F60 :: Countryman Talk (2016-2023) F60 Countryman discussion

F60 F60 Hybrid - Production Number and Build Date Assigned

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2018, 07:50 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,965 Likes on 1,765 Posts
Excited for you also, welcome to the JCW family.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
The following users liked this post:
1RavingLunatic (01-05-2018)
Old 01-02-2018, 04:49 PM
Seahawk
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello! New to the site!

I placed an order on a new S E back in November, shortly after Thanksgiving, and I have the production number but every time I go to the Owners' site and try to register, it still says I am a little too quick on the draw.

Anyone have any idea how long after getting the production number you had to wait until you could register?

Maybe I am a little too anxious for my own good

Old 01-02-2018, 06:41 PM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts
The site for me at least was always a little behind. A call to ask Mini may provide a better update. I have ordered 3 and all of them arrived at the dealer about 8 to 9 weeks after order. You have a holiday in your cycle so that may add some time. Typically once you get the order number it is scheduled within a few weeks with the SE they have a limit per day / week with their suppliers that can also impact timing. Also earlier in the year things like Active Cruise etc were bottle necks for order slotting All customer orders bump to priority one and build ahead of stock. They also get moved to head of the line for both ocean and domestic transit.

If you are in Seattle transit is longer, I was in Seattle when I ordered Blue in 2008 and tracked her through the canal, etc.

Old 01-05-2018, 12:43 AM
1RavingLunatic
3rd Gear
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by ECSTuning
Excited for you also, welcome to the JCW family.
Thank you. You and I will be good friends over the next few years! Do you have a military discount?

ECSTuning (01-05-2018)
Old 01-05-2018, 12:46 AM
1RavingLunatic
3rd Gear
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Seahawk
Hello! New to the site!

I placed an order on a new S E back in November, shortly after Thanksgiving, and I have the production number but every time I go to the Owners' site and try to register, it still says I am a little too quick on the draw.

Anyone have any idea how long after getting the production number you had to wait until you could register?

Maybe I am a little too anxious for my own good
Same here! It's very frustrating, but I'm being impatient!

Old 01-05-2018, 05:41 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,965 Likes on 1,765 Posts
Originally Posted by 1RavingLunatic
Thank you. You and I will be good friends over the next few years! Do you have a military discount?
Great, yes we do! Call in to place your order and make sure you let them know. 1.800.924.5172 We will be adding the F60 to our drop down soon. But most items right now you can PM me and I can help our dump the part number (11 digit) into our site search box from realoem.com

Thanks for your service

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
The following 2 users liked this post by ECSTuning:
1RavingLunatic (01-05-2018), Shiner (06-10-2018)
Old 01-19-2018, 09:02 PM
jse75
Neutral
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Following up re Level 2 charging solutions for Countryman S E

Originally Posted by jse75
You can get the TurboCord dual for $375 and it'll be a lot smaller. The TurboCord will support the maximum charging rate available for the Countryman SE but you'd need something bigger if you upgraded later on to a full electric car.
Just wanted to follow up on this. I purchased the TurboCord ($375 from Sterling BMW via their eBay store - if you get it elsewhere, make sure you get the 220V/dual voltage version), and had my electrician install a new 220V circuit with the appropriate receptacle for the TurboCord - I believe it's a NEMA 6-20R receptacle.

The experience is worlds better than the included 110V charger. First, the TurboCord is like 1/2 to 1/3 the size/volume of the included 110V charger. Second, it's at least 2x faster charging.

Main points:
1) They really should have included it with the car.
2) If you are still using 110V charging, get this and a 220V outlet instead. You'll be happy!

I considered getting a "full size" Level 2 charger (eg a Chargepoint) for future proofing, but it is several hundred dollars more expensive, and won't charge the Mini any faster. I can always get the electrician to install a different 220V outlet in the future if a full-electric car comes my way later on...

Last edited by jse75; 01-25-2018 at 07:54 PM.
Old 03-09-2018, 10:04 AM
southinguy
Neutral
Originally Posted by southinguy
I didn't know these were so limited... Ideally I wanted to order one now and have it ready by the end of January (I'll have the $ then) but my dealer just flat out says they can't sell me one nor can they order me one. I did go in a couple months ago and they told me hopefully but now it's a no. They are frustrated too because they know I want to buy. Tried to get me into a regular Countryman but no thanks. I want a plug in.

Thought I'd search some forums to see if it might be worth my time to try another dealer but it seems not! I told the guy I'm dealing with I'll wait for a 2019 model if I have to but I don't know what to do. This is the car I had been set on buying. The Mini website certainly doesn't say you can't buy one...
Thought I would update my post from a few weeks back. I now have a 2019 on order as of Monday and it's in the production stage already!!

