F60 :: Countryman Talk (2016-2023) F60 Countryman discussion

F60 F60 Hybrid - Production Number and Build Date Assigned

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 06:51 PM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts
F60 Hybrid - Production Number and Build Date Assigned

Dealer called with exciting news after he updated his initial stock order yesterday Ethel was assigned a production number and build week today. Build is week of May 22nd. I thanked him for being so on top of getting the order modified and updated to customer order so it bumped to priority 1.

He thinks he can still make changes to the order on Monday but she will be locked after that. She is pretty well loaded.

PDF of Options spec sheet is attached.

Attached Thumbnails F60 Hybrid - Production Number and Build Date Assigned-fullsizeoutput_4c7.jpeg  
Attached Files
Old 05-15-2017, 01:24 PM
wildone3c
Coordinator :: Gulf South Motoring
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh wow you got lucky! I was first on my dealers allocations on Friday when they started taking them and their first build date for my dealer was mid June production.

Old 05-15-2017, 03:47 PM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
Congrats on your order. The dealer reconfigured his order for me on a Thursday at that point it was an August build. Then on Friday it was a priority 1 customer order and it bumped to the week of the 22nd, Now I am scrambling to get 240 run to the garage.

Old 05-15-2017, 03:51 PM
joylove
5th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by MIminiclubman
Now I am scrambling to get 240 run to the garage.
I survived for 6 months with 120V for my i3 (battery only). There was only one occasion where I wished for a fast charger and then i just jumped into our gasoline car.

I only eventually installed 240V because I excitedly ordered a charger and it was too late to return it.

Before you spend $1000 on the install make sure you need it. The Mini battery is tiny.

Old 05-15-2017, 07:33 PM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
Originally Posted by joylove
I survived for 6 months with 120V for my i3 (battery only). There was only one occasion where I wished for a fast charger and then i just jumped into our gasoline car.

I only eventually installed 240V because I excitedly ordered a charger and it was too late to return it.

Before you spend $1000 on the install make sure you need it. The Mini battery is tiny.
Thank you for the advice. I have lots of 110 outlets in the garage and as long as it charges overnight I should be fine. In the excitement as you said it's easy to rush off and waste money.

Old 05-16-2017, 11:24 AM
murphwave
Neutral
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We put a deposit on one and also have a production number. It wasn't very clear what all of the options were when filling out the order form. Anyone know if the All4 Exterior Package is the one that makes the front and back bumpers black (versus the body color)?

Old 05-16-2017, 08:30 PM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
It is a little of flying blind configuring and ordering right now. On the All4 S you have to add the exterior Sport package for black bumpers don't know if it's the same same for the SE

Old 05-18-2017, 04:27 PM
SPF ZERO
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PDF of Options spec sheet is attached.
Thanks for sharing your spec sheet. I' trying to decide whether to grab my dealer's allocation now, or wait a little. The interesting thing on your sheet is that under "ZPP PHEV Premium Package n/c" there's a line for the "402 Panoramic Moonroof n/c." My dealer's rep told me that the moonroof was an extra $1000.

Other than a bit of uncertainty about options and prices, my other reason to think about waiting to order is the report on MotoringFile that, "From July 2017, all new MINI models will feature an enhanced cockpit instrument with a new night design and a fuel level display that offers greater precision. Operation of MINI Driving Modes and MINI Head-Up Display will also be revised. In a brand first, MINI Clubman and MINI Countryman will offer Apple CarPlay..." If that's coming with July and later builds, I may want to wait another 6 weeks.

Old 05-18-2017, 05:24 PM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
Obsolete already and it's not even built.

Old 05-20-2017, 08:23 AM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
Now that Ethel is in production and we have her VIN I was able to get the decoder sheet. I know there has been so what is standard what is an option questions since the configurator is still not live. And when the dealer set her up we were pretty sure but not 100% sure we would have everything we wanted.

Looks we got everything we wanted on her.

First big tech question will be how to kill option 4U9 which is a speaker that sounds like an engine but is actually louder than an engine. It is not legally required until 2019.

Attached Thumbnails F60 Hybrid - Production Number and Build Date Assigned-ethel-s-spec-by-vin.jpg  
Old 05-20-2017, 01:37 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
It is a little of flying blind configuring and ordering right now. On the All4 S you have to add the exterior Sport package for black bumpers don't know if it's the same same for the SE
ALL4 Styling Trim is a $500 option on the PHEV and just like the S ALL4 adds the black front and rear bumper trim

Originally Posted by SPF ZERO
Thanks for sharing your spec sheet. I' trying to decide whether to grab my dealer's allocation now, or wait a little. The interesting thing on your sheet is that under "ZPP PHEV Premium Package n/c" there's a line for the "402 Panoramic Moonroof n/c." My dealer's rep told me that the moonroof was an extra $1000.
Guessing for cost, but on the SE, moonroof is not standard and is a paid option. Hence the "PHEV Premium Package" to differentiate it from the normal Premium Package that the other F60s get.

Now that Ethel is in production and we have her VIN I was able to get the decoder sheet. I know there has been so what is standard what is an option questions since the configurator is still not live. And when the dealer set her up we were pretty sure but not 100% sure we would have everything we wanted.

Looks we got everything we wanted on her.

