F60 :: Countryman Talk (2016-2023) F60 Countryman discussion

F60 Rear cargo liner.

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 01:37 PM
darex
5th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Rear cargo liner.

Remove the basket, or trim the mat? Those are our two choices, as far as I know. Thoughts?

Old 10-20-2017, 06:29 PM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
I trimmed the Weathertech cargo mat. The part I cut off I placed on the inside of the netting. It fit perfectly and you would have to look closely to see the mat is in two pieces. The mat cuts easily with utility sissors.

Old 10-20-2017, 06:32 PM
I'mMelting
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Funny. I just ordered the rear mat earlier today. I plan to trim it as well. I have a first aid kit and fire extinguisher in the left cargo net.

Old 10-21-2017, 06:17 AM
MrFunk
4th Gear
Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts
I bought the Mini rubber cargo mat. It's very flimsy and doesn't fit very well either. Should have gone with the WT.

Old 10-21-2017, 08:19 AM
darex
5th Gear
Originally Posted by kwolfman
I trimmed the Weathertech cargo mat. The part I cut off I placed on the inside of the netting. It fit perfectly and you would have to look closely to see the mat is in two pieces. The mat cuts easily with utility sissors.
It looks like the trimming required would be extremely limited, like just enough to negotiate the post of the net-holder. Correct?

Still very curious about the MT vs Auto situation with the Driver's floor mat. It's hard to imagine any huge difference. The clutch and brake pedals come down from above, without any contact with the footwell. How can they even matter to the floor mat?

Old 10-21-2017, 09:11 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by darex
It looks like the trimming required would be extremely limited, like just enough to negotiate the post of the net-holder. Correct?

Still very curious about the MT vs Auto situation with the Driver's floor mat. It's hard to imagine any huge difference. The clutch and brake pedals come down from above, without any contact with the footwell. How can they even matter to the floor mat?
I bought the WeatherTech for my SE to use for winter. I'll slip it in later this afternoon and take a photo before/after and post. Maybe a visual will help give you a better idea about the need to trim around the footrest.

Old 10-21-2017, 12:09 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Still very curious about the MT vs Auto situation with the Driver's floor mat. It's hard to imagine any huge difference. The clutch and brake pedals come down from above, without any contact with the footwell. How can they even matter to the floor mat?[/QUOTE]

Below are photos of Driver's front WeatherTech in SE vs Mini Mats.

Old 10-21-2017, 03:49 PM
darex
5th Gear
Screw it. I'm buying the "automatic version"

Old 10-23-2017, 06:41 AM
MrFunk
4th Gear
Report back!
I bought the mini rubber mats - same part for both auto and manual so my guess is that they are same. Perhaps WT has not "tested" the manual mats or gotten them "certified" yet - some legal thing... but they fit fine.

Old 10-23-2017, 06:41 AM
Seabiscuit
2nd Gear
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
mat

Originally Posted by MrFunk
I bought the Mini rubber cargo mat. It's very flimsy and doesn't fit very well either. Should have gone with the WT.
I agree Mr. Funk, the Mini 'brand'cargo mat arrived Friday. It slides everywhere. No grippies . It matches the floor mats.
I have a K2 cooler back there and if you don't pick it up, when taking it out of the car, you drag the mat out onto the ground. It slides everywhere. I need to look at it to see why its longer than the storage area.
It has the cool 'Mini' Logo. LOL $94
'They made a killen!'

best regards

Old 10-23-2017, 07:15 AM
darex
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Seabiscuit
I agree Mr. Funk, the Mini 'brand'cargo mat arrived Friday. It slides everywhere. No grippies . It matches the floor mats.
I have a K2 cooler back there and if you don't pick it up, when taking it out of the car, you drag the mat out onto the ground. It slides everywhere. I need to look at it to see why its longer than the storage area.
It has the cool 'Mini' Logo. LOL $94
'They made a killen!'

best regards
Ugh! Thanks for the warning! WT it is!

Old 10-23-2017, 10:52 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Ugh! Thanks for the warning! WT it is!
Agree with comments about the Mini boot mat. Looks "pretty" but basically a pain in the ***!!! Slips and slides all over the place. Was thinking about putting some heavy duty sticky velcro tape to see if that helps after spending $94 on it!

I have a feeling I'll end up getting the WT liner and trim around the cargo netting.

Old 10-25-2017, 07:09 AM
MrFunk
4th Gear
Yep! We had some large boxes last night that had to be loaded into the trunk. That cargo mat was a royal PITA. Slid all over... when trying to remove the boxes the darn mat slid out with the boxes rubbing the bumper etc. I'll try sticking some 3M'd male side of velcro to see if that will hold it in place.

