F60 :: Countryman Talk (2016-2023) F60 Countryman discussion

F60 F60 Waiters Club

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 11:13 AM
jasongoncalves
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just ordered mine last week! (12/2)

I just ordered the SE All4 - dealer is saying about 8-12 weeks for delivery, but it appears that they are ramping up so it might come sooner. This is the config I got:

2018 S E All4
Island Blue, White roof and white bonnet stripes
Union Jack Mirror Caps and Scuttles
Black Rims
Essentials Package
Style Package
LED Lights Package
Wired Navigation Package with the 8.8" Touch Screen
British Oak Chester Leather
Alarm
Universal Remote
Electric Front Window Defrost
Anthracite Roofliner
Piano Black Colour Line
Picnic Bench
Park Assist
Sirius
HK Sound
HUD

When it's all said it done, it should look like that! We get $8000 back from incentives in Ontario, which is quite nice! I also have 20% tints all the way around- literally cannot wait!

Last edited by jasongoncalves; 12-05-2017 at 11:14 AM. Reason: missed something
Old 01-15-2018, 12:57 AM
18cmjcw
2nd Gear
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Things I learned while waiting for my JCW

Now that I've joined the forum, I thought I would add some observations and things I learned over the 11 weeks I waited for my JCW to be built in Born and delivered to me in California.
  • I used the bimmer.work website to track the time from when a USA/Canada F60 JCW entered production to when it received its Production Date (date of assembly completion) using last 7 VIN digits whose sequence began with "3B9xxxx." These were the JCW USA/Canada VINs in production in mid-October, when I started my tracking in ernest (my JCW's last 7 VIN digits begin with "3B9"). I figured out what the then current VINs were by looking at similar F60 JCWs offered for sale by nearby dealers.
  • My order was placed with the dealer on 2 Oct and I had a production number on 4 Oct. However, I was not able to register for the Owner's Lounge until the day the car started production... 2 Nov. This was also the day my VIN was assigned and available. Twelve days later on 14 Nov, the assembly was completed. The car was received at the shipping terminal at Zeebreuge, Belgium on 20 Nov, loaded on a WW RoRo on 21 Nov, and the vessel departed on 22 Nov. The RoRo arrived at Port Hueneme on 15 Dec and the car was driven off the same day. It arrived at the dealer on 19 Dec and I picked it up on 20 Dec.
  • Even though I couldn't access Owner's Lounge, to try to get an idea about my production date in advance I called the friendly USA MINI customer care line a couple of days after I had my production number, I asked them to confirm the build options and if they could tell me the estimated production week (I think this may be a better strategy than asking for a production date). I was told production was requested for Week 42 but it looked like it would be built during Week 44 (which turned out to be the case). Different customer care people may respond differently to these requests... if the first person cannot provide production estimates, I'd recommend calling back the next day at a different time of day to try for a different person. They're very friendly and encouraging, but apparently trained slightly differently.
  • Although I wasn't 100% sure that the car would ship on WW, I used the 2wglobal.com website to guess which ships might be available to take my car to California. By inputting my 17-digit VIN daily in their online tracking system, I was able to discover that my car was indeed booked on WW (and on which ship) before the Owner's Lounge had the update.
  • Based on my bimmer.work observation during this period, from 0 to 7 JCWs bound for North America were put into production on any given weekday. This is obviously a small number of cars daily and I'd bet the number of non-JCW F60s being built daily for North America is much higher. The length of time for the vehicle production varied from 11 to 14 calendar days.
  • From the middle of October, when I started tracking on bimmer.work, my own knowledge of what was happening with my car was generally ahead of information availble to me in the Owner's Lounge.
So, all of this "sleuthing" was probably possible only because the number of F60 JCWs being built daily for North America is relatively small.

Finally, just for fun, I made an animated GIF of the RoRo vessel my car was on as it went through locks in the Panama Canal. Although I posted it in "1st Gear" when I registered for NAM, I thought I'd post it again below.

Hope this is of some help to a current or forthcoming "waiter."

Attached Thumbnails F60 Waiters Club-titania_roro_panamacanal.gif  
The following 2 users liked this post by 18cmjcw:
1RavingLunatic (01-17-2018), janinefm (02-20-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 10:23 PM
1RavingLunatic
3rd Gear
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
Ordered my JCW on the 2nd. I couldn't get logged into the Owners Lounge either. I found it weird, but my dealer is rock star, so he hooked me up!

