F60 :: Countryman Talk (2016-2023) F60 Countryman discussion

F60 Rear Sway Bar

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 09:17 AM
TheOriginalKonky
3rd Gear
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Rear Sway Bar

Anyone put the NM thicker rear sway bar on yet? Trying to justify if it's worth $379. Just like every other aftermarket part for this car, there's really no other brand to compare it with. I had a Hotchkis bar on my old MINi and it made a tremendous difference on handling and body roll. I feel like the newer Countryman needs that for its height and size.

Old 10-25-2017, 09:19 AM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 757 Likes on 618 Posts
We've had a couple people report back that they love it. MINI has always needed more bar esp a the Countryman as just reducing body roll is a huge improvement.
Let us know if you want one
http://www.waymotorworks.com/nm-engi...ountryman.html

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
The following users liked this post:
TheOriginalKonky (10-25-2017)
Old 10-25-2017, 12:49 PM
Jwanck11
3rd Gear
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Does this apply to the JCW?

Old 10-25-2017, 01:41 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 757 Likes on 618 Posts
Originally Posted by Jwanck11
Does this apply to the JCW?
Yes it is for the JCW too

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 10-26-2017, 01:33 PM
booyun
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm planning on upgrading my Sway bar on my JCW CM when i get it. What is the stock sway bar on JCW and will upgrading all the way to 25mm be TOO much? I was thinking of maybe the 22mm. I do all street driving (no track).

Old 10-30-2017, 10:51 AM
Seabiscuit
2nd Gear
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
sway bar

Originally Posted by booyun
I'm planning on upgrading my Sway bar on my JCW CM when i get it. What is the stock sway bar on JCW and will upgrading all the way to 25mm be TOO much? I was thinking of maybe the 22mm. I do all street driving (no track).
Interesting. Can you have to much sway bar ?

Probably not. I am waiting on a monster Hellwig sway bar for my Jeep Rubicon, supposed to be here Wednesday. Good lord it needs one, talk about swing & sway! It only has 7200 miles, but it needs that upgrade immediately.
Shouldn't be to hard to put on.

I'll have to look and see if the Countryman is easy as well. I hadn't thought about one for the Countryman. It drives very well now. I will follow this thread. I like easy upgrades
Have a good one,

Old 10-31-2017, 05:31 AM
F56-JCDub
5th Gear
Received 135 Likes on 98 Posts
I am interested in hearing back on whether or not this makes any difference as people install/upgrade.

Old 10-31-2017, 07:33 AM
MrFunk
4th Gear
Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by Seabiscuit
Interesting. Can you have to much sway bar ?

Probably not. I am waiting on a monster Hellwig sway bar for my Jeep Rubicon, supposed to be here Wednesday. Good lord it needs one, talk about swing & sway! It only has 7200 miles, but it needs that upgrade immediately.
Shouldn't be to hard to put on.

I'll have to look and see if the Countryman is easy as well. I hadn't thought about one for the Countryman. It drives very well now. I will follow this thread. I like easy upgrades
Have a good one,
Well - yes you CAN have too heavy/large a sway bar. Depending on your use of the vehicle a sway bar can reduce the performance. This is after-all a small SUV. If anyone is doing any kind of off road driving - (not necessarily extreme), an upgraded sway can and will reduce the travel distance of independent wheels. You will find that you may lift a wheel when turning into a driveway or incline or going over uneven dirt roads (off road situation). Too much rear sway can also be not great if you are tracking a vehicle as you get that same wheel lift in turns which can cause wheel spin etc. Now if this is only a street vehicle then probably not a big deal. But something to think about.

We have adaptive suspension on ours and I find in sport mode the car handles really great for what it is! Surprisingly well in fact. We will probably take it camping on occasion and up north to some remote cabins which are down some "uneven" dirt roads so I'll probably leave the suspension as is. Yes it's not an ideal "off road" vehicle, but for mild rough roading it I think it will do.

All that said - I have upgraded sways on both my S4 and S2000, The S4 lifts a rear wheel each time I pull into my driveway...