Old 10-25-2017, 07:51 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Yep! We had some large boxes last night that had to be loaded into the trunk. That cargo mat was a royal PITA. Slid all over... when trying to remove the boxes the darn mat slid out with the boxes rubbing the bumper etc. I'll try sticking some 3M'd male side of velcro to see if that will hold it in place.
Found some heavy duty double sided cloth carpet tape. That may work better since I'm not sure how strong the adhesive glue on the velcro will hold.

Old 11-02-2017, 07:47 PM
MrFunk
4th Gear
Any update? How'd they fit? Not a fan of the OEM rubbers. No protection.

Old 11-03-2017, 06:28 AM
darex
5th Gear
Any update? How'd they fit? Not a fan of the OEM rubbers. No protection.
I ordered the whole shebang. Half the order arrives today, so I'll soon let you know.

Old 11-03-2017, 06:33 AM
MrFunk
4th Gear
I ordered the whole shebang. Half the order arrives today, so I'll soon let you know.

Great! I'm more interested in the digital liners for the drivers side which are "supposedly" only for the auto...

Old 11-04-2017, 12:38 PM
darex
5th Gear
[quote=MrFunk]

Great! I'm more interested in the digital liners for the drivers side which are "supposedly" only for the auto...[/i

I made a 18mm hole in the mat exactly over one of the two hook holders of the net, and now the WT cargo liner is a perfect fit. It presents a minor problem lifting the cargo floor fully (would have to remove the net again), but as I have the spare tire option, there's barely any room or reason to get into that space anyway, so I made a choice for the sake of esthetics.

Attached Thumbnails Rear cargo liner.-photo686.jpg   Rear cargo liner.-photo862.jpg   Rear cargo liner.-photo842.jpg   Rear cargo liner.-photo913.jpg   Rear cargo liner.-photo574.jpg  

Old 11-04-2017, 01:05 PM
MrFunk
4th Gear
Looks great! Much better fit and finish vs the OEM mat. I wish I'd never bought that. I'll eventually get this one I'm sure.

Old 11-04-2017, 02:06 PM
darex
5th Gear
Looks great! Much better fit and finish vs the OEM mat. I wish I'd never bought that. I'll eventually get this one I'm sure.
Thanks. I agree. Looks much better!

Old 11-04-2017, 02:08 PM
I'mMelting
2nd Gear
[QUOTE=darex;4342126]

Great! I'm more interested in the digital liners for the drivers side which are "supposedly" only for the auto...[/i

I made a 18mm hole in the mat exactly over one of the two hook holders of the net, and now the WT cargo liner is a perfect fit. It presents a minor problem lifting the cargo floor fully (would have to remove the net again), but as I have the spare tire option, there's barely any room or reason to get into that space anyway, so I made a choice for the sake of esthetics.
Wow! Nicely done! I just hacked the “tab” off, following the line in the mat. I do need to have easy access to the under storage and I am able to open it easily. Your solution is elegant, mine is a hack1

Old 11-04-2017, 08:54 PM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by I'mMelting
Wow! Nicely done! I just hacked the “tab” off, following the line in the mat. I do need to have easy access to the under storage and I am able to open it easily. Your solution is elegant, mine is a hack1
When I cut my "tab" off, I cut it much closer to where the net is attached to the floor. It butts up against the net. The cut-off portion then tucked in the on the other side of the net, where you have your first-aid kit. Visually it all looks like all one piece and I have the same access to the underneath like you do.

Old 11-05-2017, 06:32 AM
darex
5th Gear
Originally Posted by I'mMelting

Hey, nothing wrong with your solution. I may ultimately resort to your solution, if mine becomes problematic. I don't expect the cargo area to have melty/drippy stuff in it, the way the footwell certainly will in the winter time.

Old 11-05-2017, 08:11 AM
I'mMelting
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by kwolfman
When I cut my "tab" off, I cut it much closer to where the net is attached to the floor. It butts up against the net. The cut-off portion then tucked in the on the other side of the net, where you have your first-aid kit. Visually it all looks like all one piece and I have the same access to the underneath like you do.
Great work, Kwolfman!

Old 12-31-2017, 12:09 PM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts
Ordered front set of liners and cargo deck liner from WeatherTech today. I think I will go with a combo of the two options above. Will drill the 18MM hole and then cut under the net retention bar. With the PHEV the area under the red deck is small but I put tow hook, first aid kit, and flares etc in the space, so may want to get under the floor in a pinch. If it was only for when I used the Picnic Bench I would just go with the hole

Will update once they arrive and I get them installed. I have an ugly travel schedule the next couple of weeks.

The 2018 Countryman E (PHEV) is actually listed on the site with a warning the that the rear liner will not fit with the cargo net option. no rear seat set option on the PHEV.