F60 :: Countryman Talk (2016-2023) F60 Countryman discussion

F60 Carplay finally!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 02:13 PM
MrToyMan
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Andy@BimmerCarPlay
We also activated LifeTime Map Updates for you and we can activate Video In Motion and Screen Mirroring.

We are not an eBay seller and are Professionals
I was really considering purchasing from you guys because from the look of your website, you are very dependable and reliable. But when i went to my ebay and saw the coupon for $15 off, i just can't resist it.

Hopefully we can do business soon.

Old 05-22-2018, 02:45 PM
timt976
Neutral
I found that guy thats selling CarPlay for $120 a little shady.

in his ad it shows shipped from Loveland, OH but when I clicked on the seller profile it says Based in Thailand and account opened in 4/8/18

Notice Loveland, OH
but based out of Thailand
I decided to purchase from
www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-iDrive-5-6-Apple-Carplay-Activation/332572328833

seller has a lot more reviews plus he has been around since 2000

Selling for $150 little more than the other guy. But I rather pay someone that seems more trustworthy and been around longer

Just my .02

Old 05-22-2018, 04:02 PM
MrToyMan
1st Gear
I just followed Siriuszero link to the seller and so far I am satisfied.

Also, e-mail bimmercarplay.com before you purchase somewhere else, maybe they can give you a discount coupon or a promotional code or they can price match . Just my 2 cents, didn’t think about this before I purchased somewhere else. No guarantee thou.

Old 05-23-2018, 07:55 AM
GnFnRnBacon
2nd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
We also activated LifeTime Map Updates for you and we can activate Video In Motion and Screen Mirroring.

Is the Lifetime Map Update functionality included standard with your CarPlay activations?

If so, please let me know how to proceed with that - I purchased on April 28 (order BCP1042) and would love to update my maps.

(Super-happy with the CarPlay purchase!)

Old 05-23-2018, 08:01 AM
jamestoogood
1st Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GnFnRnBacon
Is the Lifetime Map Update functionality included standard with your CarPlay activations?

If so, please let me know how to proceed with that - I purchased on April 28 (order BCP1042) and would love to update my maps.

(Super-happy with the CarPlay purchase!)
You've got 3 years as standard for free map updates. I've updated mine to "Europe EVO 2018-1"

All you need to do is check your version of Maps and do a google search. Can't remember were I found my file - I think it was on a Bimmerpost forum.

Down load the file, copy it to a usb Drive and install as per CarPlay (take longer though to copy across)

The following users liked this post:
GnFnRnBacon (05-23-2018)
Old 05-24-2018, 02:32 PM
DarkMiniCooperS
6th Gear
Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

i have to agree! I’m very happy with my purchase... everything went smooth with installation and you even replied to an email at 7:30pm... 👍🏼👍🏼

Old 05-25-2018, 03:45 PM
cddakin
Neutral
Purchased from BimmerCarPlay for a 2017 Countryman (April 2017 build). After being told, and begrudgingly accepting, that CarPlay would not ever be available on this car, this was all a nice surprise. Works great.

Makes you think they probably wanted the new 5 series to be the 'first' BMW group product with Carplay...

Purchased the lifetime maps code. Hopefully BimmerCarPlay will provide a download link when available.

Old 05-26-2018, 11:15 AM
kontak
Neutral
hello everyone, bimmercarplay can play in countryman f60 with 6.5 lcd (no touch), have maps for Greece and all Europe;
I dont understand how is working, when you want to use it you must have the usb connected;
if we have any update in mini coonnected maybe lost it; or they work lifetime; any other option for maps without apple car play;

Old 05-26-2018, 12:10 PM
Minims
Neutral
Originally Posted by kontak
hello everyone, bimmercarplay can play in countryman f60 with 6.5 lcd (no touch), have maps for Greece and all Europe;
I dont understand how is working, when you want to use it you must have the usb connected;
if we have any update in mini coonnected maybe lost it; or they work lifetime; any other option for maps without apple car play;
Do you mean that you have a working apple CarPlay from Mini on a F60 with 6.5 screen without a touchscreen ?
I am really interested !!!

If you have to connect your phone on USB, it is because you have nota WIFI antenna.
What is your F60 build date ?
Have you 6UM option ?

LifeTime FSC code won't be affected by Mini.

Old 05-26-2018, 12:53 PM
kontak
Neutral
no I don't have apple car play, build date is 19/9/2017.
6UM means ; maybe I don't have it, in vin number not show it.

Old 05-26-2018, 12:55 PM
Minims
Neutral
It seems 6UM is known as not compatible with Apple CarPlay. Need 609 option (Nav Pro)

Old 07-03-2018, 02:19 PM
bereic
Neutral
Hello
So, who do you recommend for a Apple Carplay FSC Pack?
the ones on Ebay left the (not suprising me) train... :-)

Currently on BimmerCarplay for 199$ which is still enough, where the tool to generate the FSC-Packs is public.
Therefore i would pay for it, but not 199$

Old 07-03-2018, 02:24 PM
Miniminic
3rd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by kontak
no I don't have apple car play, build date is 19/9/2017.
6UM means ; maybe I don't have it, in vin number not show it.
then where is the tool?

