F60 :: Countryman Talk (2016+) F60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.

F60 Waiters Club

  #76  
Old 03-11-2017, 09:53 AM
siriuszero's Avatar
siriuszero
siriuszero is offline
6th Gear
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bothell, WA
Posts: 1,599
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by darex View Post
I'm not disagreeing with you. I agree with your summary, and I will absolutely get the Countryman over the X1. But, technologically, they are identical, short of the SOS button, and heated steering wheel. MINI gets iDrive 5.0 and Qi charging though (X1 will too, but not this MY).
True, though MINIs still don't have internet capability like their BMW brethren. Maps still rely on local storage updates not OTA, no online apps (widgets and the like), no ARTTI for nav. X1 gets the higher output B48 engine as well (228hp/258 ft/lbs) instead of the B46 found in the F60 (189hp/207 ft/lbs on Cooper S) granted, the JCW will have the B48 engine.

Originally Posted by darex View Post
Which reminds me of a question:
Does the Countryman cargo area have a quick seatback-flattener, like the X1 has, meaning switches to make the rear seat backs go down, individually, FROM the cargo area? Haven't seen that, but shame if it doesn't.
Argh I wish! One of my biggest complaints about the Countryman when I owned one was that to fold the back seats down for cargo, is I had to go to the side to open the rear doors and fold them down from there. Was disappointed to see that the F60 has the same set up.
 
  #77  
Old 03-11-2017, 12:44 PM
darex
darex is offline
5th Gear
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 828
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by siriuszero View Post
True, though MINIs still don't have internet capability like their BMW brethren. Maps still rely on local storage updates not OTA, no online apps (widgets and the like), no ARTTI for nav. X1 gets the higher output B48 engine as well (228hp/258 ft/lbs) instead of the B46 found in the F60 (189hp/207 ft/lbs on Cooper S) granted, the JCW will have the B48 engine.



Argh I wish! One of my biggest complaints about the Countryman when I owned one was that to fold the back seats down for cargo, is I had to go to the side to open the rear doors and fold them down from there. Was disappointed to see that the F60 has the same set up.
Seems like the F60 Countryman was very deliberately designed hand-in-hand with the Accounting Department at BMW, with a checklist of what to include -- and what to exclude, very deliberately and meticulously, to a price.

It's okay. A fully-loaded F60 will be a good $5000 cheaper than a fully-loaded X1, if not more. The F60 is clearly the smarter purchase.
 
  #78  
Old 03-12-2017, 12:12 PM
siriuszero's Avatar
siriuszero
siriuszero is offline
6th Gear
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bothell, WA
Posts: 1,599
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by darex View Post
It's okay. A fully-loaded F60 will be a good $5000 cheaper than a fully-loaded X1, if not more. The F60 is clearly the smarter purchase.
Definitely a better value, I don't think anybody can argue that and way more fun too
 
  #79  
Old 03-22-2017, 07:36 AM
09BMW328
09BMW328 is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 49
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My car is at port awaiting its Journey for a ship to the states . YAY!!!!
 
  #80  
Old 03-22-2017, 07:38 AM
Midnight Blue
Midnight Blue is offline
5th Gear
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philly Suburbs
Posts: 1,044
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 09BMW328 View Post
My car is at port awaiting its Journey for a ship to the states . YAY!!!!
Congrats! You know the drill on how to track progress from there?
 
  #81  
Old 03-22-2017, 07:39 AM
09BMW328
09BMW328 is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 49
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SORT OF but it hasn't been assigned a ship yet and once that happens then what
 
  #82  
Old 03-22-2017, 07:48 AM
TheJuice
TheJuice is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 70
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 09BMW328 View Post
My car is at port awaiting its Journey for a ship to the states . YAY!!!!
Congrats. My went into production on March 13 and is scheduled to finish production on March 24. Do you know when yours started and finished production?
 
  #83  
Old 03-22-2017, 07:53 AM
Midnight Blue
Midnight Blue is offline
5th Gear
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philly Suburbs
Posts: 1,044
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 09BMW328 View Post
SORT OF but it hasn't been assigned a ship yet and once that happens then what
F60s ship from port of Zeebrugge in Belgium. Assuming you are in the USA, shipping carrier is Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics. Click link and check their schedules. You are looking for vessels arriving at Zeebrugge and have your port as a destination. There are east coast runs and runs that go to Panama Canal for west coast destinations. Helpful to know which port you are expecting the car to be delivered to for final transport to dealer.

