F60 :: Countryman Talk (2016-2023) F60 Countryman discussion

F60 F60 Waiters Club

Old 03-25-2017, 12:13 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
FWIW, in the past, if they have supply problems with a certain component, they will push the production estimate back a few months, but it may actually move back up once the supply opens up again. A year or two ago, there was a problem with the navigation units and dealers were told there would be a 6 month delay, but the nav units became available after only a few months instead.

Old 03-25-2017, 01:38 PM
tizeye
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TheJuice
Did you have driver's assist package as well?
Hate to sound dumb, but what is the driver assist package? Build only lists Technology, Convenience, Premium, Cold Weather, JCW Interior and Exterior and of course, Fully Loaded on the S and Sport on the non-S. I ordered mine with Technology, Premium, and JCW Interior and no problem on the build which was in February. Tempted on the Convenience but only the picnic seat was of interest, and that begs to be an accessory - either Mini or 3rd party, but right now package only.

Old 03-25-2017, 02:55 PM
Carlisle
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tizeye
Hate to sound dumb, but what is the driver assist package? Build only lists Technology, Convenience, Premium, Cold Weather, JCW Interior and Exterior and of course, Fully Loaded on the S and Sport on the non-S. I ordered mine with Technology, Premium, and JCW Interior and no problem on the build which was in February. Tempted on the Convenience but only the picnic seat was of interest, and that begs to be an accessory - either Mini or 3rd party, but right now package only.
I think in the USA it is called Active Driving Assistant? It's a $1,000.00 option that gives you either laser or radar guided cruise control (might use a camera?) and collision mitigation whereby the car will break autonomously on your behalf should you get too close to another car or obstacle. Sad that it is an option and not standard equipment. It would be a significant insurance deduction where I live.

Old 03-25-2017, 04:02 PM
darex
5th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Carlisle
I just heard back from my MA. I ordered my F60 loaded (no leather though for personal preference) a week ago and apparently there is an issue with the driving assistant package. I was initially told the wait would be 12 weeks. Now, I am told that if I want that option I will have to wait until November or December for delivery. Thoughts? I'm thinking there is a reported problem with the tech, a supply shortage (so they prioritize BMW models that may come with it as standard equipment), but I just don't know. I said go ahead and order it without but I'm a little miffed. How the hell are we just hearing about this now?
It's strange because the same thing happened in 2014 when I got my F56. There was a shortage on the H/K audio (but it could be prioritized, and still obtained), but the Driver's Assist Package was delayed for months! It was not obtainable when I got mine, but later, it was. I would say that you can rule-out technical difficulties, because that was the excuse THEN. 😉

Old 03-25-2017, 04:32 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
I think in the USA it is called Active Driving Assistant? It's a $1,000.00 option that gives you either laser or radar guided cruise control (might use a camera?) and collision mitigation whereby the car will break autonomously on your behalf should you get too close to another car or obstacle. Sad that it is an option and not standard equipment. It would be a significant insurance deduction where I live.
Camera based.

I know they updated the Active Cruise Control function, which comes with Active Driving Assistant to include Stop and Go function....wondering if that's the cause of the delay?

Old 03-29-2017, 08:12 AM
MKDrCr
1st Gear
Originally Posted by MKDrCr
Yes I did. Emailed the dealer, waiting for a response.
I'm still stuck in limbo. Dealer has reached out to their Mini rep, but still waiting on a response. Tried 1-866-ASK-MINI again, now there is no estimated production date, whereas, last week it was May. It was originally March, but the call center told me, "we see that the originally scheduled production date has lapsed and now we have no information."

I mentioned to the Dealer and the call center about the delay due to the Driver Assist, neither were aware of any bulletins or announced production delays.

I'm curious, is anyone else experiencing any delays?

I'll keep you all updated.

Old 03-29-2017, 02:40 PM
howardeng
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Not the same build as yours, no driver assist, but, we ordered our Countryman S on 2/28, build started 3/13, waiting for a boat on 3/25.

Old 04-01-2017, 10:32 PM
miwim
Neutral
Back in Mini Club (Used to own R50).

Ordered Chestnut with Black top, Convenience/Cold/Tech package + power tailgate and Piano black illuminated interior today. Build week 16, so the wait begin.