Fully Loaded Package
Chrome Line Interior
Active Driving Assist
Melting Silver, Black roof, Black Stripes
Spousal theft deterrent system (Manual Tranny)

First question though...what's the PHEV Premium Package? it's listed in my factory ordered options. I thought that PHEV is plug in Hybrid, I ordered a JCW

Old 01-17-2018, 07:14 AM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by 1RavingLunatic
Ordered my JCW on the 2nd. I couldn't get logged into the Owners Lounge either. I found it weird, but my dealer is rock star, so he hooked me up!

Fully Loaded Package
Chrome Line Interior
Active Driving Assist
Melting Silver, Black roof, Black Stripes
Spousal theft deterrent system (Manual Tranny)

First question though...what's the PHEV Premium Package? it's listed in my factory ordered options. I thought that PHEV is plug in Hybrid, I ordered a JCW
Don't worry about it. My JCW was ordered with the Fully Loaded Package and I also saw the PHEV Premium Package in its listing on the Owner's Lounge. Why? Who knows? The point is my car was delivered exactly as ordered.

The following users liked this post:
1RavingLunatic (01-17-2018)
Old 01-17-2018, 07:19 AM
18cmjcw
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by kwolfman
Don't worry about it. My JCW was ordered with the Fully Loaded Package and I also saw the PHEV Premium Package in its listing on the Owner's Lounge. Why? Who knows? The point is my car was delivered exactly as ordered.
Ditto for me.

Old 01-17-2018, 12:11 PM
1RavingLunatic
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by kwolfman
Originally Posted by 18cmjcw
Ditto for me.
How long did it take for you guys? from the time you ordered it until it got to your dealer? I'm excited and impatient. I shouldn't be though, I'm on the other side of the planet at the moment

Old 01-17-2018, 12:33 PM
18cmjcw
2nd Gear
How long did it take for you guys? from the time you ordered it until it got to your dealer? I'm excited and impatient. I shouldn't be though, I'm on the other side of the planet at the moment
Oct 2: Ordered
Oct 4: Production number assigned
Nov 2: Production began and VIN assigned
Nov 14: Assembly completed and Production Date assigned
Nov 22: On a ship to California
Dec 15: At VDC in Port Hueneme
Dec 19: At dealer
Dec 20: Picked up from dealer

Old 01-18-2018, 03:25 AM
F56-JCDub
5th Gear
Received 135 Likes on 98 Posts
I got lucky, I ordered mid-May, got it mid-July. I was overseas until August, so it had to sit with the dealer for a month until I got back to the States.

1RavingLunatic (01-18-2018)
Old 01-18-2018, 08:27 AM
Jwanck11
3rd Gear
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
I ordered on 9/12/17 and picked it up 10/26/17.

It really depends on the dealer's allocation and when the car gets into the build process.

1RavingLunatic (01-18-2018)
Old 01-30-2018, 04:59 AM
1RavingLunatic
3rd Gear
My just got loaded onto the Toreador in Southampton. I've been trying to find pictures, but my internet sucks here and I have no bandwidth. Any ideas from those that have done it before?

Old 01-31-2018, 05:35 AM
peterpan101
3rd Gear
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Wife will be joining the MINI family. Put order in for a base All4 on Monday (1/29). She's never cared about cars, just something to get from point A-B. But after going through process and getting exactly what she wanted (with some suggestions from me) is looking forward to the new ride.

2018 Countryman All4
8 speed steptronic
Island Blue body/roof
Sport package
Premium package
JCW Interior w/ double stripe cloth seats
Offroad exterior styling
18' Pair spoke wheels
MINI Excitement package

