F60 :: Countryman Talk (2016-2023) F60 Countryman discussion

F60 Any one install Folding Mirrors on their F60

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 12:51 PM
Pure Red
4th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Any one install Folding Mirrors on their F60

Looking at Real OEM, the wiring harness inside the doors appears to be the same part # for non-folding and folding mirrors optioned out, both Heated I think. There is a different part number for Door Harness with Rear Hatch release listed[ maybe the Power Tailgate Version]
Got the Left and Right Mirror numbers, and the Switch Pack as well with that all important Mirror Fold Button.
The next question is coding, software changes. We see vehicles for sale that weren't optioned for the Folding Mirrors, and just wondered....

Old 10-27-2017, 01:14 PM
MrFunk
4th Gear
Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts
I doubt anyone has done this yet. ECS tuning MIGHT sell a kit in the future. I'm surprised there are builds that do not have the folding mirrors - I thought that was standard?? I wanted to add this option to my S4 which did not come with folding mirrors but it's a $800 OEM parts upgrade through ECS tuning which I just don't see the value in doing. Also a royal PITA install.

Old 10-27-2017, 03:54 PM
darex
5th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by MrFunk
I doubt anyone has done this yet. ECS tuning MIGHT sell a kit in the future. I'm surprised there are builds that do not have the folding mirrors - I thought that was standard?? I wanted to add this option to my S4 which did not come with folding mirrors but it's a $800 OEM parts upgrade through ECS tuning which I just don't see the value in doing. Also a royal PITA install.
There are several threads on the F56 forum, none of which I have read, but they are on this very subject. You ought to read them, and/or post your questions about it there. After all, those people have had the F56 for 3 1/2 years. They're the experts of the moment. It's a mechanically identical system.

Old 10-27-2017, 06:40 PM
Pure Red
4th Gear
Originally Posted by MrFunk
Sounds like I could be the Guinea Pig on this MOD if we end up with a F60 that didn't get the Folding Mirrors. Definitely not standard, but a nice feature. For my wifes parking at her job, they're really needed due to the VERY tight space between vehicles...

Old 10-27-2017, 06:41 PM
Pure Red
4th Gear
Originally Posted by darex
There are several threads on the F56 forum, none of which I have read, but they are on this very subject. You ought to read them, and/or post your questions about it there. After all, those people have had the F56 for 3 1/2 years. They're the experts of the moment. It's a mechanically identical system.
Okay. I will head over there and see what's happening in the Mirror section....

Old 05-24-2020, 02:43 PM
varma1986
3rd Gear
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
My 2019 MINI COOPER Country Man F60, does NOT have Power Folding feature. The vehicle is a Right Hand Drive and the mirror pins are different for both sides.It is 3 Pins on the Left & 5 pins on the Right.

Old 05-31-2020, 05:28 AM
varma1986
3rd Gear
I was doing some search about adding Power Folding Mirrors to the MINI COOPER CountryMan F60 & I came across this interesting observation.
If U have the F60 with the "MINI EXCITEMENT PACK" installed at the time of purchase, the "Wiring Harness Part Number" for the Driver & Co-Driver are the same in all the options!.
It technically & theoretically would mean that if you have the "MINI Excitement Pack" on the F60, you should be able to add the "Power Fold" Wing mirrors by just swapping the 2 mirrors & the adding of a Switch on the drivers side.No need for changing the Wiring Harness.
If U did not have the Excitement package, then you would have to change the Mirrors & the Switch & the Wiring Harness!

(https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=YS32-EUR-04-2018-F60-Mini-Cooper&diagId=61_2674)

While replacing parts, must strive to match number of Pins, Pin configuration, Features of the Wing assembly & Pin color & to also Code to enable the feature I guess!.

...[/QUOTE]

Last edited by varma1986; 05-31-2020 at 05:36 AM.
Old 06-04-2020, 12:37 AM
ND40oz
3rd Gear
Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by varma1986
I was doing some search about adding Power Folding Mirrors to the MINI COOPER CountryMan F60 & I came across this interesting observation.
If U have the F60 with the "MINI EXCITEMENT PACK" installed at the time of purchase, the "Wiring Harness Part Number" for the Driver & Co-Driver are the same in all the options!.
It technically & theoretically would mean that if you have the "MINI Excitement Pack" on the F60, you should be able to add the "Power Fold" Wing mirrors by just swapping the 2 mirrors & the adding of a Switch on the drivers side.No need for changing the Wiring Harness.
If U did not have the Excitement package, then you would have to change the Mirrors & the Switch & the Wiring Harness!

(https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=YS32-EUR-04-2018-F60-Mini-Cooper&diagId=61_2674)

While replacing parts, must strive to match number of Pins, Pin configuration, Features of the Wing assembly & Pin color & to also Code to enable the feature I guess!.

If you just have the Mini Excitement Package and not any of the Fold-in outside mirror (S313A), Interior/Outside Mirror with auto dip (S430A) or Seat Adjuster, electric, with memory (S459A) options, you will get a different wiring harness. Drivers side is part 61129864909 and co-drivers side is 61129864916. If you want to retrofit the Fold-in outside mirror (S313A) without needing a new harness, you have to have either Interior/Outside Mirror with auto dip (S430A) and/or Seat Adjuster, electric, with memory (S459A). This is why at least in the US these options are usually bundled together since all of the wiring is already there if you have one of the three.

Old 06-04-2020, 02:01 PM
varma1986
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by ND40oz
If you just have the Mini Excitement Package and not any of the Fold-in outside mirror (S313A), Interior/Outside Mirror with auto dip (S430A) or Seat Adjuster, electric, with memory (S459A) options, you will get a different wiring harness. Drivers side is part 61129864909 and co-drivers side is 61129864916. If you want to retrofit the Fold-in outside mirror (S313A) without needing a new harness, you have to have either Interior/Outside Mirror with auto dip (S430A) and/or Seat Adjuster, electric, with memory (S459A). This is why at least in the US these options are usually bundled together since all of the wiring is already there if you have one of the three.
My 2019 F60 has the Memory Seat Function & MINI Excitement Package.
Based on what is mentioned and my reserach, i feel my harness is enabled for folding mirrors once the mirrors are swapped & a switch is added.
I have ordered the parts and when i install them,i will keep posted.Thanks.

Old 06-04-2020, 02:32 PM
ND40oz
3rd Gear
My 2019 F60 has the Memory Seat Function & MINI Excitement Package.
Based on what is mentioned and my reserach, i feel my harness is enabled for folding mirrors once the mirrors are swapped & a switch is added.
I have ordered the parts and when i install them,i will keep posted.Thanks.
Yup, if you have the memory seat, you're all set. Your passenger mirror probably dips for you as well if you have the switch set to do so when you go into reverse. Unfortunately, I have neither of those options. Good luck with the swap!

Old 06-04-2020, 08:17 PM
varma1986
3rd Gear
Yes, the passenger mirror dips when in reverse gear to show the kerb.

Old 06-18-2020, 04:24 PM
varma1986
3rd Gear
I call this project>Open the Wings!.

I was able to swap my wing mirrors to Power Fold feature on my F60 Right Hand Drive.

I did not have to do any coding.
The parts that i installed had the power fold feature and were an exact match in RHD & Connector Pin/Color/Configuration.

Once your MINI F60 has the Memory Seats or MINI Excitement Package you can be sure that your machine has the cable to fold & unfold the mirror.

This project involved a lot of research & a touch of God.

The following users liked this post:
Mini-Titan (06-19-2020)
Old 06-19-2020, 03:00 AM
ND40oz
3rd Gear

I was able to swap my wing mirrors to Power Fold feature on my F60 Right Hand Drive.

The parts that i installed had the power fold feature and were an exact match in RHD & Connector Pin/Color/Configuration.
Looks great, congrats and good work.

Once your MINI F60 has the Seat Adjuster, electric, with memory (S459A) or Interior/Outside Mirror with auto dip (S430A) you can be sure that your machine has the cable to fold & unfold the mirror.
Just to clarify, the excitement package on its own doesn't change what harness is installed, if you have memory seats or the auto dip exterior mirror, you have the correct harness for the power folding mirror function to work.

Old 06-19-2020, 03:15 AM
varma1986
3rd Gear
Steps for the Powerfold Project.

Steps

Is your car an F series >2017 3rd Gen Countryman or Clubman?.

Does ur car have Mini Excitement package or Memory Seat feature?.

If the answer is yes to the above 2 questions, u have a wiring harness in your doors that is capable to Powerfold.Congratulations!.

Fold ur manual mirrors and remove the 2 plastic tabs covering the bolts and unbolt the wing assembly.Take care that u do not crash the assembly and break it after unbolt.Unplug the connector.Secure the connector on the car so that it does not fall back into hole and difficult to retrieve.While unbolting take care & cover the wing assembly with cloth becoz U do not want to scratch up the cap and damage it.

Now, on the Wing mirror assembly take note & pics of the color of the connector, no of pins in the connector, the configuration of pins in the connector for both the sides.Is ur vehicle a Right or Left hand drive?.

Now carefully install back everything on ur vehicle.

U must now buy new Wing assembly of the same Right or Left hand drive.Ur new parts must have feature PowerFold and have same color of connector, pins & configuration as Ur old ones.Once U r lucky to find the correct parts, the project is a simple plug & play.

The Wing mirrors Powerfold with button press of remote or the comfort access on the door.U will need to swap the inner door control switch to a new one with Powerfold if u want additional control.To swap control switch, remove the small tab in the well and unscrew and pop off the assembly.Check pins & pin configurations and buy a matching part with Powerfold feature.

In the above project, I did not have to do any coding of the vehicle.Hope this helps.

For Right Hand Drive used parts, check eBay Uk/Australia & for left hand drive Used parts check eBay USA.RHD have MINI puddle light on the Right side & Left hand Drive have it on the left side.The Puddle Light feature adds more pins to the connector.

The above is the simplest way to get the project done.There are possibly more ways to do the project once U have the depth of knowledge concerning PIN number & color of connectors & configuration etc which I guess are all possible to modify.

Using used parts from eBay, the entire project cost me around 450 US$.

Once your MINI F60 has the Memory Seats or MINI Excitement Package you can be sure that your machine has the cable to fold & unfold the mirror.

This project involved a lot of research & a touch of God.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWdF6Ro4I70
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7mLR806Nd0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BqP5m53XoM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poTMPFXYC98

Old 06-19-2020, 04:15 AM
varma1986
3rd Gear
I have these Wing Mirror parts for sale for the MINI COOPER COUNTRYMAN F60 on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124227955130