F60 :: Countryman Talk (2016-2023) F60 Countryman discussion

F60 F60 Hybrid - Production Number and Build Date Assigned

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 06:29 PM
SPF ZERO
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chargepoint home charger on sale

$100 off through 9/17. Has anyone tried these? I'm still months away from delivery...

https://www.chargepoint.com/products/home/ndew/

Old 09-14-2017, 06:55 PM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by SPF ZERO
$100 off through 9/17. Has anyone tried these? I'm still months away from delivery...

I think the 110V charger from SE is enough if the car is charged overnight at home

I may suggest buy a portable 110/220V charger with a longer cable. Some charging stations and public parking lots provide 110/220V outlets for free charging. Just leave the 110V charger from SE for home users and use the dual charger for outdoors. If you want a fast charging at home, you can have someone install a 220V outlet near the garage door so that you can charge the car with the dual voltage charger indoor or ourdoor

Last edited by pyuhlu; 09-14-2017 at 07:15 PM.
Old 09-15-2017, 02:02 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm going to see how the charging with the 110 works for me at home. Most likely will have a 220 outlet installed in the near future.

Old 09-27-2017, 07:34 AM
SPF ZERO
4th Gear
More delays from MINI

Ok, this is getting ridiculous. I put down my deposit on a Mini Countryman SE in May, at that point I was allocation #1 from my dealer. After hearing about the July “refresh” we held off on the official order until June 22 to ensure a July production.

Beginning of July I received a production number from the dealer along with screen shots of their ordering system showing “8/2017” production.

Early August I called ASK-MINI to see if I could get more details on production and was told it was scheduled for week of October 9. No reason available for the delay from August to October. Dealer system was still showing 8/2017.

Yesterday i called ASK-MINI again for an update. This time they said they have NO production scheduling info in their system. According to the rep, “that field is blank in our system.” Called the dealer and talked to the Sales Manager (MA was off Tuesday/Wednesday). He says this has happened to multiple customers, with orders being scheduled for production out of sequence and some orders mysteriously “losing” their scheduling.

Hes is working with his regional rep to get more info. Needless to say I’m not a happy camper.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:15 AM
Snurfer
2nd Gear
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Ok, this is getting ridiculous. I put down my deposit on a Mini Countryman SE in May, at that point I was allocation #1 from my dealer. After hearing about the July “refresh” we held off on the official order until June 22 to ensure a July production.

Beginning of July I received a production number from the dealer along with screen shots of their ordering system showing “8/2017” production.

Early August I called ASK-MINI to see if I could get more details on production and was told it was scheduled for week of October 9. No reason available for the delay from August to October. Dealer system was still showing 8/2017.

Yesterday i called ASK-MINI again for an update. This time they said they have NO production scheduling info in their system. According to the rep, “that field is blank in our system.” Called the dealer and talked to the Sales Manager (MA was off Tuesday/Wednesday). He says this has happened to multiple customers, with orders being scheduled for production out of sequence and some orders mysteriously “losing” their scheduling.

Hes is working with his regional rep to get more info. Needless to say I’m not a happy camper.
Wow, sorry to hear that! I'm in a similar timeline with you as far as ordering is concerned and my anticpated build date was originally week 44, but has since moved to week 42 (Oct. 15th). I just called Ask-Mini to confirm I didn't have the same issue as you.

Hopefully you are added on to the same production run as mine!

Old 09-27-2017, 09:49 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear

Oh NO!!! That's really awful I hope that you will have a production date soon. I would be very upset as well!

Old 09-27-2017, 03:53 PM
SPF ZERO
4th Gear
Delay, Delay, Delay - looking for advice

Ok guys, my order saga is getting worse. Hoping for some advice from the folks who have received their SE Countryman...

Talked to the Sales Manager at my dealer today, after he spoke with his district manager. As of this morning, MINI had my Countryman scheduled to deliver in FEBRUARY 2018! After they talked they were able to "expedite it" for delivery in DECEMBER 2017 (6 months after I ordered).

Now I'm wondering if I should simply cancel the order (yes, I would get my deposit back).

How "wonderous" is the Countryman SE? I know if has VERY limited electric range... should I wait? Buy something else? Just be frustrated and hope that it actually DOES deliver in December? With so many other manufacturers coming out with true electric cars over the next couple of years (including MINI), I'm wondering if this is a sign that I should look for something else.

I know I'm talking to the true believers here, but I'm interested in your thoughts.

Old 09-27-2017, 06:04 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Ok guys, my order saga is getting worse. Hoping for some advice from the folks who have received their SE Countryman...

Talked to the Sales Manager at my dealer today, after he spoke with his district manager. As of this morning, MINI had my Countryman scheduled to deliver in FEBRUARY 2018! After they talked they were able to "expedite it" for delivery in DECEMBER 2017 (6 months after I ordered).

