Active Driving Assistant

I ordered on July 6th
Received production number on 7/12
Received VIN on 7/13
Originally, the production completion date was show as 7/21
On 7/21, the production completion date changed to 8/14

I have made multiple calls to Mini support
They have told me there is no problem with Active Driver Assist

In my order, ADA was not included in the Fully Loaded package. ADA was a separate $1000 charge.

Can't wait to get my Melted!
Congratulations....and welcome to Waiter's Club

ADA is an additional $lK but only when the Fully Loaded Package is chosen

The excitement begins to watch your new MINI go through the production process.

Old 08-04-2017, 06:28 PM
darex
5th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by kwolfman
This is all so baffling. If you look back in this thread, there was an issue with ADA causing long delays. That was months ago. If it was still a problem you would think that ALL dealers and ASK MINI would know about the issue. I have asked my dealer (also a large dealer) and customer service at ASK MINI repeatedly and they all say there are no reports of ADA causing build delays. I makes no sense for MINI to withhold the information. That would just ****-off buyers more.
I understand that my car, a JCW with ADA, is being delayed until early September. They are apparently going to build a batch of JCWs at once. I suppose that makes sense for the just-in-time parts delivery on the assembly line.
It's doubly frustrating for me, because when I got my F56 in 2014, it wasn't ready yet for North America, and finally did come out months later. That was fine. It was a brand new model, and I accepted it. I just can't get over the fact that 3+ years later, it's happened to me again!

Good thing that as active driving assistan-typet systems go, BMW's/MINI's is pretty lame, so it's not like blind spot monitoring and other things are even available. I never use cruise control anyway, advanced or otherwise. At least I'll get Apple CarPlay. LOL

Old 08-04-2017, 07:41 PM
murphwave
Neutral
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We have an island blue SE fully loaded that is slated to arrive in Baltimore on 8/7. Any idea how long it takes to go from the port to the dealer and be ready for pick up? 2 more weeks?

Old 08-04-2017, 07:42 PM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by darex
Good thing that as active driving assistan-typet systems go, BMW's/MINI's is pretty lame, so it's not like blind spot monitoring and other things are even available. I never use cruise control anyway, advanced or otherwise. At least I'll get Apple CarPlay. LOL
If the ADA is truly the cause for major delays why can't they notify us and give us the opportunity to remove ADA from our build orders. It would not be a huge deal for me to drop the package. Like you, I only plan to use a few of the features. I understand BMW's/MINI's implementation is not that great. Who needs blind spot monitoring anyway? If you adjust your mirrors properly you don't have any blind spots.

Old 08-04-2017, 07:44 PM
Donreith
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Montgoau
Hey Donreith. Our boat is going through the first lock in the panama canal right now. You will need to use a desktop browser since it requires flash to view it.

If you can check out out here:
Panama WebCam

If you missed it here's a photo of it going through.

Thanks for the pic! I live a few miles from Port Hueneme so I'll try to get a pic in person next Sat when he arrives.

Old 08-05-2017, 12:14 PM
Snurfer
2nd Gear
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
ADA help request!

I'm on the fence about the $1k ADA feature. I have heard rumors that the feature may help reduce insurance rates. My insurance agent couldn't confirm, stating the rates are all auto populated using the VIN. If it's cool, someone please DM me their build's VIN if it includes the ADA feature. I can the confirm one way or the other (at least with State Farm).

Old 08-05-2017, 02:33 PM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by BDI
So not one person(Dealer and AskMini) knows where the car is. So frustrating.

A vessel, FAUST, will depart for NY today. Check if yours is loaded already

Old 08-05-2017, 04:20 PM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Snurfer
I'm on the fence about the $1k ADA feature. I have heard rumors that the feature may help reduce insurance rates. My insurance agent couldn't confirm, stating the rates are all auto populated using the VIN. If it's cool, someone please DM me their build's VIN if it includes the ADA feature. I can the confirm one way or the other (at least with State Farm).
My insurance agency requires VIN for discounted safety features as well to see safety features equipped. They probably all do to set rates. Had a friend who bought a Honda Civic Touring and he had opted for all safety features. His agent gave him a run-around saying it wouldn't reduce his price much. He wasn't buying that so he got quotes from other insurance companies and they pretty much reduced his rate by 50%. When he called his agent back, amazingly they matched it! Have to be savvy with some agents. I'll be shopping around I'm sure to get the best rate as we have other cars as well on our policy.

With front end collision and pedestrian alert should definitely reduce the premium I would think! It's too bad MINI/BMW did not incorporate blind spot and lane assist with the package, but I still like the road sign and speed sign alerts it gives on the HUD. Never use cruise control but front end collision and pedestrian warning with the SE is still extremely useful. Especially if you drive in the city on all electric pedestrians may not hear the car.