Old 01-31-2018, 06:40 AM
1RavingLunatic
3rd Gear
Now that I've joined the forum, I thought I would add some observations and things I learned over the 11 weeks I waited for my JCW to be built in Born and delivered to me in California.
  • I used the bimmer.work website to track the time from when a USA/Canada F60 JCW entered production to when it received its Production Date (date of assembly completion) using last 7 VIN digits whose sequence began with "3B9xxxx." These were the JCW USA/Canada VINs in production in mid-October, when I started my tracking in ernest (my JCW's last 7 VIN digits begin with "3B9"). I figured out what the then current VINs were by looking at similar F60 JCWs offered for sale by nearby dealers.
  • My order was placed with the dealer on 2 Oct and I had a production number on 4 Oct. However, I was not able to register for the Owner's Lounge until the day the car started production... 2 Nov. This was also the day my VIN was assigned and available. Twelve days later on 14 Nov, the assembly was completed. The car was received at the shipping terminal at Zeebreuge, Belgium on 20 Nov, loaded on a WW RoRo on 21 Nov, and the vessel departed on 22 Nov. The RoRo arrived at Port Hueneme on 15 Dec and the car was driven off the same day. It arrived at the dealer on 19 Dec and I picked it up on 20 Dec.
  • Even though I couldn't access Owner's Lounge, to try to get an idea about my production date in advance I called the friendly USA MINI customer care line a couple of days after I had my production number, I asked them to confirm the build options and if they could tell me the estimated production week (I think this may be a better strategy than asking for a production date). I was told production was requested for Week 42 but it looked like it would be built during Week 44 (which turned out to be the case). Different customer care people may respond differently to these requests... if the first person cannot provide production estimates, I'd recommend calling back the next day at a different time of day to try for a different person. They're very friendly and encouraging, but apparently trained slightly differently.
  • Although I wasn't 100% sure that the car would ship on WW, I used the 2wglobal.com website to guess which ships might be available to take my car to California. By inputting my 17-digit VIN daily in their online tracking system, I was able to discover that my car was indeed booked on WW (and on which ship) before the Owner's Lounge had the update.
  • Based on my bimmer.work observation during this period, from 0 to 7 JCWs bound for North America were put into production on any given weekday. This is obviously a small number of cars daily and I'd bet the number of non-JCW F60s being built daily for North America is much higher. The length of time for the vehicle production varied from 11 to 14 calendar days.
  • From the middle of October, when I started tracking on bimmer.work, my own knowledge of what was happening with my car was generally ahead of information availble to me in the Owner's Lounge.
So, all of this "sleuthing" was probably possible only because the number of F60 JCWs being built daily for North America is relatively small.

Finally, just for fun, I made an animated GIF of the RoRo vessel my car was on as it went through locks in the Panama Canal. Although I posted it in "1st Gear" when I registered for NAM, I thought I'd post it again below.

Hope this is of some help to a current or forthcoming "waiter."
I've been trying to find a live webcam while it was docked at Southampton. Now it's traveling. I have like 10 days to find a webcam for the port of New York...Any ideas?

Old 02-02-2018, 12:18 PM
18cmjcw
2nd Gear
I've been trying to find a live webcam while it was docked at Southampton. Now it's traveling. I have like 10 days to find a webcam for the port of New York...Any ideas?
It is my understanding that the ship will dock at the RoRo terminal at the Port of Newark (Though I'm not 100% sure that they use this location because the link for New York port on the WW website is broken.)

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais...40.697/zoom:14
https://www.google.com/maps/@40.6968.../data=!3m1!1e3 (this is the satellite photo)

I'm not sure there are any webcams at the RoRo location, but the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey has a webcam that is still live monitoring the construction to raise the vehicle roadway at the Bayonne Bridge. I believe the vehicle carrier will have to pass under the Bayonne Bridge to get to the RoRo terminal at Newark. So you may get lucky and catch sight of the ship there.

http://www.panynj.gov/bridges-tunnel...t-web-cam.html

1RavingLunatic (02-03-2018)
Old 02-03-2018, 03:42 AM
1RavingLunatic
3rd Gear
It is my understanding that the ship will dock at the RoRo terminal at the Port of Newark (Though I'm not 100% sure that they use this location because the link for New York port on the WW website is broken.)

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais...40.697/zoom:14
https://www.google.com/maps/@40.6968.../data=!3m1!1e3 (this is the satellite photo)

I'm not sure there are any webcams at the RoRo location, but the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey has a webcam that is still live monitoring the construction to raise the vehicle roadway at the Bayonne Bridge. I believe the vehicle carrier will have to pass under the Bayonne Bridge to get to the RoRo terminal at Newark. So you may get lucky and catch sight of the ship there.

http://www.panynj.gov/bridges-tunnel...t-web-cam.html
Thank you so much! But I'm going to miss everything! I'm either on a plane, or on lockdown to get on a plane. I'm hoping for lockdown, then I "might" have internet

Old 02-20-2018, 03:13 PM
janinefm
1st Gear
And the wait begins….