Now I'm wondering if I should simply cancel the order (yes, I would get my deposit back).

How "wonderous" is the Countryman SE? I know if has VERY limited electric range... should I wait? Buy something else? Just be frustrated and hope that it actually DOES deliver in December? With so many other manufacturers coming out with true electric cars over the next couple of years (including MINI), I'm wondering if this is a sign that I should look for something else.

I know I'm talking to the true believers here, but I'm interested in your thoughts.
I would be angry and frustrated as well, but it would not be a deal breaker for me. So far (had it for 4 days) it has exceeded my expectations. Sure I would love it to have a 24/mi range but I live in the country and work from home, so the limited battery range is fine for me. Even if I had to 20+/mi commute daily to and from work, I still would have purchased it. I was already interested in buying a hybrid. Timing was right with the SE roll out and I got lucky.

I love the smooth gas/electric transition, the ride, handling, upgraded interior materials and upgraded technology package. I was willing to wait 5 - 6 months for it initially if a slot did not open up. As I still own an R53 which never gave me a day of grief or unreliability, I am bias of the brand. It still has not lost the MINI character and uniqueness and still puts a smile on my face. I love driving it!

I'm sure the buyers and dealers are just as frustrated about the limited supply available, but that was BMW's plan for the limited roll out.

If this happened to me, I would stick it out because for me there wasn't another hybrid in the class that interested me.

Hoping for the best outcome for you!

Old 09-28-2017, 01:02 PM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Just got it from an authorized BMW dealer with a good price

It is a dual voltage charger and sold for $499 (MSRP) at Mini and BMW dealers

Last edited by pyuhlu; 09-28-2017 at 01:35 PM.
Old 10-01-2017, 11:50 AM
gtmotor
2nd Gear
My wife and I test drove an SE yesterday just for fun and it FAR exceeded my expectations. So much so that I almost bought the fully loaded one off of the lot.

For those waiting... I say it's worth it. It's a weird (fantastic) combination of Lexus quiet with MINI character. The power was downright surprising... I was expecting typical hybrid behavior but NOPE. The Countryman SE pulls and pulls!! It's not fast but it's shockingly smooth (bad pun). My eyes were as big as saucers after one freeway run. Just for reference: We have an F56 right now and I've owned an R53/R56 so I'm fairly familiar with MINI as a brand.
I'm absolutely convinced we will be buying one of these, even though we have 2 reservations in on the Tesla Model 3 I think we'll remain a MINI family and let one of the Tesla reservations go. My one test drive was that convincing

Old 10-01-2017, 12:26 PM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Deleted

Last edited by pyuhlu; 10-01-2017 at 12:53 PM.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:31 PM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Welcome the SE world.

Dont compare it with Model 3. The battery on SE is small and you can expect only 20 miles for cities. However, it is fun to drive for the combination of the Mini's unique character and the high tech

It is the 5th week to drive SE with the average of 60 mpg and 1.5 tanks of gas consumed

Last edited by pyuhlu; 10-01-2017 at 12:55 PM.
Old 10-01-2017, 02:24 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by pyuhlu
Welcome the SE world.

Dont compare it with Model 3. The battery on SE is small and you can expect only 20 miles for cities. However, it is fun to drive for the combination of the Mini's unique character and the high tech

It is the 5th week to drive SE with the average of 60 mpg and 1.5 tanks of gas consumed
You're doing really good with overall energy consumption! I'm afraid I'm not going to post my first results I've been having WAY too much fun in Sport mode/Save Battery on the twisty country roads most of the week!! Started off really good but that rapidly fell away after two days I've put 300 miles on it so far and have 1/4 tank left. Live in the country and rarely drive into city but I do use the electric mode when going into town shopping areas.

On my first fill-up, I'm making the commitment to drive greener!.....and not over the speed limit!

Old 10-10-2017, 04:57 PM
SPF ZERO
4th Gear
My how things have changed...

Its amazing how much things can change when you raise hell about production delays!

My last update (9/26) was that my SE was scheduled for production in February 2018 (lots of delays, ordered in June). I raised hell with the dealer who in turn raised hell with MINI USA. On Sept 27 I got a call saying that they had "pushed up" my production to December.

Today I called ASK MINI to see if there was any production update, and it is scheduled to COMPLETE production tomorrow!! It actually entered production on Sep 28!

So, hopefully I'll be on the Oct 15 or Oct 22 ship out of Zeebrugge, and at home by end of November!

Also, one other note for everyone else who is waiting: when I called ASK MINI, they transferred me to "the electric team" (which is actually BMW's "iTeam"). They gave me a direct phone number for all BMW and MINI Hybrid vehicles: 855-236-1025. Thought I would share.

