F60 :: Countryman Talk (2016-2023) F60 Countryman discussion

F60 How to figure out options and packages?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 11:51 AM
epstewart
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How to figure out options and packages?

I intend to buy a 2018 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4. I’ve been using the MiniUSA.com website "Build Yours" feature. I’m finding it hard to figure out all the options and packages, esp. the Technology, Premium, Convenience, and Fully Loaded packages. One question I have is: is the Fully Loaded package simply the Technology, Premium, and Convenience packages combined? Another question is: is there some website or article online that can answer questions like that first question. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me on options and packages.

Old 01-07-2018, 12:04 PM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Received 625 Likes on 554 Posts
Check out the thread below, it might have some information that is helpful and if not, make a post in it. 2017All4 has a good handle on what MINI is doing.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...-the-deal.html

Old 01-07-2018, 12:04 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by epstewart
I intend to buy a 2018 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4. I’ve been using the MiniUSA.com website "Build Yours" feature. I’m finding it hard to figure out all the options and packages, esp. the Technology, Premium, Convenience, and Fully Loaded packages. One question I have is: is the Fully Loaded package simply the Technology, Premium, and Convenience packages combined? Another question is: is there some website or article online that can answer questions like that first question. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me on options and packages.
For the Countryman, the Fully Loaded Package includes the Tech, Premium, and Convenience Packages and also adds a couple other standalone options such as the Dynamic Dampers, Garage Door Opener, Auto-Dimming Power fold Mirrors, and Sirius XM.

You won't find a lot of resources online explaining the options and packages mostly because MINI changes them way too often (at least twice a model year). A good, knowledgeable Motoring Advisor is your best bet, but NAM is a good resource too, though we only have access to so much info.

The configurator helps, the official MINI Ordering Guide is better (though dealers will not send them to you as they are proprietary), but ultimately the dealer's ordering system has the last say.

Old 01-07-2018, 01:28 PM
epstewart
1st Gear
Originally Posted by r53coop
Check out the thread below, it might have some information that is helpful and if not, make a post in it. 2017All4 has a good handle on what MINI is doing.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...-the-deal.html
Thank you for the link to that thread, which I am about to start reading.

Old 01-07-2018, 01:36 PM
epstewart
1st Gear
Originally Posted by siriuszero
For the Countryman, the Fully Loaded Package includes the Tech, Premium, and Convenience Packages and also adds a couple other standalone options such as the Dynamic Dampers, Garage Door Opener, Auto-Dimming Power fold Mirrors, and Sirius XM.

You won't find a lot of resources online explaining the options and packages mostly because MINI changes them way too often (at least twice a model year). A good, knowledgeable Motoring Advisor is your best bet, but NAM is a good resource too, though we only have access to so much info.

The configurator helps, the official MINI Ordering Guide is better (though dealers will not send them to you as they are proprietary), but ultimately the dealer's ordering system has the last say.
Thanks. Your info about the additional options in the Fully Loaded package is especially helpful, as those are all options that I’d like to have. Even the garage door opener, though I don’t have a garage, because (I believe) it integrates a compass. Yes, it would be nice to get my hands on an official MINI Ordering Guide, but that’s probably not gonna happen. That MINI changes these things twice a year, not just for each new model year, is a bit surprising to me, but I guess I see the logic in that. For instance, I want Apple CarPlay, which was introduced in the middle of a model year.Thanks again.

Old 01-08-2018, 10:33 AM
epstewart
1st Gear
... and also adds a couple other standalone options such as the Dynamic Dampers, Garage Door Opener, Auto-Dimming Power fold Mirrors, and Sirius XM.
Do you know whether any of those options are actually available as standalone options, or do they come only with the Fully Loaded package?

Old 01-14-2018, 01:41 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by epstewart
Do you know whether any of those options are actually available as standalone options, or do they come only with the Fully Loaded package?
All those are available as stand alone options.

Old 01-14-2018, 02:31 PM
epstewart
1st Gear
All those are available as stand alone options.
OK, thanks!