Old 07-07-2018, 01:21 AM
bereic
Neutral
Originally Posted by Miniminic

then where is the tool?
Google... ;-)

Old 08-15-2018, 03:25 AM
Bralok
Neutral
Hi guys,

After reading this post and many other on the internet, I still don't know I carplay works in a non touch screen. Could anyone help me?

Mini clubman produced in July 2017

6FP Radio MINI Visual Boost
6NM MINI Connected
6UM MINI navigation system

Thanks a lot!

Old 08-20-2018, 06:41 AM
Bralok
Neutral
Originally Posted by Bralok
Hi guys,

After reading this post and many other on the internet, I still don't know I carplay works in a non touch screen. Could anyone help me?

Mini clubman produced in July 2017

6FP Radio MINI Visual Boost
6NM MINI Connected
6UM MINI navigation system

Thanks a lot!
Anyone?

Old 08-20-2018, 06:58 AM
Minims
Neutral
You need a touch screen, i am in the same cas and it won't work.
The solution is too add hardware like those :

https://unique-ad.co.uk/product/bmw-...etrofit-kit-2/
http://www.unichip-tec.com/h-pd-146.html#_pp=118_689
https://www.bimmer-tech.net/shop/bmw...ts/carplay-mmi

I would prefer unique-ad.co.uk or bimmer-tech.net solution because they use the OEM mic. unichip add a new one.

Old 08-22-2018, 10:51 AM
Loccusst
2nd Gear
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Just went to Bimmercarplay's site and you can't check out anymore and their contact us page shows 404 page not found. Looks like they are no longer in business?

Old 08-28-2018, 06:52 AM
Loccusst
2nd Gear
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
I also tried an Ebay seller and after giving them my money and VIN, they refunded my money with a quick response of "Car not support Applecarplay". I have a 2018 5 door S Carbon edition with touch screen and nav, build date 10/2017 so not sure why they are saying it wont work.

Checked with Bimmer- Tech and I can do Carplay but it requires hardware update and the phone would have to be plugged in......and it's $525 shipped.

Last edited by Loccusst; 08-28-2018 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Update
Old 09-01-2018, 09:36 AM
Frankynov
Neutral
Question

Good afternoon !

I will soon receive my brand new MINI (F55, One), which was built late July 2018.
Has anyone had some success activating CarPlay with one of the USB drive method on these models ?
I had a chat with "carplaysolutions" and they told me that it was not available for my car. But I'm quite in doubt, as I could choose the CarPlay feature on the MINI website (sadly I wasn't allowed as it is a fixed configuration by my company)
I have the touchscreen like all these new models and the navigation pack (not professional one).

Thanks for reading !

Old 09-02-2018, 12:25 AM
MinisINCornwall
1st Gear
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Frankynov
Good afternoon !

I will soon receive my brand new MINI (F55, One), which was built late July 2018.
Has anyone had some success activating CarPlay with one of the USB drive method on these models ?
I had a chat with "carplaysolutions" and they told me that it was not available for my car. But I'm quite in doubt, as I could choose the CarPlay feature on the MINI website (sadly I wasn't allowed as it is a fixed configuration by my company)
I have the touchscreen like all these new models and the navigation pack (not professional one).

Thanks for reading !
It could be that Mini now only include the WiFi cable/dongle if CarPlay is selected during the purchase. The only way to tell would be to remove the headhunt and check if there is anything plugged into the relevant socket.

Old 09-28-2018, 07:56 AM
carimer
1st Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hello all -- I just purchased the FSC today from bimmer-unlock.com and got the file for the USB within 30 minutes. I'll try the update tonight or tomorrow, and will post here once successful. Not sure if anyone else has tried this source. For the record, I'll be updating my MY2018 MINI Countryman S E Hybrid.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:59 PM
carimer
1st Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I can confirm it worked -- the update is loaded and working. Couldn't be happier with the MINI implementation of Apple CarPlay.

Old 10-16-2018, 05:55 PM
MKDrCr
1st Gear
Waze can not find GPS

Hi all,
I purchased the code update from bimmercarplay. Install was easy and everything had been working well. With the new updates to ios12 and to the waze app was really looking forward to using waze via CarPlay. It won’t work though! An error that waze can’t connect to GPS shows at the top of the screen and the app doesn’t function correctly. On reddit, I’ve read that other car models, specifically the Nissan Rogue, have had an issue similar to this, but I’ve seen no complaints about a Mini.

I have a 2017 Countryman S All4. I haven’t reached out to waze yet since the 2017 Countryman is not technically a “supported” CarPlay vehicle; I was curious if any one has had any problems?

Old 10-16-2018, 07:17 PM
cddakin
Neutral
Originally Posted by MKDrCr
Hi all,
I purchased the code update from bimmercarplay. Install was easy and everything had been working well. With the new updates to ios12 and to the waze app was really looking forward to using waze via CarPlay. It won’t work though! An error that waze can’t connect to GPS shows at the top of the screen and the app doesn’t function correctly. On reddit, I’ve read that other car models, specifically the Nissan Rogue, have had an issue similar to this, but I’ve seen no complaints about a Mini.

I have a 2017 Countryman S All4. I haven’t reached out to waze yet since the 2017 Countryman is not technically a “supported” CarPlay vehicle; I was curious if any one has had any problems?
Exact same issue here - same car. Would be interested to see if anyone with a 2018/2019 has tried it.

No problems with Google Maps, so hoping it is an app specific issue that may be fixed.

Quick Reply: F60 Carplay finally!