Old 12-19-2017, 03:36 PM
MrFunk
4th Gear
Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by GnFnRnBacon
Can't this be coded out? If not, can always pull it out of the loop:

https://technicpnp.com/product/mini-asd-bypass-harness/
Ooo interesting!
I'd rather code it out for free vs a $60 harness but that's for sharing that link!
Has anyone coded that out yet?

Old 12-20-2017, 11:50 AM
TheOriginalKonky
3rd Gear
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by iceknyght
Yep, same here! As someone else said, you had to check the option (cause by default it comes with that weird seat cushion for the rear), but it is an option!

It must be some other option you guys selected because i don't have that (stupid) seat cushion or a spare tire.

Old 12-20-2017, 11:56 AM
iceknyght
2nd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by TheOriginalKonky
It must be some other option you guys selected because i don't have that (stupid) seat cushion or a spare tire.
It's part of the convenience package.

Old 12-20-2017, 12:01 PM
TheOriginalKonky
3rd Gear
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
I did not get that package

I have AAA tho

Old 12-20-2017, 12:05 PM
iceknyght
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by TheOriginalKonky
I did not get that package

I have AAA tho
Next best thing!

Honestly, on our R60, we don't have a spare either and in the 5 years we've had it, we only would have used the spare once (so far)... Luckily, it was still under Mini's Roadside Assistance, so they towed us back to our Mini dealer...

Old 12-20-2017, 12:20 PM
(SM)
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, an option on the convenience package or as part of the Fully-loaded package. Figured it would be more useful than the picnic cushion, even if I only ever use it once.

Old 12-20-2017, 12:24 PM
BDI
2nd Gear
Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
Thankfully it's my wifes car, but I do not like the electronic steering at all.

Old 12-20-2017, 12:35 PM
F56-JCDub
5th Gear
Received 135 Likes on 98 Posts
Originally Posted by MrFunk
Ooo interesting!
I'd rather code it out for free vs a $60 harness but that's for sharing that link!
Has anyone coded that out yet?
It is pretty easy to code ASD off. If you go to a dealer to get service, or an update, say for the rear liftgate TSB, they update the ECUs and the coding goes away. So you have to recode. The advantage with the hardware bypass is you never have to code it again. I like the idea. Not sure if I'll get one or not though.

Old 12-20-2017, 12:43 PM
F56-JCDub
5th Gear
Originally Posted by TheJuice

Stuff I don't like:
When I turn off the car, only the front doors unlock so everytime I go to get my daughter out of the back, the door is locked and I need to go back to the front door to manually unlock the car. I have some setting to unlock all doors but that must be for something else because not all unlock on engine off.

Auto folding the mirrors on lock would have been nice.
Unlocking all doors on engine shutoff is a setting that is user-configurable that doesn't require coding. If it's not working, I'd see the dealer.

Auto folding mirrors on lock ...I believe this is codable, but I wish it was user setting.

Old 12-20-2017, 12:50 PM
darex
5th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
[quote=(SM)]I haven't found a whole lot that I am dissatisfied with yet. Perhaps the fact that I was previously driving the same basic car for the last 12 years, with very little features (not even and aux ) has some influence.
  • Haven't experienced any of the sunroof rattling nor grinding noises from HUD
    Ditto
  • I have the spare tire option. Chose it over the picnic bench 'feature'
    Ditto
  • The power tailgate has been working flawlessly for me after the first week of finding the sweet spot. No unexpected openings as of yet.
    Ditto

[

Old 12-20-2017, 12:57 PM
darex
5th Gear
You're in luck, as most of these things can be fixed with coding. My mirrors fold immediately when I press the comfort access button (or lock with fob). It's not just the shape of the fob. The buttons are all indistinguishable by touch, small, and feel cheap.

Stuff I don't like:
When I turn off the car, only the front doors unlock so everytime I go to get my daughter out of the back, the door is locked and I need to go back to the front door to manually unlock the car. I have some setting to unlock all doors but that must be for something else because not all unlock on engine off.
Agree that the fob is too big. I know there are 3D printed cases that reduce the size but I didn't care for the rough texture of those.
Heated rare seats would have been nice.

Overall, I'm very happy with the car.[/quote]

Old 12-20-2017, 01:00 PM
darex
5th Gear

By biggest complaint is that there are a bunch of settings that you're supposed to be able to assign to the number buttons on the bottom of the center stack circle and I haven't found one thing that will actually save to it! Nothing I want saved is supported, so they sit empty... :([/quote]

Try phone numbers from your Contacts. Those work. Was able to save shortcut to my TPMS in my F56, but here, only to the TPMS Reset page. Weird. I also cannot code for tire temperature, the way I could in my F56. Odd!

Old 12-20-2017, 01:20 PM
iceknyght
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by darex
You're in luck, as most of these things can be fixed with coding. My mirrors fold immediately when I press the comfort access button (or lock with fob). It's not just the shape of the fob. The buttons are all indistinguishable by touch, small, and feel cheap.

Stuff I don't like:
Agree that the fob is too big. I know there are 3D printed cases that reduce the size but I didn't care for the rough texture of those.
Heated rare seats would have been nice.

Overall, I'm very happy with the car.
Agreed with the fob. I have to keep pulling it out of my pocket if I want to unlock the car from far away cause I can't tell which button is which by just touch... :( I did buy a 3D printed case to replace the GIANT round part and it's much better. I sanded it down and painted it, so it a decent replacement for now...

There are 2 lock settings. There is one in the settings to "unlock all doors" and there is a button, below the window buttons on the arm rest that can lock/unlock the back doors, so you can keep kids from unlocking the door when you don't want them. There also may be a child lock setting in the door (I think our R60 has this), but I'd have to look to be sure...

