F60 :: Countryman Talk (2016-2023) F60 Countryman discussion

F60 Has anyone installed a plug n play ECU upgrade? This look interesting 40 more HP

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 04:36 AM
Shawn C
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Has anyone installed a plug n play ECU upgrade? This look interesting 40 more HP

https://www.outmotoring.com/burger-m...-tune-jb4.html

Old 01-22-2018, 04:54 AM
Shawn C
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Actually Dinan might be a better option because it will not void the factory warranty.
https://www.dinancars.com/product/d4...id=Countryman/

Old 01-22-2018, 05:38 AM
MrFunk
4th Gear
Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts
There are a few threads on this already... there seem to only be a handful of Dinan owners on here right now. I'll be ordering the Elite once we get past our first oil change.

Post #72
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ml#post4356053

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...inan-tune.html

Old 01-22-2018, 06:17 AM
Jwanck11
3rd Gear
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
This looks intriguing. I have the Elite to evaluate. I might try this too. Finally, I have spoken with Mario and he offers a true ecu tune - which I am holding off on until I run the engine in a bit more to see if there are any manufacturing weaknesses not yet discovered.

A couple of thoughts on this versus the Dinan Elite:

There are more plugs so presumably the device is taking into account more parameters - and the "tuning" might be more comprehensive than the Dinan.

There are map switches whereas the Dinan has one and only one setting.

There is the ability to plug in an log to see what is actually going on and it appears that adjustments are both possible and free. This is a huge difference!

This is much cheaper than the Dinan Elite.

The warranty thing is what it is. You can unplug both devices when you go in for service and there will be no residual footprint for any dealer to "discover." With the Dinan, you can leave the module plugged in, but the dealer may refuse any warranty service they deem related to the device and can flag your car. Dinan is from there supposed to pick up any warranty work the dealer might refuse.

I think this is a very interesting option and will look into it further.

Old 01-22-2018, 08:51 AM
Seabiscuit
2nd Gear
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
[QUOTE=MrFunk;4361839]There are a few threads on this already... there seem to only be a handful of Dinan owners on here right now. I'll be ordering the Elite once we get past our first oil change.

Hey Mr. Funk, How many miles are you going for, the first oil change ? I have my new 0-20w 'Mini' oil and new filter Genuine (Kit) 11 42 8 570 590
Interesting it comes with a new drain plug for the oil filter canister, ( I guess) and a small copper crush washer. The filter is nicely made it has Made in Austria, Mahle.

so I was wondering when you planned to change oil, If you want to share ?
I think its about time for me. I'm at 3100 miles. ( may wait a little ) I'm anxious just to see what the oil looks like when I drain it. I plan to save a sample for 'Blackstone' , to see whats going on since I can't touch it, or smell it.

have a good one