Once you have an idea which ships are possible, you can use the Track & Trace link on the WW site to determine when your car has been loaded. Simply enter VIN in the cargo ID to get status. Will only show once it has been assigned on a manifest.

Once on board a RoRo, you can track it's progress via marinetraffic.com

That should be enough to get you started...
 
  #84  
Old 03-22-2017, 08:11 AM
09BMW328
09BMW328 is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 49
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry yes Im Missouri so assuming going to baltimore port
 
  #85  
Old 03-22-2017, 08:23 AM
Midnight Blue
Midnight Blue is offline
5th Gear
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philly Suburbs
Posts: 1,044
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 09BMW328 View Post
sorry yes Im Missouri so assuming going to baltimore port
You can ask you dealer about the port. The POE will be noted on every window sticker. May be New York or ports further south. Not sure if Baltimore port is used for MINI disembarkation.
 
  #86  
Old 03-22-2017, 08:35 AM
09BMW328
09BMW328 is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 49
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am about 99% sure because my friend his was delivered there and we get from the same dealer
 
  #87  
Old 03-22-2017, 02:19 PM
tizeye
tizeye is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Orlando
Posts: 63
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
F60s ship from port of Zeebrugge in Belgium. Assuming you are in the USA, shipping carrier is Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics. Click link and check their schedules. You are looking for vessels arriving at Zeebrugge and have your port as a destination. There are east coast runs and runs that go to Panama Canal for west coast destinations. Helpful to know which port you are expecting the car to be delivered to for final transport to dealer.

Once you have an idea which ships are possible, you can use the Track & Trace link on the WW site to determine when your car has been loaded. Simply enter VIN in the cargo ID to get status. Will only show once it has been assigned on a manifest.

Once on board a RoRo, you can track it's progress via marinetraffic.com

That should be enough to get you started...
Not certain how accurate Wallenius Wilhelmsen is. While it appears very accurate, mine has never shown up yet today received email from dealer that would arrive in port April 5th. Asked if he knew the ship[ name but haven't heard back yet. Mine went into production 2/14 completed 2/23, then apparently sat there as Lounge finally updated last week "too large for stork, enroute to port" then email from dealer today. My problem is that I have NEVER seen a car loaded for my port - Brunswick. At the dock today was Toledo that didn't load any Mini's before departing (scheduled Brunswick 4/8), and Themis scheduled for Brunswick the date the dealer said - 4/5. The problem is, while it is still at the dock as I type thiss, the only cars loaded were for Baltimore and Port Hueneme CA with nothing for Brunswick (or Galveston).

Hints for searching on the site: Enter your VIN in the "Cargo ID" field. With me, the full VIN has always returned "Not Found". You can also do a wild card search with a partial VIN and %, such as WMZYT% which returns all. Click on one of those links and it tells you the ship, history, destination, etc. I random click the links but have never found Brunswick listed. That search will also show when delivered, and have never see a Brunswick delivery, yet I have seen their ships docked in the Brunswick port, so I know they go there and that is the port shown on the local F60 showroom car at the dealer. That is really frustrating and I see them loading cars above the last 4 of my VIN number, so they were later production. Also, dates are European - day, month, year and a 24 hr clock.

A couple of sites publish the GPS coordinates of every ship, updated every 8 minutes. Google the ship name (example - Themis ship) and several links. Several ships have same name so look for vehicle carrier as there is also a bulk cargo but it is a different ship. Just checking and Themis has now left the dock about 200' behind it with two tugs navigating it through the harbor. It is that accurate. No additional Mini's loaded since I last looked.

I can't work it backwards yet as Brunswick hasn't updated their ships in port roster past April 3, so a couple more days. While they typically have two or three RoRo carriers a day, K-Line and ARC don't show any ships schedules for Brunswick on the 5th, so in addition to Themis they will probably be Asian based ships. K-Line and ARC primarilly ship out of Bremmerhaven with occasional stops in Zeebruge but give absolutely no cargo details unless WW handles the logistics in Zeebruge and enters it in their system, like they did with ARC's Independence 2.
 

Last edited by tizeye; 03-22-2017 at 02:46 PM.
  #88  
Old 03-22-2017, 02:42 PM
09BMW328
09BMW328 is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 49
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AWESOME I AM ON THE THEMIS should be at baltimore on 4/2
 
  #89  
Old 03-22-2017, 05:25 PM
howardeng
howardeng is offline
1st Gear
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 40
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ours started production on 3/13, with tentative completion 3/25, but ask mini just changed that to 3/25. I hope it makes the Tomas on 4/1, and to NY on 4/12. Tracking it while on the ship is a blast. I really enjoyed watching my F56 move thru the English Channel, across the pond then ultimately to NY.
 