Old 08-06-2017, 06:43 AM
darex
5th Gear
Originally Posted by kwolfman
If the ADA is truly the cause for major delays why can't they notify us and give us the opportunity to remove ADA from our build orders. It would not be a huge deal for me to drop the package. Like you, I only plan to use a few of the features. I understand BMW's/MINI's implementation is not that great. Who needs blind spot monitoring anyway? If you adjust your mirrors properly you don't have any blind spots.
I got further clarification:
It's a chip issue. They're running out of them, and need a new supplier of those. That's what the issue is. I suspect this will impact more people in the next few weeks/months. It's possible, if your order went through in full, then that's why. You snagged one of the remaining chips. ????

Old 08-06-2017, 06:50 AM
darex
5th Gear
I think it does have lane-departure warning, actually.

As for pedestrian warning, if you have the parking assist package (which is now bundled), the front sensors warn you of pedestrians in your path, e.g. at low speeds/stopped, which is typically when you'll encounter them.

I would like speed-limit notification, but oh well.

As for Auto-high beam dimming, people already think my low-beams are high-beams, because my F56's LED headlamps are brilliant (pun-intended). F60's are surly the same. I have no trouble dimming them manually, at any rate.

Old 08-06-2017, 06:54 AM
darex
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Islandbluemini
My insurance agency requires VIN for discounted safety features as well to see safety features equipped. They probably all do to set rates. Had a friend who bought a Honda Civic Touring and he had opted for all safety features. His agent gave him a run-around saying it wouldn't reduce his price much. He wasn't buying that so he got quotes from other insurance companies and they pretty much reduced his rate by 50%. When he called his agent back, amazingly they matched it! Have to be savvy with some agents. I'll be shopping around I'm sure to get the best rate as we have other cars as well on our policy.

With front end collision and pedestrian alert should definitely reduce the premium I would think! It's too bad MINI/BMW did not incorporate blind spot and lane assist with the package, but I still like the road sign and speed sign alerts it gives on the HUD. Never use cruise control but front end collision and pedestrian warning with the SE is still extremely useful. Especially if you drive in the city on all electric pedestrians may not hear the car.
In Philadelphia, they have very weird insurance policies. I get ZERO credit for having a garage, even though I live in the city, and otherwise would have to very precariously park on the street, and many of you know how narrow our streets are! They consider a garage to be elitist, and not fair to those without, and so they have democratized that aspect of insurance coverage. Still, it's bafflingly illogical, at least to me

Old 08-06-2017, 08:21 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
In Philadelphia, they have very weird insurance policies. I get ZERO credit for having a garage, even though I live in the city, and otherwise would have to very precariously park on the street, and many of you know how narrow our streets are! They consider a garage to be elitist, and not fair to those without, and so they have democratized that aspect of insurance coverage. Still, it's bafflingly illogical, at least to me
Guess rates from state-to-state can vary a lot. Curious to see how much of a discount my insurance will offer with the safety features. BTW....my chances of hitting a deer, cow or horse where I am is far greater than hitting a pedestrian

Hoping that the ADA chip issue gets resolved quickly. Even though I haven't heard delays yet for my order, it still could be a possibility since I don't have a VIN/production date yet. If it is going to cause delays, sure hope we get the option to drop it!

Old 08-06-2017, 08:24 AM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
From the video I post in the past, it doesn't list Lane Departure Warning from ADA

As to the insurance, my agent told me that she already gave me a good discount which is better than with ADA

Old 08-06-2017, 08:33 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by pyuhlu
From the video I post in the past, it doesn't list Lane Departure Warning from ADA

As to the insurance, my agent told me that she already gave me a good discount which is better than with ADA
On my last policy update, they broke down percentage discounts which weren't much as our other cars are older models without the newer safety features/ rearview cameras. Will be curious to see how much of a discount they will offer with the SE. May have to shop around otherwise.

Why was your discount quote better without the ADA?

Old 08-06-2017, 08:34 AM
darex
5th Gear

I could swear I read it, but could be wrong. Our dash has a warning indicator featuring two convergent red bars. Mine are inactive on the F56, since I don't have ADA, but they're there, and the F60's dash is essentially the same. I figured that was the LDW indicator, coupled maybe with a steering wheel haptic effect (?).

