F60 :: Countryman Talk (2016+) F60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.

F60 F60 Waiters Club

  #51  
Old 03-04-2017, 02:08 PM
darex
darex is offline
5th Gear
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 832
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Is Estoril Blue very different from Lapis Luxury Blue? These blues all look different in different light!

My Moonwalk Grey F56 still looks amazing, and is also highly variable, depending on the lighting.

I am seriously undecided about which color to go for, for an F60. Fortunately, I'm not ready to order mine yet.
 
  #52  
Old 03-04-2017, 05:55 PM
tizeye
tizeye is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Orlando
Posts: 63
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
And we took delivery this morning! The very first F60 delivery from this dealer. Today is the official launch day.

See pix in "F60 Delivery & Photos Thread"
Congratulations.

I won't be the first in my area. On Friday visit, dealer had 3, two of which had 'sold' signs on them awaiting delivery, the other appears to be dealer stock. Looks like Chestnut will be popular as two were that color, and finally able to see the color I ordered 'live.' While I took a picture of the apparent dealer inventory, a non-S Countryman, should have taken picture of the S but was on the lot parked between two other Minis so difficult picture. It was fully decked out, appeared raised and included, stripes, racks and rally lights which, not individually listed but presume was the $4200 Southern Region Package listed on the Moroney.

Mine...still not updated from 'production' which was complete 2/23. From the VIN, determined that was built in Born, and checking shipping with a wildcard "%" for the last 7 digits, 4 were loaded at Zeebruge on 3/3 with one VIN higher than mine, so getting close. Next ship is 3/5 and then 2 on 3/13, one of which apparently makes an extra stop as it arrives in Brunswick 2 days later. Those are the only ships where a March delivery will be possible. I turn in my diesel to VW on March 29th, so hopefully everything coincides.

Really wish I had taken a picture of the other one as both were the same color.





 
  #53  
Old 03-05-2017, 03:41 PM
siriuszero's Avatar
siriuszero
siriuszero is offline
6th Gear
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bothell, WA
Posts: 1,599
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by darex View Post
Is Estoril Blue very different from Lapis Luxury Blue? These blues all look different in different light!

My Moonwalk Grey F56 still looks amazing, and is also highly variable, depending on the lighting.

I am seriously undecided about which color to go for, for an F60. Fortunately, I'm not ready to order mine yet.
Estoril is a much brighter blue - Lapis is definitely a very deep blue. Beautiful color.
 
  #54  
Old 03-06-2017, 07:58 AM
MKDrCr
MKDrCr is offline
1st Gear
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 24
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordered March 3rd!

Hi all,
I just ordered my 2017 Countryman on Friday, March 3rd. I can't wait, this is my second Countryman - I currently drive a 2014 All4. Specs as follows:

2017 Cooper S Countryman ALL4
Manual Transmission
Thunder Grey w/ Black Roof & Mirrors
Fully Loaded
Piano Black Illuminated Interior Surface (really curious to see what that looks like in person)
Carbon Black Leatherette Seats
Picnic Cushion

Can't wait to see everyone's pics as they take delivery!
 
Attached Thumbnails F60 Waiters Club-mini-image.bmp  
  #55  
Old 03-06-2017, 09:01 AM
darex
darex is offline
5th Gear
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 832
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by siriuszero
Estoril is a much brighter blue - Lapis is definitely a very deep blue. Beautiful color.
And Island Blue is yet another blue?
 
  #56  
Old 03-06-2017, 09:06 AM
darex
darex is offline
5th Gear
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 832
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by MKDrCr
Hi all,
I just ordered my 2017 Countryman on Friday, March 3rd. I can't wait, this is my second Countryman - I currently drive a 2014 All4. Specs as follows:

2017 Cooper S Countryman ALL4
Manual Transmission
Thunder Grey w/ Black Roof & Mirrors
Fully Loaded
Piano Black Illuminated Interior Surface (really curious to see what that looks like in person)
Carbon Black Leatherette Seats
Picnic Cushion

Can't wait to see everyone's pics as they take delivery!
Sounds very much like how mine will be. Just unsure about the MY dash option (might do Stonehill Grey -- need to see it in real-life, otherwise, same as yours), and undecided on exterior color.
 
