F60 :: Countryman Talk (2016-2023) F60 Countryman discussion

F60 Now that we have a F60 area, let's have a photo thread!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 07:59 AM
I'mMelting
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by darex
Ours are really similar, right down to the MY steering wheel (which I'm SOOO glad I went for!). The only difference is that I did the anthracite headliner and satellite grey interior.
Well, you clearly have great taste!

Are you enjoying it? I’m guessing you live somewhere in the front range? We might see each other no the road sometime!

Old 10-17-2017, 08:06 AM
I'mMelting
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry, Darex! I was confusing you with Ryan Pruett who has a Melting and got it from a Colorado dealer.

Old 10-17-2017, 08:50 AM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by I'mMelting
It is a chameleon and changes in different light. The metallic flake seems to reflect in different ways. Some times it looks very silver and others more gold. I enjoy it- like watching how the sea changes colors in different light.
Islandblue is another chameleon. Outside in the sun it is a very vivid metallic true-blue color. Inside my garage at night under florescent light it is a non-metallic dark-blueish teal color. Other lighting it is somewhere in between. MINI appears to be using some very interesting paint.

Old 10-19-2017, 10:19 AM
GnFnRnBacon
2nd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by TheOriginalKonky
I have the black grill, you can order it from the dealer. I can get you the part number if you're interested? It's pricey though, little over $300
How is the removal/install of that? I grabbed the black grille (along w/ the black headlight & taillight trim) back in August, but it's been sitting in the basement since then while I dread the installation process - from the looks of the removal/install instructions, I need to unfasten the bumper panel from below, along with the wheel arches?

For that matter... any guidance you can give on the headlight/taillight trim removal is appreciated as well. This may be my Saturday project.

Old 10-19-2017, 11:01 AM
TheOriginalKonky
3rd Gear
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
I was skeptical myself of doing the installs, but after doing it, I'm glad I didn't pay the dealer or a shop. Their rates are ridiculous. It was relatively easy.

The front headlight rings have tabs that you can see when the hood is opened. They're designed weird in my opinion, almost backwards, but all you do is pry them off. Once you get one started then you just pop them all off. Installing the new ones (which I believe have new tabs attached if you bought them from MINIUSA) they just click right in.

The rear taillights scared me a bit, I used a flat head screwdriver with some duct tape on the head (So it doesn't scratch the paint or lens) and just pop a corner and work it around until it all pops off. The part that scared me was the sound it made. Almost sounded like I was destroying the damn things.

The grille was pretty easy. There's 8 torque screws the hold the original grille on. Unscrew all of them and you will notice the top is loose. The bottom is held in by the built in clips on the grille itself. Look at your new grille and you'll see what I mean. But just using a little force pull the bottom of the grille out as level as you can without scratching the bumper paint. (After doing it, I would probably lay down some vinyl tape on the bumper to be safe) It also makes a nice loud sound when you pull the tabs through. I did not have to unfasten the bumper panel from below or the wheel arches.

You do have to use a bit of force when removing all of these, don't be afraid.

Hopefully that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

The following users liked this post:
GnFnRnBacon (10-21-2017)
Old 10-21-2017, 04:42 PM
GnFnRnBacon
2nd Gear
The front headlight rings have tabs that you can see when the hood is opened. They're designed weird in my opinion, almost backwards, but all you do is pry them off.
“Backwards” is the best description I’ve seen for those clips! Thanks for this - I installed the headlight and taillight rings today. Grille hopefully tomorrow morning, then some photos if I can hit the car wash first.

Next up... door handles, and figuring out what to do with the side scuttles and belt line trim. (And the wheel arch lights... roof rails... rocker panel inserts... ugh)

Old 11-02-2017, 05:02 AM
awit
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My sales man sent me some pics of mine as it arrived at the dealer today. CooperS Auto, climate and multimedia packs. Need to sell my F56 before I can pick it up tho!

Old 11-02-2017, 07:51 AM
Pure Red
4th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

These were the still-on-the-dealer-lot pictures from last Saturday before we bought it...
I like the rear shot since it shows the difference between Black Line trim rings and Bright Stock ones , side by side.

awit (11-03-2017)
Old 11-07-2017, 02:01 PM
Birbilis
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by darex
Ours are really similar, right down to the MY steering wheel (which I'm SOOO glad I went for!). The only difference is that I did the anthracite headliner and satellite grey interior.
So your combination is pearl black seats-satellite grey color line interior? This is what I have ordered and I would very much appreciate some pics of the interior!

Old 11-10-2017, 02:07 PM
blue0506
1st Gear

Here's my Lapisluxury Blue with Mini Yours 19's

gbilton (12-16-2018)
Old 11-12-2017, 02:33 PM
miniBuzzChill
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To become a familiar routine this coming winter... Had it's first [Lake effect] snow & ice Friday. Just getting rid of some salt dust on and underneath.

Old 11-13-2017, 07:34 AM
TheOriginalKonky
3rd Gear
Taken with a crappy phone camera. I'll get better ones soon hopefully.

(Still need to tint the front windows to match the rears and lower the pig.)

The following 3 users liked this post by TheOriginalKonky:
awit (11-13-2017), ECSTuning (11-14-2017), Shawn C (01-22-2018)
Old 11-13-2017, 12:00 PM
Snurfer
2nd Gear
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

That looks great! Best one I've seen yet! I'm still waiting on mine, but I am amassing a collection of black bits and pieces to add when she arrives.

TheOriginalKonky (11-13-2017)
Old 11-13-2017, 12:30 PM
booyun
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

A big thumbs up and thanks for sharing!

I have moonwalk grey on order (with chili red roof) but I needed to see more pics to figure out what else I'd want to customize. I think I like the black borders around the lights!

TheOriginalKonky (11-13-2017)
Old 11-13-2017, 01:19 PM
iceknyght
2nd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Love the black out of all the chrome (something I want to do as well)! Where did you get the black Sport Scuttles?

Old 11-13-2017, 01:25 PM
TheOriginalKonky
3rd Gear
DarkMiniCooperS told me about Aliexpress. It's a website in china (that takes about a month to receive products from). Quality is ok, not the greatest. The fitment was very tight, but works. It's actually just an overlay on the chrome piece. I thought about just buying the base Cooper scuttles(all black), but this was a cheaper route.

iceknyght (11-13-2017)
Old 11-13-2017, 03:31 PM
MrFunk
4th Gear
Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts
Those black trim are nice. May need to do that. Where do you guys get em from? Mini?

Old 11-13-2017, 04:24 PM
DarkMiniCooperS
6th Gear
Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
DarkMiniCooperS told me about Aliexpress. It's a website in china (that takes about a month to receive products from). Quality is ok, not the greatest. The fitment was very tight, but works. It's actually just an overlay on the chrome piece. I thought about just buying the base Cooper scuttles(all black), but this was a cheaper route.

update on that cheap route: with first snow/salt, they began to stick off as they were not a perfect fit...

off they went and I am now shopping for base Cooper ones as well. Already got the part numbers from RealOEM!

Old 11-14-2017, 07:08 AM
TheOriginalKonky
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by DarkMiniCooperS
update on that cheap route: with first snow/salt, they began to stick off as they were not a perfect fit...

off they went and I am now shopping for base Cooper ones as well. Already got the part numbers from RealOEM!

Mine are in there pretty damn tight, I can't see them falling out. Even with the 3m tape going bad

Let me know how much those run?

Old 11-14-2017, 08:28 AM
awit
1st Gear
Guys what does the OEM blacked out front grill cost? Here in Aus not sure its available, so might have to look OS to get one!

Old 11-14-2017, 08:31 AM
TheOriginalKonky
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by awit
guys what does the oem blacked out front grill cost? Here in aus not sure its available, so might have to look os to get one!
$317 usd

awit (11-14-2017)
Old 11-14-2017, 09:17 AM
GnFnRnBacon
2nd Gear

Mine are in there pretty damn tight, I can't see them falling out. Even with the 3m tape going bad

Let me know how much those run?
I received a pair of the base black side turn signal/scuttles from Seattle MINI yesterday, $36.88 each, but shipping on top of that. You can also get them from ECS for $43.55 each with free shipping.

Old 11-14-2017, 09:21 AM
TheOriginalKonky
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by GnFnRnBacon
I received a pair of the base black side turn signal/scuttles from Seattle MINI yesterday, $36.88 each, but shipping on top of that. You can also get them from ECS for $43.55 each with free shipping.
Did you install them yet? I was curious of how to remove the existing ones. I removed the rain gutter under the hood to access them from the inside, but they didn't seem to budge. Let me know if there's a technique to get them out? TIA

Old 11-14-2017, 09:57 AM
GnFnRnBacon
2nd Gear
Did you install them yet? I was curious of how to remove the existing ones. I removed the rain gutter under the hood to access them from the inside, but they didn't seem to budge. Let me know if there's a technique to get them out? TIA
Not yet. Out of town tomorrow through Monday; hope to get a look at it in the afternoon on Thanksgiving. I want to tint those signal lenses at the same time while those covers are off.

There are just five of the small white push-clips on the back, haven't looked to see if they're accessible from inside (although it sounds from your experience that they're not) so might just be a trim-tool pryfest from the outside.

See: https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...rip/1VnZ7QaoJD

Old 11-14-2017, 10:21 AM
TheOriginalKonky
3rd Gear
haha looks like another "gently, pull with force" maneuvers. Might be a good idea to get some of those replacement clips.

Quick Reply: F60 Now that we have a F60 area, let's have a photo thread!