Originally Posted by darex

By biggest complaint is that there are a bunch of settings that you're supposed to be able to assign to the number buttons on the bottom of the center stack circle and I haven't found one thing that will actually save to it! Nothing I want saved is supported, so they sit empty... :(

Try phone numbers from your Contacts. Those work. Was able to save shortcut to my TPMS in my F56, but here, only to the TPMS Reset page. Weird. I also cannot code for tire temperature, the way I could in my F56. Odd!
My wife drives the car mostly, so I rarely need to call anyone from the car... I wanted to set my driver profile to one of the presets (especially when I was having issues with the car recognizing our fobs), but you can't... :( There was another setting, maybe the phone, that keeps reverting back to the other user that I wanted to set too and that didn't work either... :(

Old 12-20-2017, 08:01 PM
MrFunk
4th Gear
Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts
One more gripe from today.
We had some snow and I finally was able to push it a bit.
Traction control is a killer. When it kicks in it shuts her down big time... and it's like an ON OFF switch. I was caught turning left at a light and needed to zip quick as I was darting between traffic and traction control kicked in an I though I was going to get T-Boned as it shut down mid turn. The rest of the drive I had traction control turned off which was much more manageable. Full off is best but even half off allows some slip. If you like having control of the car in the snow shut it off or you may find yourself caught in a bad situation.

Old 12-21-2017, 04:11 AM
minimtx
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Very interesting.. Looks like it is not offered in the Canadian market.

Would you be able to post a picture of it?

Anyone knows if it can be ordered through dealership or other company?

Cheers!

Originally Posted by iceknyght
It's part of the convenience package.

Old 12-21-2017, 06:28 AM
09BMW328
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Cant lock car with it running without the stupid horn sounds twice drives me nuts

Old 12-21-2017, 05:43 PM
F56-JCDub
5th Gear
Originally Posted by 09BMW328
Cant lock car with it running without the stupid horn sounds twice drives me nuts
Yes super annoying - but you can code it off.

Old 01-07-2018, 10:58 PM
awit
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by snowride0
I gotta say I absolutely LOVE my 17 Countryman with one MAJOR exception. Who's dumb *** idea was it to mix up the steering wheel radio control? WHY is the volume left and right and track forward/backward up and down. That absolutely has to be the dumbest configuration I've ever encountered. It is actually COUNTER intuitive. Volume up and down SHOULD BE UP AND DOWN!!!! And forward and backward SHOULD BE LEFT AND RIGHT!!!!! They screwed the pooch on that big time.
Dammit once you know this, you can't 'unknow' it!

Old 01-08-2018, 09:25 AM
Seabiscuit
2nd Gear
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
choice

Originally Posted by minimtx
Very interesting.. Looks like it is not offered in the Canadian market.
Would you be able to post a picture of it?

Anyone knows if it can be ordered through dealership or other company?
Cheers!
I wish I could have chose the spare tire. The 'picnic cushion' is hilarious.
I need to get a rack and throw a spare tire on the roof

Old 01-20-2018, 04:45 PM
ChubbyMini
3rd Gear
I dislike the horn blowing twice when I lock the doors while it's running on cold mornings. My neighbors must love me - Ha - I saw it was mentioned a few posts before mine - I really need someone to code this thing.

Last edited by ChubbyMini; 01-20-2018 at 04:51 PM.
Old 01-21-2018, 06:21 AM
DarkMiniCooperS
6th Gear
Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
You can code it with Bimmercode.

It is under Front Electronic Module, near the bottom of the list

The following users liked this post:
ChubbyMini (01-21-2018)
Old 01-21-2018, 09:12 AM
ChubbyMini
3rd Gear
Thank you for the info. quick question the app is stating "To use this app a Vgate iCar Pro Wi-Fi or Vgate iCar Pro Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter is required" did you purchase one of these ?

Old 01-21-2018, 09:23 AM
iceknyght
2nd Gear
Yep, you need the dongle to connect to the car. This is the one I have: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I coded mine to be quieter (I hate how loud the alarm beep is)!

ChubbyMini (01-21-2018)
Old 01-22-2018, 05:08 AM
DarkMiniCooperS
6th Gear
Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by ChubbyMini
Thank you for the info. quick question the app is stating "To use this app a Vgate iCar Pro Wi-Fi or Vgate iCar Pro Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter is required" did you purchase one of these ?
http://www.bimmercodeapp.com/Near the middle of the webpage, there are links to Amazon to get the correct adaptorThen you need to buy (unlock) the app in order to code tour car.

ChubbyMini (01-22-2018)
Old 01-24-2018, 07:22 AM
mikeswagon
2nd Gear
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Some of these crack me up, be interested to know what car's you guys had before.
Among those already complained about from the F56:

The steering wheel controls, I generally listed to the radio, so logical enough as far as I can see, up and down the stations, left and right as per the volume bar on the display...

Dual zone climate control - why the need to synch them? I only sit on one side of the car, if I've got a passenger they can do it, or I can do it manually too - it's not hard.

Size of the key fob.... it's not that big is it?

let's be honest they're all 1st world problems.

Funny to see you mentioning the horn beeping, as this was one thing that a few US owners seemed to want enabled on their F56s when locking. One thing I will say is be sure to have a good play with all the settings, it was surprising how many gripes were simply options that hadn't been setup by the owners, unlocking/ambient lighting etc.

Last edited by mikeswagon; 01-24-2018 at 08:21 AM.

Quick Reply: F60 What do you DISLIKE about your F60?