  #57  
Old 03-06-2017, 09:15 AM
iceknyght
iceknyght is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 118
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Piano Black Illuminated Interior Surface (really curious to see what that looks like in person)
I saw this when we test drove one and I can say during the day time, you can't see it at all... Which is probably a good thing, cause at night, that would mean it would be way too bright! I cupped my hands on the dash and could see a nice soft glow (it glows the same color as whatever you choose for your ambient color)... I too would like to see it at night, but I liked what I saw (we'll be ordering it as well)!
 
  #58  
Old 03-06-2017, 09:33 AM
MKDrCr
MKDrCr is offline
1st Gear
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 24
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by iceknyght View Post
I saw this when we test drove one and I can say during the day time, you can't see it at all... Which is probably a good thing, cause at night, that would mean it would be way too bright! I cupped my hands on the dash and could see a nice soft glow (it glows the same color as whatever you choose for your ambient color)... I too would like to see it at night, but I liked what I saw (we'll be ordering it as well)!
That's great! I was concerned but figured I'd risk it. It sounds like it will be exactly what I suspected it to be.
 
  #59  
Old 03-06-2017, 09:48 AM
Midnight Blue
Midnight Blue is offline
5th Gear
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philly Suburbs
Posts: 1,048
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MKDrCr View Post
Hi all,
I just ordered my 2017 Countryman on Friday, March 3rd. I can't wait, this is my second Countryman - I currently drive a 2014 All4. Specs as follows:

2017 Cooper S Countryman ALL4
Manual Transmission
Thunder Grey w/ Black Roof & Mirrors
Fully Loaded
Piano Black Illuminated Interior Surface (really curious to see what that looks like in person)
Carbon Black Leatherette Seats
Picnic Cushion

Can't wait to see everyone's pics as they take delivery!
Congrats on your order! I took delivery on Saturday and have loaded pix in the F60 Delivery and Photos thread. Happy to answer any questions. I am really pleased with the manual transmission and clutch so far!
 
  #60  
Old 03-06-2017, 09:50 AM
Midnight Blue
Midnight Blue is offline
5th Gear
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philly Suburbs
Posts: 1,048
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by darex View Post
And Island Blue is yet another blue?
In the USA, the only blues that are available are Island Blue (bright and light shade of blue) and Lapisluxury Blue (deep blue, darker not as dark as the old Cosmic Blue).
 
  #61  
Old 03-06-2017, 09:55 AM
TheJuice
TheJuice is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 70
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by MKDrCr View Post
Hi all,
I just ordered my 2017 Countryman on Friday, March 3rd. I can't wait, this is my second Countryman - I currently drive a 2014 All4. Specs as follows:

2017 Cooper S Countryman ALL4
Manual Transmission
Thunder Grey w/ Black Roof & Mirrors
Fully Loaded
Piano Black Illuminated Interior Surface (really curious to see what that looks like in person)
Carbon Black Leatherette Seats
Picnic Cushion

Can't wait to see everyone's pics as they take delivery!
Same as my order except I got white exterior instead of thunder grey.
I'm really curious to see the "Piano Black Illuminated Interior Surface" as well...I'm hoping I made the right decision. I didn't really care for the illuminated part but I wanted Piano Black like my current R56. Strangely, you can't get Piano Black without illumination on Leatherette seats. 10 million combinations available but not that one.
 
