F60 :: Countryman Talk (2016-2023) F60 Countryman discussion

F60 F60 Hybrid - Production Number and Build Date Assigned

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 12:52 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by darex
This makes no sense! Why would my dealership tell me a tale about ADA on my custom build? I don't get it!!!
I was concerned about a 6 month delay when I read what your dealership had told you. Called Ask MINI a few weeks ago and they said they hadn't heard of any issues ordering the ADA and neither had my dealership. Just received confirmation of accepted order the other day as I was on a wait list for another slot to open up for the SE. Will take approximately another week or so to get a production # but no knowledge that there is a problem/delays when choosing the ADA option.

I would call ASK MINI and/or speak with your MA to see if you can get this straightened out before it goes into production. Hope you can get this resolved.

Old 08-05-2017, 03:24 PM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Now 3 dealers in the DC area have more SEs with fully loaded. However, all were built before this July. This is, they don't have Apple CarPlay and revised features

My dealer said the next available slot for SE is six months later

Last edited by pyuhlu; 08-06-2017 at 07:00 AM.
Old 08-05-2017, 04:24 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by pyuhlu
Now 3 dealers in the DC area have more SEs with full loaded. However, all were built before this July. This is, they don't have Apple CarPlay and revised features

My dealer said the next available slot for SE is six months later
There may have been a cut-off date for orders with this feature then.

Old 08-09-2017, 01:28 PM
Snurfer
2nd Gear
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Going to production soooon!

I just received a text from my MA saying:

'Your order has been accepted and is going to start being built shortly. Will let you know when I have an estimated production date!'

I guess that means I'm one step closer. I'll keep ya'll posted on any developments.

Old 08-09-2017, 01:35 PM
SPF ZERO
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Snurfer

'Your order has been accepted and is going to start being built shortly. Will let you know when I have an estimated production date!'

I guess that means I'm one step closer. I'll keep ya'll posted on any developments.
Congrats to you!

We passed on the first slot we were offered in late May to make sure we got a post July 1 build. Officially placed the order on June 23, still waiting for it to get picked up and scheduled...

Old 08-09-2017, 01:35 PM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Does anyone know if Mini will provide the information about the access to charging stations? I already got an account from SemaConnect. Many charging stations around my area provide the free charging

Last edited by pyuhlu; 08-09-2017 at 01:42 PM.
Old 08-09-2017, 03:47 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear

Congratulations! Still waiting for production date for mine as well. Did you get a VIN yet?

Old 08-09-2017, 04:14 PM
Snurfer
2nd Gear
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Islandbluemini
Congratulations! Still waiting for production date for mine as well. Did you get a VIN yet?
Thanks! No order number or VIN yet. Hopefully soon.

Anyone know how long the F60s typically take for production to delivery?

Old 08-09-2017, 04:29 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear

The wait is killing me now Read a post recently from an MA on this site, but can't remember which thread. He said approximately 10 -12 weeks. So I'm thinking production may be 1st week in September for production start date. I don't get too crazed with the waiting

Old 08-09-2017, 07:47 PM
Rodney Comegys
Neutral
so you will like this one - dealership still hasn't given me a status after 3 weeks, but through twitter complained to MiniUSA who after a week or so just gave me an production number with a mid-October production date. Very frustrated when I started at the dealers - asked how long, answer "car would be here by end of October." Why are are car dealers so bad???

Guess good news is the PHEV is at least on order!!!

Old 08-09-2017, 10:40 PM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear

Mine was built completely on 7/13 and is expected to be delivered at the dealership on 8/24. It will take around 6 weeks from production to delivery including 2 weeks' waiting for next vessel

Old 08-10-2017, 01:16 PM
SPF ZERO
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Rodney Comegys
so you will like this one - dealership still hasn't given me a status after 3 weeks, but through twitter complained to MiniUSA who after a week or so just gave me an production number with a mid-October production date. Very frustrated when I started at the dealers - asked how long, answer "car would be here by end of October." Why are are car dealers so bad???

Guess good news is the PHEV is at least on order!!!
I'm at 6 weeks since order. Dealer has no updates, and here's what MINIUSA told me: "There’s been a lot of excitement about our first plug-in hybrid MINI & our factory is working hard to keep up with worldwide demand."

Old 08-10-2017, 01:25 PM
Benibiker
6th Gear
Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts
Tesla buyers have to wait a year or longer!!

Old 08-10-2017, 02:02 PM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by SPF ZERO
I'm at 6 weeks since order. Dealer has no updates, and here's what MINIUSA told me: "There’s been a lot of excitement about our first plug-in hybrid MINI & our factory is working hard to keep up with worldwide demand."
You may need to push your dealership to find any slot with Mini like I did

Old 08-10-2017, 04:18 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Not even a confirmation that your order was accepted? Have you been waiting for a slot to open? Sure hope you hear something soon. At least I got a confirmation that my order has been accepted. Still waiting to hear back for production date and hopefully get a VIN at the same time.