The crap part is the price went up by $3500 from 2018 to 2019. The base price only went up $100 but the packages got broken up and the Fully Loaded one is not an option. At least I hope my dealer isn't taking me for a ride... They threw the heated front seats into the package with the active driving assist which I would never pay for otherwise because I won't use it for instance.

I think this is why they wouldn't/couldn't order me one before. They were priced wrong!

Old 03-09-2018, 11:21 AM
jse75
Neutral
That's a pretty stiff price increase. Wow! I wonder if they will ship more S E's into the US.

Will yours include 4G remote services? That's one of the big missing features in the 2018 model (along with blindspot monitoring and better performing front crash protection, I guess). I read on Motoringfile that the 4G services will let you have remote climate control, which would be really nice.

Thought I would update my post from a few weeks back. I now have a 2019 on order as of Monday and it's in the production stage already!!

The crap part is the price went up by $3500 from 2018 to 2019. The base price only went up $100 but the packages got broken up and the Fully Loaded one is not an option. At least I hope my dealer isn't taking me for a ride... They threw the heated front seats into the package with the active driving assist which I would never pay for otherwise because I won't use it for instance.

I think this is why they wouldn't/couldn't order me one before. They were priced wrong!

Old 03-09-2018, 11:40 AM
southinguy
Neutral
Originally Posted by jse75
That's a pretty stiff price increase. Wow! I wonder if they will ship more S E's into the US.

Will yours include 4G remote services? That's one of the big missing features in the 2018 model (along with blindspot monitoring and better performing front crash protection, I guess). I read on Motoringfile that the 4G services will let you have remote climate control, which would be really nice.
It lists "remote services" under the navigation package (which did go down by $250 from 2018 build which they obviously made up elsewhere) but I'm not sure if that means 4G. It's honestly not something I asked about.

Edit: a quick google search shows me 4G was supposed to be in *all* MINIs starting with March production so it looks like it?

Old 03-28-2018, 07:29 AM
southinguy
Neutral

My 2019 has moved to Awaiting Transport already. Any guesses how long before it's En Route?

Old 04-01-2018, 09:19 PM
jse75
Neutral
My 2019 has moved to Awaiting Transport already. Any guesses how long before it's En Route?
Depends where it's headed. I live in Texas and for our 2017 (delivered last summer), it took a couple weeks of painful waiting for it to go from Awaiting Transport to En Route...

southinguy (04-02-2018)
Old 05-09-2018, 11:28 AM
southinguy
Neutral
My 2019 SE arrived at my dealer. Without the Keyless Comfort Access!!! That I obviously paid for... My dealer is just as annoyed as I am. They offered me $1000 off (he says Mini offered a $250 discount) or to rebuild one (when they can find another build slot). I've had comfort access in my cars for years! It wouldn't be the end of the world but I know I would be annoyed every time I had to take the key out of my pocket to unlock it. I keep cars for 5 years. I'd rather be annoyed by another 8-10 week wait than for 5 years so I'm having them rebuild it....

UGH!!!

He said some other cars had come off the builds without moon roofs even and he has no idea why Mini went ahead and shipped them knowing they were built wrong. Is this the danger of having one of the first Model Years off of the line?

Old 05-09-2018, 11:49 AM
GnFnRnBacon
2nd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
My 2019 SE arrived at my dealer. Without the Keyless Comfort Access!!! That I obviously paid for... My dealer is just as annoyed as I am. They offered me $1000 off (he says Mini offered a $250 discount) or to rebuild one (when they can find another build slot). I've had comfort access in my cars for years! It wouldn't be the end of the world but I know I would be annoyed every time I had to take the key out of my pocket to unlock it. I keep cars for 5 years. I'd rather be annoyed by another 8-10 week wait than for 5 years so I'm having them rebuild it....
Man, that sucks! That's BS. Have 'em rebuild AND press for a discount and a loaner until the correct vehicle comes in.

southinguy (05-09-2018)
Old 05-09-2018, 05:41 PM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts
Ouch that is rough. The wait would be a bummer but $1,000 would not be worth the daily reminder of the issue every time I opened the car.

Old 05-09-2018, 06:03 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
My current F56 doesn't have comfort access, I do miss it but after a few weeks I got used to it. But if I ordered it I'd want it unless they really overpaid me for not having it. $1000 is not overpaying IMO.

Old 05-10-2018, 03:10 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Seems to have affected a few hundred 2019 F54 and F60s. Most were PHEVs that didn't get Comfort Access, some units didn't get a sunroof, and about a hundred didn't get either. Dealers are getting credits, but that doesn't help if it was your car...