  #90  
Old 03-23-2017, 06:51 AM
Midnight Blue
Midnight Blue is offline
5th Gear
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philly Suburbs
Posts: 1,044
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by howardeng View Post
Ours started production on 3/13, with tentative completion 3/25, but ask mini just changed that to 3/25. I hope it makes the Tomas on 4/1, and to NY on 4/12. Tracking it while on the ship is a blast. I really enjoyed watching my F56 move thru the English Channel, across the pond then ultimately to NY.
Agreed. I was actually able to watch the RoRo travel under the Verrazano bridge in real time with a fortuitously located webcam! I posted a pic of this in one of these threads.
 
  #91  
Old 03-23-2017, 07:54 AM
tizeye
tizeye is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Orlando
Posts: 63
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 09BMW328 View Post
AWESOME I AM ON THE THEMIS should be at baltimore on 4/2
Hopefully, I am too as the next port stop is Brunswick on 4/5. I am beginning to wonder if WW Logistics software doesn't have Brunswick in their database so when cars come for that destination they get loaded on the boat, but fail to show in the database with an empty destination field. Further suspect it as I did an all Mini search (WMZYT%) then sorted by destination and no Brunswick port discharges over past 6 months, while I have see the ships in Brunswick Port. Can't envision all dealers in the SE dependent on that port and reflected on the Monroney Sticker, not receiving and Mini's over the past 6 months.

That raises a different question that perhaps others can answer through their delivery experience. Does Mini ever tell us which actual ship it is on...or just the more generic, "on a ship crossing the ocean to arrive (date)?" Is there someone other than the dealer I should contact?
 
  #92  
Old 03-23-2017, 09:35 AM
Midnight Blue
Midnight Blue is offline
5th Gear
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philly Suburbs
Posts: 1,044
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tizeye View Post
That raises a different question that perhaps others can answer through their delivery experience. Does Mini ever tell us which actual ship it is on...or just the more generic, "on a ship crossing the ocean to arrive (date)?" Is there someone other than the dealer I should contact?
This is our third MINI and I have been able to track them all successfully via the WW site and so forth. May be due to POE, I am not sure. I have found that the Owners Lounge and automated system at 866-ASK-MINI can provide different levels on information and not always the same. You can ask for representative on the 866-ASK-MINI line and they often have more detailed and more accurate info. They should be able to tell you the ship name, as should your dealer.

With our F60, the whole process was fairly transparent. YMMV.
 
  #93  
Old 03-23-2017, 10:45 AM
tizeye
tizeye is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Orlando
Posts: 63
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
This is our third MINI and I have been able to track them all successfully via the WW site and so forth. May be due to POE, I am not sure. I have found that the Owners Lounge and automated system at 866-ASK-MINI can provide different levels on information and not always the same. You can ask for representative on the 866-ASK-MINI line and they often have more detailed and more accurate info. They should be able to tell you the ship name, as should your dealer.

With our F60, the whole process was fairly transparent. YMMV.
Thanks. Spoke to a live person at 866-ASK-MINI. She had to update everything as showing "enroute to port" on automated. She confirmed is on Horizon Highway, loaded yesterday in Zeebruge and to arrive in Brunswick April 5th. It is a K-Line ship and confirmed dates on their website, currently in Bremerhaven, then to Southport, Baltimore and Brunswick. Mini apparently isn't exclusive with W W Logistics as the Themis and Horizon Highway were in Zeebruge at the same time and scheduled to arrive in Brunswick on the same day. Unfortunately, K-Line doesn't have the internal tracking like W W Logistics so you never know what is loaded on their ships.
 
  #94  
Old 03-23-2017, 10:57 AM
Midnight Blue
Midnight Blue is offline
5th Gear
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philly Suburbs
Posts: 1,044
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tizeye View Post
Thanks. Spoke to a live person at 866-ASK-MINI. She had to update everything as showing "enroute to port" on automated. She confirmed is on Horizon Highway, loaded yesterday in Zeebruge and to arrive in Brunswick April 5th. It is a K-Line ship and confirmed dates on their website, currently in Bremerhaven, then to Southport, Baltimore and Brunswick. Mini apparently isn't exclusive with W W Logistics as the Themis and Horizon Highway were in Zeebruge at the same time and scheduled to arrive in Brunswick on the same day. Unfortunately, K-Line doesn't have the internal tracking like W W Logistics so you never know what is loaded on their ships.
Excellent! Glad that worked out for you and you were able to get the info you were looking for. Sounds like you'll have your car in a few weeks or less!
 