I read that 510 SE's were sold last month outside the US compared to 75 sold in July in the US. That should be enough to gear up a full production I would think.

Old 08-10-2017, 04:30 PM
SPF ZERO
4th Gear
Got a screenshot from the dealer today. Confirms order accepted, and I now have a production number (this seems to be new info). No date shown for production, but another screen says "08/2017" so hopefully something will happen this month.

Tried putting the production number into the Mini Owners Lounge website, but it says:

FOR A NEW OWNER, YOU'RE PRETTY QUICK ON THE DRAW.

So quick, in fact, that it seems you’ve beaten our system to the punch. It can take up to a few days for orders to move through our database, so chances are yours is right around the corner. Try again in a few days, but if you still have a problem, double-check your production number with your dealer.

Old 08-10-2017, 05:00 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Got a screenshot from the dealer today. Confirms order accepted, and I now have a production number (this seems to be new info). No date shown for production, but another screen says "08/2017" so hopefully something will happen this month.

Tried putting the production number into the Mini Owners Lounge website, but it says:

FOR A NEW OWNER, YOU'RE PRETTY QUICK ON THE DRAW.

So quick, in fact, that it seems you’ve beaten our system to the punch. It can take up to a few days for orders to move through our database, so chances are yours is right around the corner. Try again in a few days, but if you still have a problem, double-check your production number with your dealer.
That's a positive step forward Keep us posted on updates

Old 08-11-2017, 07:31 PM
SPF ZERO
4th Gear
That's a positive step forward Keep us posted on updates
Dealer's info still says August, but MINIUSA emailed me today to say the "production is scheduled for early October."

Sounds like it will be a Christmas present. Serves me right for saying I wasn't in a hurry. Oh well, I'll still have plenty of time before MTTS 2018!

Old 08-12-2017, 02:54 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Dealer's info still says August, but MINIUSA emailed me today to say the "production is scheduled for early October."

Sounds like it will be a Christmas present. Serves me right for saying I wasn't in a hurry. Oh well, I'll still have plenty of time before MTTS 2018!
Have a feeling now that may be the scenario for the rest of us still waiting for production date. Keeping slim hope that maybe the October production date may be moved forward, but then I'm an optimist I was depending on delivery before the snow flies here! Maybe not

Old 08-14-2017, 07:04 AM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
New video from Mini USA

The following users liked this post:
Islandbluemini (08-14-2017)
Old 08-16-2017, 05:46 AM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
eDrive Modes

The following users liked this post:
Islandbluemini (08-17-2017)
Old 08-16-2017, 07:03 PM
SPF ZERO
4th Gear
Have a feeling now that may be the scenario for the rest of us still waiting for production date. Keeping slim hope that maybe the October production date may be moved forward, but then I'm an optimist I was depending on delivery before the snow flies here! Maybe not
I called ASK MINI yesterday to see if I can get any additional info. The rep there said that his system "shows production start sometime in August" and then told me that "production should take 8-10 weeks" - apparently my Countryman is being built by hand! (sarcasm) That puts it at mid October completion, kinda in line with what MINI told me via email.

He told me I should be able to register on the Owners Lounge "any day now" and that I should check back in a few days. I laughed and said that I'm checking 2-3 times per day!

Old 08-16-2017, 09:06 PM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Will SE come with a 110V charger or a dual 110V/220V one? I saw a dual one come with the stock SE at my dealership

The vessel will arrive at the Port of Baltimore in hours and I hope that the car will be at the dealership in one week

Update:
The dual 110v/220v is an option for $500
My car is being unloaded from the vessel now

Last edited by pyuhlu; 08-17-2017 at 08:39 AM.
Old 08-17-2017, 04:06 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
I called ASK MINI yesterday to see if I can get any additional info. The rep there said that his system "shows production start sometime in August" and then told me that "production should take 8-10 weeks" - apparently my Countryman is being built by hand! (sarcasm) That puts it at mid October completion, kinda in line with what MINI told me via email.

He told me I should be able to register on the Owners Lounge "any day now" and that I should check back in a few days. I laughed and said that I'm checking 2-3 times per day!
Still haven't had an update from my MA yet:-( So my status at this point remains "order accepted". Have no other info other than that. Wondering if ASK MINI can provide me with more current info with just 'ordered accepted'? The silence is killing me!

Old 08-18-2017, 07:06 PM
murphwave
Neutral
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We took delivery of our SE this evening (order placed back in May). We were first customer order to take delivery in Orlando. Fully loaded with every option. It's an amazing car so far.

Last edited by murphwave; 08-18-2017 at 07:16 PM.