Old 04-03-2017, 09:33 AM
ND40oz
3rd Gear
Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts
That's strange about the Active Driving Assistant. I want it for speed limit info, the rest of the package isn't much use especially with a manual transmission but it appears to be the only way to get the camera to do speed limit info.

Either way, it's not available as an option on the JCW build and order guide, so I don't even know how to order it at this point. But if it's just going to delay things, I'll probably just skip it and force myself to look at speed limit signs again.

The JCW guide is a 2018 model year one though and the Countryman guide I have is still 2017 model years, so maybe the Active Driving Assistant has been dropped for the time being do to parts availability.

Old 04-03-2017, 11:12 AM
MKDrCr
1st Gear
I'm still stuck in limbo. Dealer has reached out to their Mini rep, but still waiting on a response. Tried 1-866-ASK-MINI again, now there is no estimated production date, whereas, last week it was May. It was originally March, but the call center told me, "we see that the originally scheduled production date has lapsed and now we have no information."

I mentioned to the Dealer and the call center about the delay due to the Driver Assist, neither were aware of any bulletins or announced production delays.

I'm curious, is anyone else experiencing any delays?

I'll keep you all updated.
After a few phone calls and emails to MiniUSA and the dealer, I was told last week that my production was delayed bc of the active drive assist; that it is not a very popular option and they typically wait until they have enough orders with the active drive assist until they start production on those cars.

Anyway, 1-866-ASK-MINI told me that production started today, estimated date of completion is 4/18.

Old 04-04-2017, 09:02 AM
TheJuice
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
My MINI boarded a vessel yesterday! Expected arrival to New York/New Jersey port on April 13.

Old 04-04-2017, 09:15 AM
09BMW328
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
My CAR JUST DISCHARGED and cleared customs . Any other way track it from this point

Old 04-07-2017, 08:50 AM
Carlisle
4th Gear
You guys are all getting your CMs so quickly! I was told to expect a 12 week wait! It has been three weeks for me now and as of yesterday I still didn't have a VIN.

Old 04-07-2017, 12:37 PM
MKDrCr
1st Gear
You guys are all getting your CMs so quickly! I was told to expect a 12 week wait! It has been three weeks for me now and as of yesterday I still didn't have a VIN.
I only got a VIN on Tuesday. I ordered on 3/2, but with the drivers assist there were some delays. Should be completed 4/18, so I'm probably looking at 10-12 weeks from when I ordered as well. It's ironic though that you were told you couldn't get driver's assist and still have a long wait.

Old 04-07-2017, 01:49 PM
tizeye
2nd Gear
Was told to expect 10 weeks, but looking like 12. Was built relatively quickly but then the longest wait on the transport to harbor. Finally loaded on ship and while a very current ship, built in 2016, has to be the slowest trip across the Atlantic. Originally scheduled for the 5th/6th, has slid to 11th/12th. Really frustrating particularly when ships with another company in port at Zeebrugge at the same time have either departed Brunswick, or another arriving tomorrow but had an additional port call enroute. It is really frustrating to see the date slip. Now anticipating delivery at dealer around the 19th.

Old 04-10-2017, 06:24 AM
Carlisle
4th Gear
I only got a VIN on Tuesday. I ordered on 3/2, but with the drivers assist there were some delays. Should be completed 4/18, so I'm probably looking at 10-12 weeks from when I ordered as well. It's ironic though that you were told you couldn't get driver's assist and still have a long wait.
Yes, I was definitely told twice after ordering my vehicle that if I wanted to keep the order in place with the driver assist option, I would have to wait until October or November of this year. It doesn't seem to be a popular option? I'm also in Canada though, so maybe our market doesn't get the same treatment that the USA market gets. I'm pretty sure we are first in line to get shafted at every opportunity. In the interest of expediting things, I took it off. I couldn't gamble with that time frame. My FR-S has been sold for a month now... I'm relying on the kindness of family members for vehicle usage.

Old 04-11-2017, 11:03 AM
Carlisle
4th Gear
The plot thickens...

