in the cards for me. But I installed (very easy) the CravenSpeed Gemini Phone Mount for Mini ($75) so I have WAZE just to the right of my Head-Up Display. Here is a pic (on my prior JCW Countryman.) A nice undocumented feature of the placement CravenSpeed Mount is that that small vent on top of the dashboard keeps the phone cool even on a long drive in the strongest direct sunlight.

(I did transfer the CravenSpeed Mount to my 2019 E-Countryman, but do not have a picture with the phone in place.)

Last edited by BossHoss; 07-25-2018 at 12:12 PM.
Old 07-26-2018, 09:59 AM
BossHoss
1st Gear
Head-Up Display...may be informative to some....
  • Posted Speed Limit
  • My Current Speed
  • Nav - Next Turn (Street & Distance to)
  • And Map

Last edited by BossHoss; 07-27-2018 at 04:58 AM.
Old 07-28-2018, 01:20 PM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts
I am building a new house. Thinking of putting the 220’s in the ceiling so the cord Hangs down. Should be able to rig a suspension system to keep it handy but out of the way.

Old 07-29-2018, 12:12 AM
Miniminic
3rd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Nice cars guys! The blue and the white one!
mine is fully loaded also. For the Malasian Mini, you may be able to activate CarPlay. You should ask the people where i did it. Is it a touch screen?

I do see a difference in the leather guys with European cars. Are the seats real leather? It looks like a different kind of leather. My doors also have leather where the handles are, mid section.

I do hate that they have different app options for the 2018/19 an 2017 models. They are basically same. They can offer the same options with a simple software update. I rrally hate them for. Same for CarPlay and remote services. They should activate it for all the cars. Not different for every year.
I love Tesla for it. You can wake up to a drastically different upgraded car sometimes via over the air updates. Like an iPhone. Our phones will be drastically improved in September.

Old 07-29-2018, 02:32 PM
BossHoss
1st Gear
Exclamation

Waze App on Samsung S9+ (large) phone in the CravenSpeed Gemini Phone Mount (shown in 2nd pic without phone.) Great line-of-sight placement just right of the Head-up Display.

Last edited by BossHoss; 07-29-2018 at 02:39 PM.
Old 07-29-2018, 02:48 PM
BossHoss
1st Gear
Exclamation

EMAIL via the MS Office 365 App on Android. Coded Numbered Button 4 to instantly bring this screen up at Stop Lights. Also Coded Button 3 to bring up TEXT MESSAGES

Old 07-29-2018, 04:34 PM
Pups06112003
Neutral
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Congrats! Picked up mine the same day as you are! A bit sad that a lot of dealers went safe with the iconic trim with black leather when the chesterfield brown and satellite grey are all at no charge with our trim! Wish mine has the driver assist too, but it’s a blessing already that there is an iconic trim around!

Attached Thumbnails '19 Mini SE Countryman PHEV-8acea642-4ad5-4da6-a154-ae7e381bff6c.jpeg  
Old 10-15-2018, 12:21 PM
MiniDAL
1st Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BossHoss
Waze App on Samsung S9+ (large) phone in the CravenSpeed Gemini Phone Mount (shown in 2nd pic without phone.) Great line-of-sight placement just right of the Head-up Display.
Thank for sharing, that's a good spot for the phone!

Old 08-29-2019, 07:57 AM
Veeramohan Nimmalapudi
Neutral
does anybody know if the Turbo charger is WIFI enabled?

Old 08-29-2019, 12:28 PM
GnFnRnBacon
2nd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Veeramohan Nimmalapudi
does anybody know if the Turbo charger is WIFI enabled?
It is not, but I'd love to know in what manner you might be hoping to use a WiFi-connected turbocharger.

Old 08-30-2019, 12:27 PM
Veeramohan Nimmalapudi
Neutral
Originally Posted by GnFnRnBacon
It is not, but I'd love to know in what manner you might be hoping to use a WiFi-connected turbocharger.
Our utility company Eversource was giving $300 rebate if we give control to manage the charging hours. Meaning limiting the charging during peak hours

Old 08-30-2019, 12:31 PM
GnFnRnBacon
2nd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Veeramohan Nimmalapudi
Our utility company Eversource was giving $300 rebate if we give control to manage the charging hours. Meaning limiting the charging during peak hours
Ah...TurboCord... turbo charger... we're on two different pages. Gotcha.