F60 :: Countryman Talk (2016-2023) F60 Countryman discussion

F60 What did you do to/with your CM today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2018, 01:00 PM
1RavingLunatic
3rd Gear
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
I ordered my JCW Countryman today! Melting Silver, black roof, black stripes. Wife is PISSED! But since I spent way too long in Syria then Iraq, then Kuwait, and then maybe Iraq again while she spends my $$$, I'm doing what I want...And the kids are so excited that they picked the color! I made sure it has the wife theft deterrent system, a third pedal, I now have a toy again!! Pick it up when I get home! I'm too excited and I tried checking the production number already

Old 01-02-2018, 07:32 AM
TheOriginalKonky
3rd Gear
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Snurfer
Hey, is there one part number or two for the black front grill? Thanks!

The part number is:

51.71.2.414.980 for the Cooper S black grill ($317 without hood gasket)

(The JCW and base Cooper one have different part numbers.)

Old 01-02-2018, 11:54 AM
DarkMiniCooperS
6th Gear
Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Note that you can easily reuse your gasket from the OEM grill... it just slides into place...

Old 01-03-2018, 03:16 AM
F56-JCDub
5th Gear
Received 135 Likes on 98 Posts
It would be nice if they had a grille that didn't have molded-in spots for the "S" or the JCW badges.

Old 01-03-2018, 07:37 AM
GnFnRnBacon
2nd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by f60jcw
It would be nice if they had a grille that didn't have molded-in spots for the "S" or the JCW badges.
What's in that position on the base model grille?

When I replaced my stock S grille with the black S grille, it looked like (though admittedly I didn't look closely) the S was actually molded as part of the grille honeycomb, not a separate 'badge', so I would've assumed the base model would just be the honeycomb with no spot or placeholder for an S/JCW 'badge'.

Old 01-03-2018, 07:41 AM
F56-JCDub
5th Gear
It is a different looking grille that is not the pseudo-honeycomb, but more of a rectangular grille look but doesn't appear to have any badging.

I prefer the honeycomb look.

Old 01-05-2018, 07:46 PM
MrFunk
4th Gear
Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by molesen
Yes, Dinan Elite. Followed instructions on website and install is no more than an hour. Easiest access to remove battery cable is to lift off rubber trim that seals to the hood and then remove the panel below the windshield that runs the width of the car above the battery. Once the rubber trim is lifted this piece slides forward (toward front of car) and then you can simply lift it up allowing you to put a socket on the battery terminal clamp. Very simple once you figure it out.

Take the extra time to route and secure the wiring harness nicely. As you can see, I located the module on the plastic panel next to the positive battery boosting post. I ended up removing the red plastic cover and turning it 180 degrees to allow a little more room in the area. The recommended placement in the instructions is for an F56 and on the F60 the area is a little different and not as large.
Nice...
And...? Driving impressions with the tune?

Old 01-06-2018, 06:47 AM
molesen
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MrFunk
Nice...
And...? Driving impressions with the tune?
To put things in perspective, I did not expect the tune to make the pug run like a greyhound...that isn't the purpose of the car. That being said the Dinan Elite certainly gives the pug a shot of Red Bull.
The car is primarily my wife's daily driver but I have had the opportunity to drive it around town and on the highway since the install. The torque is improved and there is no downside to anything that I can tell. For me, this is the way the car should come from the factory.
FWIW my wife constantly says how much more she enjoys driving the Countryman than the MB GLC that she had the past two years. Relatively speaking the car's performance is now at least as good (and probably better) than the GLC300 but not in AMG43 territory...but again that wasn't the point.

Is the car difference noticeable? Yes.
Is the car more fun to drive? Yes.
Did it meet my expectations? Yes.
Is it worth it? Absolutely!

On another note I must say that since turning off ASD with Bimmercode the car is much quieter (is that a word? more quiet?). Either way I find it surprisingly quiet for the type of vehicle and more enjoyable to drive. Once we get back to our place in BC where the 3 dr Cooper S resides it will be the first thing I switch off. I know some people enjoy the extra sound and find it engaging but it should really be a feature that can be switched off or on from within the settings of the car from factory.

The following users liked this post:
MrFunk (01-07-2018)
Old 01-07-2018, 05:47 AM
MrFunk
4th Gear
Originally Posted by 1RavingLunatic
I ordered my JCW Countryman today! Melting Silver, black roof, black stripes. Wife is PISSED! But since I spent way too long in Syria then Iraq, then Kuwait, and then maybe Iraq again while she spends my $$$, I'm doing what I want...And the kids are so excited that they picked the color! I made sure it has the wife theft deterrent system, a third pedal, I now have a toy again!! Pick it up when I get home! I'm too excited and I tried checking the production number already
Congrats!! I admire and honor your personal sacrifice to the country.

1RavingLunatic (01-07-2018)
Old 01-07-2018, 05:50 AM
MrFunk
4th Gear
Originally Posted by molesen
To put things in perspective, I did not expect the tune to make the pug run like a greyhound...that isn't the purpose of the car. That being said the Dinan Elite certainly gives the pug a shot of Red Bull.
The car is primarily my wife's daily driver but I have had the opportunity to drive it around town and on the highway since the install. The torque is improved and there is no downside to anything that I can tell. For me, this is the way the car should come from the factory.
FWIW my wife constantly says how much more she enjoys driving the Countryman than the MB GLC that she had the past two years. Relatively speaking the car's performance is now at least as good (and probably better) than the GLC300 but not in AMG43 territory...but again that wasn't the point.