  #95  
Old 03-23-2017, 11:36 AM
tizeye
tizeye is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Orlando
Posts: 63
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
Excellent! Glad that worked out for you and you were able to get the info you were looking for. Sounds like you'll have your car in a few weeks or less!
It's a good thing as have an appointment to tun in my VW diesel for the buyback 3/29. So approximately 2 weeks 'sharing' wife's Fiat 500. As a Realtor, if I have a need for something larger, can always rent for a few days...but trying not to.
Was going to try to extend the turn-in appointment but to get to the page that showed available appointment slots required cancelling the existing appointment first. Wasn't going to take that chance as I recall when originally set up was a month to six weeks lag time before first available appointment with 3 local dealers.
 
  #96  
Old 03-24-2017, 02:28 PM
Carlisle's Avatar
Carlisle
Carlisle is offline
4th Gear
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ontario
Posts: 375
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just heard back from my MA. I ordered my F60 loaded (no leather though for personal preference) a week ago and apparently there is an issue with the driving assistant package. I was initially told the wait would be 12 weeks. Now, I am told that if I want that option I will have to wait until November or December for delivery. Thoughts? I'm thinking there is a reported problem with the tech, a supply shortage (so they prioritize BMW models that may come with it as standard equipment), but I just don't know. I said go ahead and order it without but I'm a little miffed. How the hell are we just hearing about this now?
 
  #97  
Old 03-25-2017, 07:49 AM
MKDrCr
MKDrCr is offline
1st Gear
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 24
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Carlisle View Post
I just heard back from my MA. I ordered my F60 loaded (no leather though for personal preference) a week ago and apparently there is an issue with the driving assistant package. I was initially told the wait would be 12 weeks. Now, I am told that if I want that option I will have to wait until November or December for delivery. Thoughts? I'm thinking there is a reported problem with the tech, a supply shortage (so they prioritize BMW models that may come with it as standard equipment), but I just don't know. I said go ahead and order it without but I'm a little miffed. How the hell are we just hearing about this now?
I ordered my new F60 on 3/2, but I was getting antsy because there hadn't been any status updates on the owners' lounge. I called 1-800-ASK-MINI and they told me that while my original production date was scheduled for March, it has now been changed to May; the original time frame for delivery when I ordered was 8-10 weeks. They said it could be a temporary out of stock item or repair, and told me to call back in a week to see if the status changes. I wonder if I'm encountering the same problem as what you experienced. May isn't terrible, but November - December is just unacceptable. I'm going to reach out to the dealer today.
 

Last edited by MKDrCr; 03-25-2017 at 07:57 AM.
  #98  
Old 03-25-2017, 10:17 AM
TheJuice
TheJuice is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 70
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by MKDrCr View Post
I ordered my new F60 on 3/2, but I was getting antsy because there hadn't been any status updates on the owners' lounge. I called 1-800-ASK-MINI and they told me that while my original production date was scheduled for March, it has now been changed to May; the original time frame for delivery when I ordered was 8-10 weeks. They said it could be a temporary out of stock item or repair, and told me to call back in a week to see if the status changes. I wonder if I'm encountering the same problem as what you experienced. May isn't terrible, but November - December is just unacceptable. I'm going to reach out to the dealer today.
Did you have driver's assist package as well?
 
  #99  
Old 03-25-2017, 11:08 AM
MKDrCr
MKDrCr is offline
1st Gear
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 24
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheJuice View Post
Did you have driver's assist package as well?
Yes I did. Emailed the dealer, waiting for a response.
 
  #100  
Old 03-25-2017, 11:40 AM
Carlisle's Avatar
Carlisle
Carlisle is offline
4th Gear
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ontario
Posts: 375
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My order was placed on the 17th of March with an expected June/July delivery of 12ish weeks. My current car is sold, and I'm driving my father-in-laws Dodge Dart so you can imagine what went through my mind when I was told that if I wanted the driver assistance package I'd have to wait an additional 6 months. It sucks, bc I see the value in features like that (hubby has them on his Volvo x60) but I'm not willing to wait that long.
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: