F60 :: Countryman Talk (2016-2023) F60 Countryman discussion

F60 2017/2018 Countryman dashboard cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 04:40 PM
misterbee60
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017/2018 Countryman dashboard cleaning

Are there any tips for caring for the Countryman's dashboard? I'd like to keep it in the same condition it is as new for as long as possible, but not sure what types of cleaners would work best with it. I use a sunshade when parked, but am curious as to how others are keeping the dash in shape. Any info would be appreciated.

Old 10-25-2017, 04:49 PM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
I have used this stuff for years. Search for "303 aerospace protectant" on amazon. It's not cheap but it does a good job at protecting vinyl surfaces.

Old 10-26-2017, 06:23 AM
MrFunk
4th Gear
Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts
303 is good - but it's NOT a cleaner. It's a dressing. I would also not use it regularly on the dash. Though it's good it does leave a bit of a shiny finish. Perhaps once year I'd apply 303 just to moisturize the dash. If you are looking to just clean the dash and leave an OEM mat finish then you want to use a gentle cleaner for regular maintenance. A wipe down once a week will keep it looking new.

I've used a few really good products, my favorite are:
1Z Cockpit Cleaner - https://www.detailersdomain.com/coll...ockpit-premium
Nanolex Interior Cleaner - https://www.detailersdomain.com/coll...-cleaner-750ml

Old 10-26-2017, 08:08 AM
Seabiscuit
2nd Gear
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
dust

You know if you are just dusting to to clean the dash and instrument cluster, I like the Costco microfiber clothes, ( bright yellow).
They pick up the dust and don't scratch. I wipe the instrument cluster first, 'lightly' and it works like a champ.
The cluster and center section for HVAC , radio & clearcoat on the wood, looks brand new on my 06 Lexus IS-350, no scratches.
Then I use a separate cloth with a little Meguires natural protectant, its not gloss, a good dull coat protectant.

I use the 303 on the black on the outside of the Mini and my Jeep. Rain streaks it though, which is annoying.
I like the product ' Protectall' . Its good on the black plastic and has a UV protector, I use it on the headlights weekly. Rain doesn't wash it off as quickly as the 303.
If you have to park outside during the day, always park facing North. That way the sun is not hitting the headlights directly. I don't like cloudy headlights.
Hope that helps a bit,
Have a good one!