Is the car difference noticeable? Yes.
Is the car more fun to drive? Yes.
Did it meet my expectations? Yes.
Is it worth it? Absolutely!

On another note I must say that since turning off ASD with Bimmercode the car is much quieter (is that a word? more quiet?). Either way I find it surprisingly quiet for the type of vehicle and more enjoyable to drive. Once we get back to our place in BC where the 3 dr Cooper S resides it will be the first thing I switch off. I know some people enjoy the extra sound and find it engaging but it should really be a feature that can be switched off or on from within the settings of the car from factory.
Thanks!
Same for me - the car is the wife's but I drive it when we are out as a family which is several times a week. I'll order this very soon.

Can you tell me where I can turn off ASD in Bimmercode?

Old 01-07-2018, 07:53 AM
molesen
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MrFunk
Thanks!
Same for me - the car is the wife's but I drive it when we are out as a family which is several times a week. I'll order this very soon.

Can you tell me where I can turn off ASD in Bimmercode?
You don't have to go into expert mode to do this on Bimmercode. Once you have hooked up and connected to Bimmercode app it is one of the first options you can toggle on or off.

Old 01-10-2018, 08:46 PM
bluonyx
4th Gear
Received 138 Likes on 107 Posts
Got my new shoes and little emblem...

What did you do to/with your CM today?-rmpynufl.jpg

What did you do to/with your CM today?-83lmp9sl.jpg

The following 2 users liked this post by bluonyx:
janinefm (02-26-2018), jms493 (04-21-2018)
Old 01-19-2018, 04:38 AM
MrFunk
4th Gear
Originally Posted by bluonyx
Got my new shoes and little emblem...
Can you post a side profile pic of the new wheels on the car?

Old 01-27-2018, 12:56 PM
awit
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Washed it!

Before

During....

And tucked away in the garage

Last edited by awit; 01-27-2018 at 01:03 PM.
janinefm (02-26-2018)
Old 01-27-2018, 03:36 PM
ChubbyMini
3rd Gear
cleared the question and asked under a different thread

Last edited by ChubbyMini; 01-28-2018 at 02:27 PM.
Old 02-01-2018, 03:17 PM
ChubbyMini
3rd Gear

She got a little vinyl done

janinefm (02-26-2018)
Old 02-09-2018, 05:26 AM
MrFunk
4th Gear
^^ Yeah not bad!

Old 02-22-2018, 07:20 AM
TheOriginalKonky
3rd Gear
Blew a runflat today. Limping it to the dealer on my lunch break, hoping they can patch it.

Old 02-22-2018, 07:29 AM
F56-JCDub
5th Gear
If they're anything like my dealer, probably not. Get ready to pay $300. :-(

Old 02-22-2018, 01:32 PM
TheOriginalKonky
3rd Gear
Didn't even get a chance to find out. They said the hole was too close to the side. They also said they didn't have the Bridgestone tires in stock (Because they're too new) and said they can order me 2 new front tires (Not Bridgestone) since the tread pattern has to be the same (PA laws) $580 dollars my ***. I found the Bridgestone Runflat on tirerack for $214 shipped. I'll get it on Monday and get it installed at my local Tire shop for $15. That **** should be illegal for them to rape you like that. The guy next to me was bitching be cause his car was in for service (an oil change) and the advisor said the tech suggested you get 4 new spark plugs "the total out the door is $235". The guy laughed it off and said, I'm good, I can do my own spark plugs.

Old 02-22-2018, 01:47 PM
GnFnRnBacon
2nd Gear
As long as you're ordering 2, I'd take the opportunity to ditch the runflats altogether and order 4 "normal" tires.

Old 02-22-2018, 01:58 PM
TheOriginalKonky
3rd Gear
I'm getting new wheels in a few weeks, I didn't really want to buy any for this size wheel.

Old 02-22-2018, 03:04 PM
F56-JCDub
5th Gear
Originally Posted by TheOriginalKonky
Didn't even get a chance to find out. They said the hole was too close to the side. They also said they didn't have the Bridgestone tires in stock (Because they're too new) and said they can order me 2 new front tires (Not Bridgestone) since the tread pattern has to be the same (PA laws) $580 dollars my ***. I found the Bridgestone Runflat on tirerack for $214 shipped. I'll get it on Monday and get it installed at my local Tire shop for $15. That **** should be illegal for them to rape you like that. The guy next to me was bitching be cause his car was in for service (an oil change) and the advisor said the tech suggested you get 4 new spark plugs "the total out the door is $235". The guy laughed it off and said, I'm good, I can do my own spark plugs.
Yeah I hate when they do that crap. Good on you for shopping elsewhere.

Old 02-23-2018, 07:10 AM
GnFnRnBacon
2nd Gear
Accidentally put mine into Green Mode this morning; the first time I've been in Green Mode behind the wheel. Yikes!

Old 02-23-2018, 08:02 AM
TheOriginalKonky
3rd Gear
It dangerous pulling out into intersections! You better give yourself enough extra time.

Quick Reply: F60 What did you do to/with your CM today?