So... I'm being told by my MA that larger markets are being prioritized for the Driving Assistant option, and that even then there is a longer wait because it is never ordered by dealerships unless they are doing a custom order and it has been requested. My MA basically said that orders stay in a queue and when they have enough ppl requesting that option then they will build them all at once. (???) I don't know enough about the build process but I find that crazy tbh.

Update: Engine was put in mine yesterday.

Last edited by Carlisle; 04-11-2017 at 11:16 AM.
Old 04-11-2017, 01:36 PM
tizeye
2nd Gear
So... I'm being told by my MA that larger markets are being prioritized for the Driving Assistant option, and that even then there is a longer wait because it is never ordered by dealerships unless they are doing a custom order and it has been requested. My MA basically said that orders stay in a queue and when they have enough ppl requesting that option then they will build them all at once. (???) I don't know enough about the build process but I find that crazy tbh.

Update: Engine was put in mine yesterday.
Actually that is standard management practice to have a minimum for a production run. Think of it in terms of colors. Rather than the waste involved in continually changing, they do a white run, then BRG run, then a black run etc. Ideally do at least "X" number of cars (or more) per color before switching to the next. May not be as critical with seats and interiors which can be intermixed on the line, but things like tech package probably have their own run within each color group due to specialized component such as the screen. Could easilly see where Driving Assistant would fall into that same category. Unfortunately, unlike other manufacturers, it wasn't identified as a specific package but a standalone option relatively hidden in the build process which probably accounts for it's low demand.

On a positive note, my Countryman is just pulling into Brunswick Port as
I type this! YEAH!

Old 04-11-2017, 02:24 PM
howardeng
1st Gear
Originally Posted by TheJuice
My MINI boarded a vessel yesterday! Expected arrival to New York/New Jersey port on April 13.
Our Countryman is on that vessel too. Not sure if you have been tracking the TOMAR, but, it is adrift outside Halifax. MarineTraffic had it about 1 knot since this morning, with a comment of "not in command." From my boating days, that means no engine, or something else causing it to not move. It made 14 for a couple minutes at 4:30ish, I just happened to look then....But now it is back to 0.9 knots. Engine trouble maybe...

Old 04-11-2017, 05:20 PM
tizeye
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by howardeng
Our Countryman is on that vessel too. Not sure if you have been tracking the TOMAR, but, it is adrift outside Halifax. MarineTraffic had it about 1 knot since this morning, with a comment of "not in command." From my boating days, that means no engine, or something else causing it to not move. It made 14 for a couple minutes at 4:30ish, I just happened to look then....But now it is back to 0.9 knots. Engine trouble maybe...
You are right. I checked a couple of sources and official status is "Not Under Command", essentially meaning not able to navigate and avoid other ship...thus letting them know to take a wide berth. Somewhat surprised with then so close to port, looking at other vessles around don't see other ships, like tugs enroute or nearby.

Old 04-11-2017, 07:01 PM
09BMW328
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
got it

Old 04-12-2017, 03:49 AM
tizeye
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by howardeng
In port this AM and at a dock for offloading vehicles. Looking at satellite view of google maps, Halifax only has one dock that offloads to a vehicle staging/parking area as other docks would require entering primary roads to get to the staging area. Guessing Tomar had to sit out there waiting for port clearance when as looking at the past history of Athens Highway, it didn't depart that dock until 20:00 where Tomar entered the holding pattern offshore at 12:25.

Old 04-12-2017, 06:25 AM
howardeng
1st Gear
I saw it was in dock too. If it wasn't just waiting, I hope they find a good mechanic. Lol.

Old 04-12-2017, 08:08 PM
TheJuice
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tizeye
In port this AM and at a dock for offloading vehicles. Looking at satellite view of google maps, Halifax only has one dock that offloads to a vehicle staging/parking area as other docks would require entering primary roads to get to the staging area. Guessing Tomar had to sit out there waiting for port clearance when as looking at the past history of Athens Highway, it didn't depart that dock until 20:00 where Tomar entered the holding pattern offshore at 12:25.
Thanks for the update. Hopefully it leaves for NJ soon. I'm in the Boston area.

Old 04-12-2017, 08:10 PM
TheJuice
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by 09BMW328

Same color combo I'm expecting! Fully loaded package. I didn't upgrade the wheels though, hope I don't regret it. They look great on yours.

Search this Thread