  #62  
Old 03-06-2017, 10:48 AM
MKDrCr
MKDrCr is offline
1st Gear
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 24
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
Congrats on your order! I took delivery on Saturday and have loaded pix in the F60 Delivery and Photos thread. Happy to answer any questions. I am really pleased with the manual transmission and clutch so far!
I saw that you posted about the rev-matching. That's really cool and completely unexpected. The dealer had only automatics when I test drove.
 
  #63  
Old 03-07-2017, 09:28 AM
Midnight Blue
Midnight Blue is offline
5th Gear
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philly Suburbs
Posts: 1,048
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MKDrCr View Post
I saw that you posted about the rev-matching. That's really cool and completely unexpected. The dealer had only automatics when I test drove.
Yes. I had NO idea that was implemented in the F60 manual. I also own a Porsche with a PDK transmission which does rev matching. Makes a huge difference with the manual in the F60. I am definitely impressed.
 
  #64  
Old 03-08-2017, 02:32 PM
darex
darex is offline
5th Gear
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 832
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
It often seems as though Countryman people don't read F56 fora, because the F56 has rev-matching since its launch in 2014. Since all the other MINIs are more or less based around it, I am hardly surprised the F60 has it too. It's good that it does!

If you come to dislike the stock shift ****, I have a great replacement recommendation. I fully intend to buy it again when I get my F60.
 
  #65  
Old 03-08-2017, 06:56 PM
howardeng
howardeng is offline
1st Gear
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 42
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Received our production number today for Thunder Gray S. Now we wait!
 
  #66  
Old 03-09-2017, 04:59 AM
HasAnMTBProblem
HasAnMTBProblem is offline
3rd Gear
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 167
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Saw one in person at Mini of Sterling a couple days ago. The F60 is huge. I mean, it's in compact SUV territory, now. Probably no much smaller than the BMW X1.
 
  #67  
Old 03-09-2017, 05:02 AM
HasAnMTBProblem
HasAnMTBProblem is offline
3rd Gear
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 167
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow! External dimensions between F60 and X1 are almost identical, but the Mini loses interior space, somehow.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/car-...vs-bmw_x1_2017
 
  #68  
Old 03-09-2017, 06:18 AM
tizeye
tizeye is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Orlando
Posts: 63
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HasAnMTBProblem View Post
Wow! External dimensions between F60 and X1 are almost identical, but the Mini loses interior space, somehow.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/car-...vs-bmw_x1_2017
Suspect it may be a difference in measurement parameters and may not be directly comparable. I noticed that as the X1 was on my short list, and it is about 4.5" longer which is reflected in the rear area, but not enough to account for the 17.6 vs 27.1 cuft advertised cargo area. When shopping, I actually took a tape measure and cargo floorspace was one of the areas I measured - but not height. Unfortunately, the measurements I took on the R60 at unveiling didn't get transferred to my spreadsheet and are misplaced - but the Clubman with advertised 17.5 cuft is close. Using the Clubman's 29x40 (8.03 sqft) and the X1's 35x40 (9.69 sqft) measurements, to equal 17.5 cuft, the Clubman would require 2.18ft (26.1 in) height, and to equal 27.1 cuft the X1 would require 2.8 ft (33.6 in). To make up the 7.5 in difference, strongly suspect that BMW removed the floor and included the hidden sub-cavity where Mini didn't, as that much difference between floor and roof would be quite noticeable.

Perhaps some who have received that Countryman can take a tape measure with actual measurements and confirm. And since the rear seat slides, impact of full legroom vs minimal legroom positions, noting if including the sub compartment or not.
 

Last edited by tizeye; 03-09-2017 at 06:30 AM.
  #69  
Old 03-09-2017, 09:31 PM
darex
darex is offline
5th Gear
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 832
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by HasAnMTBProblem
Saw one in person at Mini of Sterling a couple days ago. The F60 is huge. I mean, it's in compact SUV territory, now. Probably no much smaller than the BMW X1.
You know they're the same car, right?
 