First big tech question will be how to kill option 4U9 which is a speaker that sounds like an engine but is actually louder than an engine. It is not legally required until 2019.
One thing I noticed that isn't standard on the SE are Sport Seats. The flatter, Cooper seats are standard and the more bolstered seats with the thigh extender is a $300 standalone option (481).

4U9 refers to the a speaker that is not louder than the engine but it does emit kind of a higher pitched whine when in full electric mode so pedestrians can hear your car. As a pedestrian, I appreciate this feature because I have almost walked right behind a Prius backing up because I didn't hear it.

You can hear what it sounds like here:

Old 05-20-2017, 01:39 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
Leave the 4U9 alone or if you happen to hit a pedestrian be prepared for a lawsuit, legally required or not.

Old 05-20-2017, 02:12 PM
Cyb3r H3x
Neutral
Originally Posted by joylove

Agree. I have owned two Leaf's, Volt and now a i3 and have never needed 240v at home. 110 works sufficiently don't buy into all the hype of needing it. On occasion I use the free charging card BMW provided for level 2, not that I need just as a reminder that I can.

Also if your in Georgia, make sure the people who do the tag and title registeration at the dealership know how to code your new Mini PHEV. If its coded as a hybrid will not be able to get an AFV license plate for your car (which you need if you want free, single-occupant access to the state's HOV lanes), and if you do then you will be assessed the $200 EV fee. Also it's a pain to get it changed afterwards. Here is a Redit discussion about it: https://www.reddit.com/r/volt/comments/453eld/volt_registration_in_georgia_and_the_alternative/

Last edited by Cyb3r H3x; 05-20-2017 at 05:31 PM. Reason: added info for Ga PHEV title and tag registration
Old 05-20-2017, 02:49 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
The F60 should charge from 0% to 100% in about 7-8 hours on 110v and about half that for 240V. I, personally, would just stick with 110v, especially considering the car is capable of running off gas and charging itself up if needed.

Old 05-21-2017, 08:01 AM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
Based on the feedback I have put the 240V at home option on hold. I can spend the $1,000 on more things for the Mini, Driving Lights, Mud Flaps, Real Winter floor mats.

The good bolstered seats in non-leather with memory were a must have for my Spousal Unit.

I watched a video on the picnic bench which is not an option but standard on the SE and it seems useful. I put clear protection on my current bumper and still drop a blanket over hanging the back bumper when the pups are getting in and out. May still put clear protection on can just flip out the picnic bench also. Have had times where I have gone to things where I take my boots and change them or before a Packer game where it could be handy.

Old 05-21-2017, 12:54 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Apparently spare tire isn't an option due to the change in cargo area with the battery packs. Guess that makes sense.

Old 05-24-2017, 09:51 AM
murphwave
Neutral
Does anyone else have a production date yet? We are stuck in Status-111 "Order Accepted at AG". We still don't have final pricing either.

Old 05-24-2017, 06:05 PM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
Checked on mine today it is in started production status with estimated completion of June 2nd.

Old 05-24-2017, 07:24 PM
murphwave
Neutral
Should I have concerns if I have been "Order Accepted at AG" status for over a week? Status 111?

Old 05-24-2017, 07:58 PM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
Mine was in that status all of last week through Friday and then on Saturday it had a vin and was scheduled production. Production scheduling is tough with all of the options since certain options like HUD and wheels and electric seats and PHEV parts etc will all have weekly maximums from suppliers so they have to balance all of that as they slot production.

Old 05-25-2017, 03:34 AM
Cyb3r H3x
Neutral
Mini PHEV Review

I've search the Internet high and low for a drive review and found this. It's tempting to pre order but I need to drive it before I commit.
http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-rev...hybrid-review/

Last edited by Cyb3r H3x; 05-25-2017 at 03:38 AM. Reason: Added hyperlink
Old 05-25-2017, 03:20 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Got to see one at my local dealer this week. They weren't allowing drives since it was a pre-production unit, but I got to sit in it and ask the MINI corporate employee driving it some questions.

Couple things I didn't know:
- back seats sit an inch higher. I'm 6'0" and if I was much taller or had floofier hair, I'd be skimming the headliner...
- Cargo area is the same except under the flat load floor. You get about half the space due to the motor. Still enough room for jumper cables, first aid kit, but definitely not fitting much under there.
- Driving range is rated at 12 miles on all electric, but he said he's stretched it to about 18 miles. Depends on conditions and driving style.

Old 05-25-2017, 06:20 PM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
Hopefully the slime kit and compressor fit under the rear floor. Miles about half on electric as advertised sounds about right.

Old 05-29-2017, 03:39 PM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Pre-order

Just placed a $1000 deposit to preorder one for the July build and it will be expected in production in the 1st week of July. CarPlay is part of the pre-order and I heard that the mode year of Countryman built in or after July will be 2018. The MPG is 43 and Carplay won't be available for Countryman orders in or before June

My pre-order is the same as MIMiniclubman except color (Thunder Gray). 481 (Cooper S Sport Seats) is standard and the Moonroof is part of the Premium Package

Last edited by pyuhlu; 05-29-2017 at 06:39 PM.
Old 05-29-2017, 05:12 PM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
Pyuhlu,

Congrats. Is this your first Mini? The wait and tracking is the fun part. Mine should start to make the move from Born to Zeebrugge to wait for a ship this week.