Just ordered my 2019 F60 JCW
Estimated manufacture date: mid-March (TBD)

2019 John Cooper Works Countryman ALL4
Chili Red / White Roof & Mirrors
8 Speed Sport Automatic with Paddle Shifters
MINI Yours Lounge Leather: Carbon Black
18" JCW Thrill Spoke Black Wheels
Fully Loaded Package

This will be my 2nd MINI Cooper but my first Countryman. Thrilled to finally be on the short track to JCW Countryman ownership! Last time around I purchased a 2009 R56 S in lieu of the JCW and spent more time and money tuning and upgrading my MINI than it would have cost to have outright bought the JCW.

Right out of the gate I’m looking to add a clear bra, custom racing stripes and rally (driving) lights. Looking forward to reading and following everyone’s posts. Anyone else ordered/ordering a 2019 F60??

Old 02-21-2018, 01:59 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by janinefm
And the wait begins….

Just ordered my 2019 F60 JCW
Estimated manufacture date: mid-March (TBD)

2019 John Cooper Works Countryman ALL4
Chili Red / White Roof & Mirrors
8 Speed Sport Automatic with Paddle Shifters
MINI Yours Lounge Leather: Carbon Black
18" JCW Thrill Spoke Black Wheels
Fully Loaded Package

This will be my 2nd MINI Cooper but my first Countryman. Thrilled to finally be on the short track to JCW Countryman ownership! Last time around I purchased a 2009 R56 S in lieu of the JCW and spent more time and money tuning and upgrading my MINI than it would have cost to have outright bought the JCW.

Right out of the gate I’m looking to add a clear bra, custom racing stripes and rally (driving) lights. Looking forward to reading and following everyone’s posts. Anyone else ordered/ordering a 2019 F60??
Since you've ordered a 2019, I'm curious how you feel about the way the new packages/trims are structured price-wise. Seem MINI is bundling a lot together, but the few builds my MA and I went through, it seems pricing is similar and you get more for your money.

Old 02-22-2018, 12:45 AM
ND40oz
3rd Gear
Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts
Yeah, have the 2019 ordering guides been released? I've been waiting since the announcement of the 2019 F55/F56/F57 LCI and haven't seen anything yet.

Old 02-22-2018, 01:54 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by ND40oz
Yeah, have the 2019 ordering guides been released? I've been waiting since the announcement of the 2019 F55/F56/F57 LCI and haven't seen anything yet.
I haven't seen them circulating on the internet yet, but dealers definitely have them so they can start building and modifying MY2019 cars in production now.

MINI has moved to different trims now, the same way Audi has Premium, Prestige, etc. MINI will have a base trim similar to the current Signature line with limited options, a mid-level that bundles auto tranny, color choices, wheel options and some features like Comfort Access and moonroof, and a high end trim that includes pretty much everything including navigation and leather options. A lot less customizing of features, but it seems you get more for the money now.

ND40oz (02-23-2018)
Old 02-22-2018, 08:12 PM
janinefm
1st Gear
Siriuszero – Pricing was comparable between the 2018 and 2019. My dealer stated the base price for the 2019 JCW Countryman ALL4 increased $400. We configured the F60 almost identically to the build I created on the MINI website and the MSRP was $190 more than the 2018. Honestly, I was turned-off when the dealer informed me of the package changes and considered waiting until Mid-March to review. However, after sitting down with the dealer for about 30 minutes, configuring the car and looking at pricing, the MSRP was comparable to the 2018. The dealer touted MINI had informed them the packages were changing to “streamline production” and “provide more configuration options”. From a customer’s perspective this is true, you’re not tied to all-or-nothing packages, however, it looks as though this may also be a way to increase MSRP with the creation of additional packages. For example, heads-up display, privacy glass, universal garage opener rear mirror and the alarm system were no longer included with the fully loaded package and were either available as À la carte options or bundled within new packages.

ND40oz – According to the dealer, they anticipate official ordering guides beginning of March and website changes mid to late March. Granted, this is all the word of the dealer and I by no means have any inside information.

As a side note, my dealer notified me this morning that my 2019 JCW Countryman ALL4 has entered production. Not showing up on MINI owners lounge yet but exciting none the less!! Yeah!!