Last edited by SPF ZERO; 10-10-2017 at 05:13 PM.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:17 PM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Great that you will get yours soon

Old 10-11-2017, 03:35 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Its amazing how much things can change when you raise hell about production delays!

My last update (9/26) was that my SE was scheduled for production in February 2018 (lots of delays, ordered in June). I raised hell with the dealer who in turn raised hell with MINI USA. On Sept 27 I got a call saying that they had "pushed up" my production to December.

Today I called ASK MINI to see if there was any production update, and it is scheduled to COMPLETE production tomorrow!! It actually entered production on Sep 28!

So, hopefully I'll be on the Oct 15 or Oct 22 ship out of Zeebrugge, and at home by end of November!

Also, one other note for everyone else who is waiting: when I called ASK MINI, they transferred me to "the electric team" (which is actually BMW's "iTeam"). They gave me a direct phone number for all BMW and MINI Hybrid vehicles: 855-236-1025. Thought I would share.
That is FANTASTIC I'm glad you raised hell and stayed on top of it! Thanks for sharing the direct # to the "iTeam" as well

Keep us updated on your progress and hope you are on the earliest vessel out of Zeebrugge

Old 10-22-2017, 04:32 PM
hemanthpai
Neutral

hey - what's the benefits of using this cable instead of the one that comes with the car? How long does the car take to charge with this cable vs the one that comes with the car?

Old 10-22-2017, 05:20 PM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
You can charge the car with it via either 110V or 220V. It has a longer cable (about 20 ft) so that My car can be charged inside or outside the garage. I plan to have someone install a 220V outlet for faster charge. Normally it takes 2.5 hours via 220V and 3.5-4 hours via 110V. I use the enclosed charger while traveling. The charger seems to be more durable than the one come with the car

Last edited by pyuhlu; 10-22-2017 at 05:28 PM.
Old 11-01-2017, 04:40 PM
SPF ZERO
4th Gear
You can charge the car with it via either 110V or 220V. It has a longer cable (about 20 ft) so that My car can be charged inside or outside the garage. I plan to have someone install a 220V outlet for faster charge. Normally it takes 2.5 hours via 220V and 3.5-4 hours via 110V. I use the enclosed charger while traveling. The charger seems to be more durable than the one come with the car
Does either charger (std or this 220) come with an information sheet that says anything about the electrical requirements? Amperage of the circuit required, amount of draw, plug type, etc? The wiring in my garage kinda sucks (a jig saw can blow the circuit) and I'm going to have an electrician work on it. But right now I have no idea what I need!

(I'm 3-4 weeks from delivery)

Thanks for any info any of the current owners can provide.

Old 11-01-2017, 06:13 PM
Snurfer
2nd Gear
This wait is killing me. Any others out there who are expecting production to begin any day? I was expecting week Nov 12th production based on Ask Mini, but all of the sudden they changed the story when I called today to something like ‘production pending, dated 10/13’.

Old 11-02-2017, 03:35 PM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts
This has details on the charger shows plug types etc.

Dedicated 20amp 240v circuit.

https://www.minicharging.com/

Old 11-11-2017, 09:32 AM
SPF ZERO
4th Gear

I bought this from Sterling BMW in CA, through their ebay sales. Brand new, $375, no sales tax or shipping charges!

Old 11-11-2017, 09:34 AM
SPF ZERO
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Snurfer
This wait is killing me. Any others out there who are expecting production to begin any day? I was expecting week Nov 12th production based on Ask Mini, but all of the sudden they changed the story when I called today to something like ‘production pending, dated 10/13’.
Any updates? my Mini is on board the Don Quijote heading for Port Hueneme CA. Passed through the Panama Canal yesterday.

Old 11-11-2017, 09:56 AM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
I bought this from Sterling BMW in CA, through their ebay sales. Brand new, $375, no sales tax or shipping charges!

I got it from the same seller for $385 plus 8% ebay bucks at ebay. $375 still is a good price and the charger comes with a 2-year warranty from BMW. The charger is an OEM from Air Vironment (http://www.evsolutions.com/turbocord)

Last edited by pyuhlu; 11-11-2017 at 10:03 AM.
Old 11-11-2017, 10:25 AM
Snurfer
2nd Gear
Mine me has been delayed again. Now they are saying week 47, third week of November, due to delays in availability of some options.

Im doubtful that I will receive by December 31st and that has me nervous about loosing out on the $4K tax rebate due to the proposed house bill. Not a happy camper. I ordered in July!

Any updates? my Mini is on board the Don Quijote heading for Port Hueneme CA. Passed through the Panama Canal yesterday.