Old 08-06-2017, 08:42 AM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
On my last policy update, they broke down percentage discounts which weren't much as our other cars are older models without the newer safety features/ rearview cameras. Will be curious to see how much of a discount they will offer with the SE. May have to shop around otherwise.

she put whatever she can think of to lower down such as short distance commute, less annual mileage, and others

Old 08-06-2017, 08:45 AM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear

she put whatever she can think of to lower down such as short distance commute, less annual mileage, and others and she can not lower down any more even with ADA

Old 08-06-2017, 08:54 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
she put whatever she can think of to lower down such as short distance commute, less annual mileage, and others and she can not lower down any more even with ADA
As long as your satisfied with the quote that's all that matters. Our long-time agent retired and another agency bought him out and their annual premiums have been going up in the past two years. Been thinking about shopping around even before this new purchase. We have low annual mileage and commute to our business is 3 miles! Mostly rural driving around here. Even with good driving discounted I think we're paying a high premium.

Old 08-06-2017, 09:10 AM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
After I bought GTI, my premium including home insurance went up by at least 30% from my previous agency. I switched to the other insurance company and the premium was lower than before GTI purchase

Old 08-06-2017, 09:22 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
After I bought GTI, my premium including home insurance went up by at least 30% from my previous agency. I switched to the other insurance company and the premium was lower than before GTI purchase
Smart move Looks like we'll be switching in the near future as well. Doesn't hurt to shop around.

Old 08-06-2017, 06:22 PM
csader
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I could swear I read it, but could be wrong. Our dash has a warning indicator featuring two convergent red bars. Mine are inactive on the F56, since I don't have ADA, but they're there, and the F60's dash is essentially the same. I figured that was the LDW indicator, coupled maybe with a steering wheel haptic effect (?).
I took possession of my new F60 with ADA yesterday and it appears those convergent red bars are just indicators for the adaptive cruise control settings. There does not appear to be any lane detection, and no haptic steering wheel. Unless I'm wrong, which is totally possible because this is my first mini and there are so many options and features it's insane (and awesome).

Old 08-06-2017, 09:53 PM
CRU1
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I did. It was on my order sheet, spawned from MINI USA, and I have the fully-loaded package. The screenshot is not MY MINI. It was sent to me by my dealer.

They swear up and down that it's because MINI's lost the supplier of the ADA components, and it will be months until a new one is in place.

They spent 45 mins trying to get it for me, and ended up having to make several phone calls before finding out. This is a very large, well-established MINI dealer, and the top guy personally handled the ordering. Like they said, WHY WOULDN'T they allow me to order that package? I can't think of any reason.
Hey there,

I work for MINI at MINI of Las Vegas and facilitate the orders for our dealership. There is a part shortage for the 5AS but you should still be
able to order it without an extensive delay. I personally have a 2018 JCW Countryman with 5AS. The screen shot that you showed is our DCS order system and it will not let the Advisor order that option unless the Priority status a 1-Sold. In the screen shot it shows Priority 3-Stock, which is why it will not allow it to be added. Due to the shortage MINI has reserved that option for only units that are in a Priority 1 - Status. Have your advisor change the status and you should be fine.

I hope this helps and if you need assistance let me know.

Thanks,
Chris

Old 08-07-2017, 01:09 AM
pyuhlu
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by murphwave
We have an island blue SE fully loaded that is slated to arrive in Baltimore on 8/7. Any idea how long it takes to go from the port to the dealer and be ready for pick up? 2 more weeks?
About one week to the dealer in MD as they said and another 3 hours' preparation at the dealership but it is just an estimation and may vary. If the dealer will charge the car before delivery, I think an extra day is needed because most dealers may not have high speed charging stations

Last edited by pyuhlu; 08-07-2017 at 05:14 AM.
Old 08-07-2017, 04:43 AM
darex
5th Gear
Originally Posted by CRU1
Hey there,

I work for MINI at MINI of Las Vegas and facilitate the orders for our dealership. There is a part shortage for the 5AS but you should still be
able to order it without an extensive delay. I personally have a 2018 JCW Countryman with 5AS. The screen shot that you showed is our DCS order system and it will not let the Advisor order that option unless the Priority status a 1-Sold. In the screen shot it shows Priority 3-Stock, which is why it will not allow it to be added. Due to the shortage MINI has reserved that option for only units that are in a Priority 1 - Status. Have your advisor change the status and you should be fine.

I hope this helps and if you need assistance let me know.

Thanks,
Chris
Thank you, Chris! Some clarity, at last!

Old 08-07-2017, 06:15 AM
Islandbluemini
4th Gear
Thank you, Chris! Some clarity, at last!
Let us know how you make out if you go forward to change status to Priority 1 with your MA. I know that my order was input as a Priority 1 when I was on the wait list. Status right now is "order accepted". Still waiting on production date.