Old 02-22-2018, 08:26 PM
janinefm
1st Gear
Looks as though MotoringFile are already on it. They published the following article 4 days ago outlining the new 2019 ordering tiers:
http://www.motoringfile.com/2018/02/...or-2019-minis/

Old 02-23-2018, 03:04 AM
F56-JCDub
5th Gear
Received 135 Likes on 98 Posts
MINI owners lounge is useless. It is largely way behind actual status.

janinefm (02-23-2018)
Old 02-23-2018, 06:38 AM
ND40oz
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by janinefm
Looks as though MotoringFile are already on it. They published the following article 4 days ago outlining the new 2019 ordering tiers:
http://www.motoringfile.com/2018/02/...or-2019-minis/
Well this is bad, it looks like you end up paying for the automatic transmission unless you go Tier 1.

Old 02-23-2018, 11:08 AM
ND40oz
3rd Gear
I managed to get a copy of the guide today, so if anyone has any questions, let me know. It's going to be fun for the advisors taking orders, 23 pages long.

The big changes (this is for the Countryman All4 S, other models vary slightly):

ZGO is the base trim, Moonwalk Grey is still the free color and the only other colors available with it are Chili Red, Light White and Midnight Black at $500.

ZSG is the signature trim and is a $3500 option. All colors are available with it and are included with the price including Lapisluxury Blue. All 18" wheels are no charge options, Sport Auto or Manual no charge option, Pano roof, comfort access, dynamic damper control, heated front seats and the 6.5 touchscreen media system.

ZHI is the select trim and is $10,000. All colors are available with it and are included with the price including Lapisluxury Blue. All wheels, interior trims and exterior trims are no charge options. Seating is all a no charge options except for MINI Yours Leather Lounge Carbon Black which is $500. Sport Auto or Manual no charge option. Includes 7GK, Navigation.

ZPP, the premium package can be added to ZSG for $3000. It includes power folding mirrors, chrome line exterior or standard exterior, auto dimming mirrors, power front seats, harmon kardon sound, LED fogs, headlights and cornering lights.

7GK is Navigation, it's $2000 with ZSG and included with ZHI.

ZCV is Convenience pack, it's $1250 and includes Picnic bench or Spare tire, Alarm System, power tailgate, storage pack and rear center armrest. Requires ZSG or ZHI, but ZHI includes half of those things anyway and they don't give you a discount.

ZD2 is Driver Assistant Package and is $1250. It requires ZSG or ZHI. It includes PDC, Active Cruise, Parking Assistant and HUD.

ZUU is Signature Upholstery Pack, requires ZSG and gives you the Mini Yours steering wheel or the JCW wheel and whatever interior trim and seats you want. MINI Yours Leather Lounge Carbon Black is a $500 charge.

There are still a few standalone options, but nothing like before. I really don't like the automatic transmission now being standard if you want to have a choice of colors or interiors or any tech.

The following 2 users liked this post by ND40oz:
janinefm (02-23-2018), TheJuice (02-23-2018)
Old 02-23-2018, 12:08 PM
TheJuice
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thanks for the info ND40oz. Is there any information on what changed in the 2019 model or is it only the ordering/packages that changed? I'd assume there'd be at least some minor interior or exterior cosmetic changes or new features (remote services?).

Old 02-23-2018, 12:39 PM
ND40oz
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by TheJuice
Thanks for the info ND40oz. Is there any information on what changed in the 2019 model or is it only the ordering/packages that changed? I'd assume there'd be at least some minor interior or exterior cosmetic changes or new features (remote services?).
I have the 2018 Countryman JCW guide and the full 2019 guide, these are the differences in the 2018 Tech vs 2019 Navigation packs but it does look like remote services are now included and real time traffic has been updated as well:

2018:

ZTP Technology Package $2,250
5DP Parking Asst. (incl. Front/Rear PDC)
609 8.8" Touchscreen Navigation System
6AD MINI Head-Up Display
6NT MINI Connected 5
6NW Wireless Charging and Enhanced Bluetooth
6UH Real Time Traffic Information
7L5 Advanced Wired Package
In addition: (2) MINI Find Mate tracking tags

2019:

7GK Touchscreen Navigation Pkg.
6AM Advanced Real-Time Traffic Information
6AP Remote Services
6CP Apple CarPlay Compatibility
6NT MINI Connected XL
6NW Wireless Charging
or 6NP Enhanced USB and Bluetooth
6UM MINI Navigation

There don't appear to be any interior or exterior option changes though.

Edit: I just noticed that the Offroad Exterior Styling option isn't on the ordering guide, guess it wasn't a big seller.

Last edited by ND40oz; 02-24-2018 at 11:17 AM.
janinefm (02-23-2018)