F60 :: Countryman Talk (2016-2023) F60 Countryman discussion

F60 Now that we have a F60 area, let's have a photo thread!

Old 09-26-2017, 11:20 AM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Look fantastic

Enjoy these high tech

Old 09-26-2017, 11:26 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by pyuhlu
Look fantastic

Enjoy these high tech
Just finished washing and detailing Baby's first bath

Old 09-26-2017, 11:56 AM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Islandbluemini
when you charge with the enclosed charger, make sure the cable is not tight after the plug is inserted to the charging port on the car. The secure clip on the charger plug may be damaged easily

Old 09-26-2017, 12:26 PM
darex
5th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Looks fantastic! Can we see the inside?

Old 09-26-2017, 03:21 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by darex
I'll take some photos of the inside in a few minutes. Sun won't be in the way around this time.

Looked pretty in the showroom, but the slimy detail stuff they put on it sprayed all over the wheel rims and made hideous spots Looks good now

Old 09-26-2017, 03:24 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by pyuhlu
when you charge with the enclosed charger, make sure the cable is not tight after the plug is inserted to the charging port on the car. The secure clip on the charger plug may be damaged easily
Thanks for the tip Have about 7 ft extra cord length when I plug to charge. Have a 3-bay garage and 4 outlets in there. No danger of kinking the cord

Old 09-26-2017, 04:25 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear

Old 09-26-2017, 07:03 PM
minidreamz
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh those are so beautiful. Every single time I see a new picture I rethink my choice of black. I refused to buy a black car until I walked in the mini dealer and saw the countryman. Love at first sight. The End....well, not even close but in production.

Old 09-26-2017, 07:19 PM
darex
5th Gear
I'll take some photos of the inside in a few minutes. Sun won't be in the way around this time.

Looked pretty in the showroom, but the slimy detail stuff they put on it sprayed all over the wheel rims and made hideous spots Looks good now
They did that to mine too.

Old 09-26-2017, 07:34 PM
darex
5th Gear
Looks great, Island!

The following users liked this post:
Islandbluemini (09-27-2017)
Old 09-27-2017, 02:44 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by minidreamz
Oh those are so beautiful. Every single time I see a new picture I rethink my choice of black. I refused to buy a black car until I walked in the mini dealer and saw the countryman. Love at first sight. The End....well, not even close but in production.
Thank you It's hard picking out interior color. Went black because of the four-legged family members but also didn't want an all-black interior fearing it being too dark. I do like the lighter headliner and the material is so much nicer than in past models. I wanted to add chrome interior at the end, but car was already in production at that time. The black is nice but the chrome would have made the black pop a little more IMO.

I would have gone for the Chesterfield Leather if it weren't for the pets though and then I would have picked the black headliner. No matter what interior choices you pick, I think you'll love it. The materials are so much nicer now

Old 09-27-2017, 05:58 AM
chipfiev
3rd Gear
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
So happy to see another black topped Island Blue. Looks great!

seamonkey420 (08-30-2019)
Old 09-27-2017, 06:26 AM
TheOriginalKonky
3rd Gear
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
They did that to mine too.

That's the worse. Like really people? would you want that crap all over YOUR personal vehicle?

Old 09-27-2017, 10:09 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by chipfiev
So happy to see another black topped Island Blue. Looks great!
Thank you I'm loving this blue. Color is great looking and changes in different lighting. Very happy with the performance of it so far too. From a 1st gen R53 to this F60 SE is a huge evolution in look and styling. Keeping the "Blues Brothers" together

Old 09-27-2017, 03:16 PM
darex
5th Gear
Thank you I'm loving this blue. Color is great looking and changes in different lighting. Very happy with the performance of it so far too. From a 1st gen R53 to this F60 SE is a huge evolution in look and styling. Keeping the "Blues Brothers" together
My Moonwalk Grey F56 was the same: different color every day, and never photographed the same way twice, or so it seemed. I agree that Island Blue seems to have similar optical properties. It's neat!

seamonkey420 (08-30-2019)
Old 09-27-2017, 03:32 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
My Moonwalk Grey F56 was the same: different color every day, and never photographed the same way twice, or so it seemed. I agree that Island Blue seems to have similar optical properties. It's neat!
Thanks darex I thought the same of the Moonwalk Grey when I first saw it and I did like the Melting Silver as well. It has pretty metallic flecks that refracts the light.

Can't say that I'll be getting great results with mileage on this first tank! Having too much fun playing and getting used to all the new technology.

Got an wireless case today for my iPhone so I can charge it without a USB. This will hold me over until MINI and Apple get together and make CarPlay compatible for those of us that are waiting to upgrade our phones.

Happy Motoring!

Old 09-27-2017, 06:57 PM
darex
5th Gear
Thanks darex I thought the same of the Moonwalk Grey when I first saw it and I did like the Melting Silver as well. It has pretty metallic flecks that refracts the light.

Can't say that I'll be getting great results with mileage on this first tank! Having too much fun playing and getting used to all the new technology.

Got an wireless case today for my iPhone so I can charge it without a USB. This will hold me over until MINI and Apple get together and make CarPlay compatible for those of us that are waiting to upgrade our phones.

Happy Motoring!
I have been using a wireless case as well. It works great, but the only problem is that every other time I leave my phone behind in the armrest and have to go back out and get it. Is your Apple CarPlay not working as well as you'd first thought? Are you finding it sluggish and nearly unusable?

On my second day, I was driving and I was receiving a lot of calls back-and-forth, and I found it was unworkable with Apple CarPlay, as it stands. It was completely unable to keep up. However, having gone back to regular iDrive, it's been a pleasure so far.

Last edited by darex; 09-28-2017 at 08:59 AM.
Old 09-28-2017, 04:09 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
I have been using a wireless case as well. It works great, but the only problem is that every other time I leave my phone behind in the armrest and have to go back out and get it. Is your Apple CarPlay not working as well as you'd first thought? Are you finding it sluggish and nearly unusable?

On my second day, I was driving and I was receiving a lot of calls back-and-forth, and I found it was unworkable with Apple CarPlay, as it stands. It was completely unable to keep up. However, haven't gone back to regular iDrive, it's been a pleasure so far.
The CarPlay is not sluggish at all. So far I haven't received any phone calls or sent any with it. I've sent a few texts instead and received several as well. Worked seamlessly for me. Navi with voice commands worked seamlessly as well. Absolutely no complaints about it so far. I'm very happy with it running on ISO 10.3. Checked all my bluetooth settings to make sure I have them running in the background all the time so there's no lag. Maybe check yours to see if that may be an issue. Cell reception was good as well.

Old 09-28-2017, 05:24 AM
MrFunk
4th Gear
Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts
We picked one up for my wife last night.

The following 2 users liked this post by MrFunk:
Brainygadgetgirl (07-22-2019), sixtyplus (09-30-2019)
Old 09-28-2017, 05:28 AM
chipfiev
3rd Gear
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Looks great!

MrFunk (09-28-2017)
Old 09-28-2017, 09:00 AM
darex
5th Gear
The CarPlay is not sluggish at all. So far I haven't received any phone calls or sent any with it. I've sent a few texts instead and received several as well. Worked seamlessly for me. Navi with voice commands worked seamlessly as well. Absolutely no complaints about it so far. I'm very happy with it running on ISO 10.3. Checked all my bluetooth settings to make sure I have them running in the background all the time so there's no lag. Maybe check yours to see if that may be an issue. Cell reception was good as well.
I have an Apple watch, so my Bluetooth is always running. Which settings do you mean?

Old 09-28-2017, 09:02 AM
darex
5th Gear
Originally Posted by MrFunk
We picked one up for my wife last night.

Looks Great, Mr.Funk!

MrFunk (09-28-2017)
Old 09-28-2017, 10:07 AM
TheOriginalKonky
3rd Gear
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
love the white! Would have gotten white, but most of my other cars are white. Needed a change.

Old 09-28-2017, 11:20 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
I have an Apple watch, so my Bluetooth is always running. Which settings do you mean?
Don't have an Apple Watch, but that may be causing an issue to take control as you said.

I had a lot of apps turned off as not to drained down the battery. In my phone I went into general settings and turned the appropriate ones on to have them run in the background; i.e. iTunes, MINI Connected, iCloud, location. Think that was about it. Might have been a few more but I don't have my phone near me now.

Old 09-28-2017, 02:27 PM
MrFunk
4th Gear
Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by TheOriginalKonky
love the white! Would have gotten white, but most of my other cars are white. Needed a change.
Yeah - my S4 is white as well... My S2000 is gray though... and we were choosing between a white or light gray Countryman so we'd have two of the same color cars regardless . The white one ended up being the best optioned car on their lot - well it was also the most expensive LOL!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: F60 Now that we have a F60 area, let's have a photo thread!