  #70  
Old 03-10-2017, 04:53 AM
HasAnMTBProblem
HasAnMTBProblem is offline
3rd Gear
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 167
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I did not, but had a feeling it might be the case once I saw the wheel base numbers.
 
  #71  
Old 03-10-2017, 08:52 AM
Midnight Blue
Midnight Blue is offline
5th Gear
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philly Suburbs
Posts: 1,048
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Same platform as X1, not same dimensions, and very similar though not to the extent I would say that they are the "same car".
 
  #72  
Old 03-10-2017, 11:36 AM
siriuszero's Avatar
siriuszero
siriuszero is offline
6th Gear
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bothell, WA
Posts: 1,599
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by darex View Post
You know they're the same car, right?
Same platform, but different cars. They drive different, have completely different interiors and options, and they handle differently.

Having driven both, the BMW is definitely more luxury oriented and rides a little smoother. The power, despite being more than the F60, didn't seem as such when driving it. It had pickup and go, but the F60 seemed more engaging. The driving dynamics are just set up differently. I feel like your money would probably stretch a bit farther with the F60 honestly.

I would definitely go for the F60 over the X1 - just as comfortable, just about as much space, smaller external dimensions, more standard features, and buckets more personality.
 
  #73  
Old 03-10-2017, 03:08 PM
a.wolfe
a.wolfe is offline
Neutral
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Add me to the "ordered today" camp.

Currently driving a 2015 Jungle Green/Black Roof CM Justa (with several upgrades) and had a 2014 Light Coffee/White Roof CM Justa in the family for a while as well. Local dealer pitched me on the 2017 while waiting for routine maintenance and came at me with numbers that I couldn't turn down for what I decided on.

Just ordered:
2017 CM S All4
6 Speed Manual Transmission
Thunder Grey
Black Roof/Mirrors/Bonnet Stripes
Black Pin Spoke Wheels
Privacy Glass
Convenience Package (Need that Load Flat floor... only way to add it now)
Sirius Radio

MSRP 34,100
Dealer discount brought it down to 31,600
Trade in of the 2015 will bring it down another couple grand.

Now my only hang up is what to do with my (brand new) rear mount CM bike holder. The 2017's don't have 2 tow hooks :/
 
  #74  
Old 03-11-2017, 05:36 AM
darex
darex is offline
5th Gear
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 832
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Midnight Blue
Same platform as X1, not same dimensions, and very similar though not to the extent I would say that they are the "same car".
Same parts bin, same engines, same platform, same wiring -- different exterior body style. Very few trivial functional differences. Having retrofitted an OEM back-up camera to my F56, and done extensive coding on it, I can say that you would not believe the extent of sharing between F-series MINIs and F-series BMWs that goes on. In that vein, the F60 Countryman is BMW's most feeble attempt yet to hide the BMW-ness of the MINI (not that there's anything wrong with that).
 
  #75  
Old 03-11-2017, 05:45 AM
darex
darex is offline
5th Gear
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 832
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by siriuszero
Same platform, but different cars. They drive different, have completely different interiors and options, and they handle differently.

Having driven both, the BMW is definitely more luxury oriented and rides a little smoother. The power, despite being more than the F60, didn't seem as such when driving it. It had pickup and go, but the F60 seemed more engaging. The driving dynamics are just set up differently. I feel like your money would probably stretch a bit farther with the F60 honestly.

I would definitely go for the F60 over the X1 - just as comfortable, just about as much space, smaller external dimensions, more standard features, and buckets more personality.
I'm not disagreeing with you. I agree with your summary, and I will absolutely get the Countryman over the X1. But, technologically, they are identical, short of the SOS button, and heated steering wheel. MINI gets iDrive 5.0 and Qi charging though (X1 will too, but not this MY).

Which reminds me of a question:
Does the Countryman cargo area have a quick seatback-flattener, like the X1 has, meaning switches to make the rear seat backs go down, individually, FROM the cargo area? Haven't seen that, but shame if it doesn't.
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: