F60 :: Countryman Talk (2016-2023) F60 Countryman discussion

F60 E-Sys Coding on F60?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2017, 09:03 AM
darex
5th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Jwanck11
Well, I have a usable interface, and can connect to my MINI, but cannot get to actually code anything.

It does not look like I am seeing the correct ecu blocks. All of them return the same error other than the last two in the list - and they expand and give me edit options. Any idea? I selected F60 in the launcher and 056 in the connection screen.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!
Did you right-click on the first green CAFD and select "Read Coding Data"?

Old 12-25-2017, 11:45 AM
Jwanck11
3rd Gear
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Yes, I did. The Read Code Data window comes up, and within a second, it closes and the error window comes up. I wonder if it is something with my pszdata files.

Old 12-25-2017, 02:55 PM
darex
5th Gear
Yes, I did. The Read Code Data window comes up, and within a second, it closes and the error window comes up. I wonder if it is something with my pszdata files.
I haven't used E-sys for awhile, so I'm a bit rusty myself. Are you're pszdata files definitely the latest ones?

I've been using Bimmercode mostly of late. Unless I have a compelling reason to, I might not use E-sys ever again.

The following users liked this post:
Jwanck11 (12-26-2017)
Old 12-27-2017, 04:56 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Well, I have a usable interface, and can connect to my MINI, but cannot get to actually code anything.

It does not look like I am seeing the correct ecu blocks. All of them return the same error other than the last two in the list - and they expand and give me edit options. Any idea? I selected F60 in the launcher and 056 in the connection screen.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!
First guess is that you have psdzdata files that are older than what you have in your car. Make sure you have the latest psdzdata files on your computer. 63.3 is the latest I think.

Jwanck11 (01-13-2018)
Old 01-13-2018, 05:39 PM
Jwanck11
3rd Gear
I was able to code a couple of things - including remember last drive mode which was important to me.

I could not however code disabling seat belt reminder chimes or lights. I could not find Gurtzustandsanzeige_Fahrer_GWF_GZA_FA or SeatBeltReminder_SBR_Fahrer in any of the three function sets in ACSM. Actually I have ACSM2 not ACSM. I used the search function and nothing. Any idea what I am missing?

Old 01-18-2018, 08:15 AM
MrFunk
4th Gear
Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts
I was able to code a couple of things - including remember last drive mode which was important to me.

I could not however code disabling seat belt reminder chimes or lights. I could not find Gurtzustandsanzeige_Fahrer_GWF_GZA_FA or SeatBeltReminder_SBR_Fahrer in any of the three function sets in ACSM. Actually I have ACSM2 not ACSM. I used the search function and nothing. Any idea what I am missing?
Me neither.
I had the seatbelt chime coded out previously then went in for a software update and when I went back to code it again it was gone. I even had someone with a ton of coding experience look and he couldn't find it.

Old 01-18-2018, 08:24 AM
Jwanck11
3rd Gear
I am guessing that mine was built with the update.

I went back in and found a couple of parameters that could be it, but I think it will have to be found via experimentation and Google translate!

This weekend it is supposed to warm up to 50, so the MINI will get a bath and some more coding.

If I find the way to do it, I will post up.

Old 01-28-2018, 02:22 PM
ChubbyMini
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello - has anyone switched the side marker bulb to LED ? I am getting that hyper flash - I checked on bimmercode but the LED option is already selected any ideas how to correct this? - besides putting the old bulbs back haha - TIA

Old 01-29-2018, 03:42 AM
F56-JCDub
5th Gear
Received 135 Likes on 98 Posts
You'd either need CANBUS compatible LED(s)...
or
Regular LED(s) with a resistor in place to compensate for the loss of load on the circuit...
or
LED Relay(s), which have no minimum load and don't require resistor(s).

Old 01-31-2018, 03:01 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ChubbyMini
Hello - has anyone switched the side marker bulb to LED ? I am getting that hyper flash - I checked on bimmercode but the LED option is already selected any ideas how to correct this? - besides putting the old bulbs back haha - TIA
Make sure you have hot and cold monitoring turned off via bimmercode in addition to the bulb is LED function.

Old 02-01-2018, 03:11 PM
ChubbyMini
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by f60jcw
You'd either need CANBUS compatible LED(s)...
or
Regular LED(s) with a resistor in place to compensate for the loss of load on the circuit...
or
LED Relay(s), which have no minimum load and don't require resistor(s).
Thank you for the info 👍🏼

Old 02-11-2018, 10:47 AM
DarkMiniCooperS
6th Gear
Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
I had to use eSys to get my paddle shifters retrofit working, and was not comfortable with coding so I got this cable and remote coding service and was absolutely amazed! Very professional and has done thousands of remote coding!

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F122087082218

Old 02-16-2018, 05:42 AM
darex
5th Gear
Originally Posted by ChubbyMini
Anyone swapped out the incandescent (?) back-up lights for LEDs? The yellow lamps are out of place with the very LED-look of the other lamps at night.

Which bulbs did you use, and were there any issues?

Old 02-16-2018, 03:18 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Originally Posted by darex
Anyone swapped out the incandescent (?) back-up lights for LEDs? The yellow lamps are out of place with the very LED-look of the other lamps at night.

I used the brightest Cree LED white bulbs I could find - not even CANBUS. Used ESYS to code out cold/warm checks and set as LED to prevent hyper-flashing and random flashes.

Old 02-16-2018, 11:22 PM
pw1114
2nd Gear
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I bought these for my clubman during an ecs tuning sale. I would assume they would work on countryman as well.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ziza-par...023563ziz01kt/

Old 02-17-2018, 07:31 AM
darex
5th Gear
Originally Posted by siriuszero
I used the brightest Cree LED white bulbs I could find - not even CANBUS. Used ESYS to code out cold/warm checks and set as LED to prevent hyper-flashing and random flashes.
Going to do just as you suggest. Thanks!

Can you code out specifically for the back-up lamps?

Old 02-17-2018, 10:04 AM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Going to do just as you suggest. Thanks!

Can you code out specifically for the back-up lamps?
Yes. These are the parameters to change (I think):
RFS_L_IS_LED to aktiv
RFS_L_KALTUEBERWACHUNG to nicht_aktiv
RFS_L_WARMUEBERWACHUNG to nicht_aktiv
RFS_R_IS_LED to aktiv
RFS_R_KALTUEBERWACHUNG to nicht_aktiv
RFS_R_WARMUEBERWACHUNG to nicht_aktiv

Old 02-20-2018, 06:32 AM
MrFunk
4th Gear
Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts
Yes. These are the parameters to change (I think):
RFS_L_IS_LED to aktiv
RFS_L_KALTUEBERWACHUNG to nicht_aktiv
RFS_L_WARMUEBERWACHUNG to nicht_aktiv
RFS_R_IS_LED to aktiv
RFS_R_KALTUEBERWACHUNG to nicht_aktiv
RFS_R_WARMUEBERWACHUNG to nicht_aktiv
What about rear brake lights & turn lights? Those really need LED's. I can't believe they didn't use em in this car for everything.

Old 02-20-2018, 08:27 AM
darex
5th Gear
Originally Posted by MrFunk
What about rear brake lights & turn lights? Those really need LED's. I can't believe they didn't use em in this car for everything.
I agree! It's not just BMW. So many brands cherrypick which lights to make LED, and which not. Surely, beyond the headlamps, it's no longer a question of cost!

Our car gives off a very "LED-lit" overall appearance at night. Seems a shame to not have utilized LEDs for the remaining 15% of bulbs.

I'm a bit wary of doing the "flashing" lights, like turn signals, since those are the riskiest to successfully swap out without issues.

Old 02-21-2018, 02:05 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MrFunk
I don't have the full parameters, but it's:
Front turn signal lights:
***_V_L_IS_LED
***_V_L_KALTUEBERWACHUNG
***_V_L_WARMUEBERWACHUNG
***_V_R_IS_LED
***_V_R_KALTUEBERWACHUNG
***_V_R_WARMUEBERWACHUNG

Rear Turn signal lights:
***_H_L_IS_LED
***_H_L_KALTUEBERWACHUNG
***_H_L_WARMUEBERWACHUNG
***_H_R_IS_LED
***_H_R_KALTUEBERWACHUNG
***_H_R_WARMUEBERWACHUNG

I don't have the rear brake light codes at all, but I'm sure it's something similar.

I agree! It's not just BMW. So many brands cherrypick which lights to make LED, and which not. Surely, beyond the headlamps, it's no longer a question of cost!

Our car gives off a very "LED-lit" overall appearance at night. Seems a shame to not have utilized LEDs for the remaining 15% of bulbs.

I'm a bit wary of doing the "flashing" lights, like turn signals, since those are the riskiest to successfully swap out without issues.
Well it seems the LCI F56/F55/F57 are going full LED, so that's a step in the right direction I guess. Wondering when the F54 and F60 get the full LED treatment.

Old 02-21-2018, 02:46 PM
darex
5th Gear
I don't have the full parameters, but it's:
Front turn signal lights:
***_V_L_IS_LED
***_V_L_KALTUEBERWACHUNG
***_V_L_WARMUEBERWACHUNG
***_V_R_IS_LED
***_V_R_KALTUEBERWACHUNG
***_V_R_WARMUEBERWACHUNG

Rear Turn signal lights:
***_H_L_IS_LED
***_H_L_KALTUEBERWACHUNG
***_H_L_WARMUEBERWACHUNG
***_H_R_IS_LED
***_H_R_KALTUEBERWACHUNG
***_H_R_WARMUEBERWACHUNG

I don't have the rear brake light codes at all, but I'm sure it's something similar.Well it seems the LCI F56/F55/F57 are going full LED, so that's a step in the right direction I guess. Wondering when the F54 and F60 get the full LED treatment.
Yes, but if it means having to have Union Jacks for brake lights, no thanks! I don't even like having it on my MINI Yours steering wheel. It's phony, and dishonest. Our car is German (or Dutch, if you want to be literal about it). MINI stopped being "English" a long time ago.

Old 02-24-2018, 09:38 AM
Rogervand
Neutral
Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Parking Sensors

Hey Everyone. Loving my F60 and am starting to play around with the coding. Your posts are very helpful. I’m wondering if anyone here has experience turning off the rear proximity sensors? I have added a small hitch for my kayak trailer, but it triggers the rear sensors. It does turn off eventually, but I would like to just turn them off altogether. Any help would be aappreciated. Thanks.

Old 02-24-2018, 05:30 PM
ChubbyMini
3rd Gear
Disregard I had set the interior lights not to come on when I opened the door and that deactivated all the welcoming lights. hello - not sure if this has anything to do with the OBD & bimmercode i did but it my MINI puddle light from the drivers mirror and door handles have stopped working - has anyone else come across this issue?

Last edited by ChubbyMini; 02-24-2018 at 05:47 PM. Reason: found out what I did wrong
Old 03-06-2018, 01:51 PM
Miniminic
3rd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Anybody got BimmerCode working on the phev with Bluetooth vgate pro?
In my car i get all kimds of errors. Tried it on the loaner x1 and friends F30. Both work perfectly... does the car maybe have to run on the engine alone?
Also anybody got esys working with the latest launcher premium 2.8? Mine installs ok but doesnt open up.
Running it on mac with emulated windows.

Old 03-07-2018, 06:31 AM
trentiles
4th Gear
Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Miniminic
Anybody got BimmerCode working on the phev with Bluetooth vgate pro?
In my car i get all kimds of errors. Tried it on the loaner x1 and friends F30. Both work perfectly... does the car maybe have to run on the engine alone?
Also anybody got esys working with the latest launcher premium 2.8? Mine installs ok but doesnt open up.
Running it on mac with emulated windows.
You cannot use launcher premium to launch esys within a VM. The only way it will work on a mac is to install windows within bootcamp and boot directly into windows.

CountrymanMINIac (04-27-2018)

Quick Reply: F60 E-Sys Coding on F60?