North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   F60 :: Countryman Talk (2016-2023) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/f60-countryman-talk-2016-2023-444/)
-   -   F60 Ordered 2019 F60 (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/f60-countryman-talk-2016-2023/327953-ordered-2019-f60.html)

1papillonnoire 05-31-2018 01:40 PM

Ordered 2019 F60

Hello NAM Family!

I hope you're all well. I have been MIA for a while, but I've returned with exciting news. My wife and I decided to become a MINI family. In 2013, I joined NAM when we ordered our first hardtop (R56). Now with our daughter here, we needed to get a larger car for daily commuting (Car seat challenges) and road trips ("I didn't over pack you did...").

Well, we decided on a larger MINI, and the Countryman was the one. We were able to build again using the new trim level process. We liked how it simplified some choices, but didn't like the restrictions to several other options. Accessories, for some reason mysteriously is gone during a build :(

1. CarPlay should be in the premium speaker package not the GPS package. Same thing with the garage door opener mirrors that prevent glare. Those should be in the convenience package. And why do they still have a GPS package, don't we all use our phones now?

What are other peoples thoughts on this?

Minnie.the.Moocher 05-31-2018 02:37 PM

Good luck with new car!

Been discussed on a few threads recently, no sense in re-sharing thoughts once again.

F56-JCDub 06-01-2018 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by 1papillonnoire (Post 4395005)
And why do they still have a GPS package, don't we all use our phones now?

I prefer the car's Nav system. The screen is larger than the phone. Phone is more of a backup than a go-to (for me). GPS nav on my phone has a small screen, and eats my battery requiring I have it constantly charging.

But I'm old school.

1papillonnoire 06-01-2018 01:05 PM

I hear you. I know its a great feature to have, just don't know how many people are active users. I'm excited about the new MINI connected.

1papillonnoire 06-01-2018 01:08 PM

Thanks. I will look for the old threads to get up to speed...

Minnie.the.Moocher 06-01-2018 01:13 PM

This was the thread I was thinking of in regards to configuring new purchases - https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d-to-mini.html

Neverfifty 06-12-2018 11:56 AM

Going to the dealer tomorrow to order a 2019 Countryman S. Process is a little more confusing this time around. I don't like not having accessories available to add to the build. But we will deal with that when we get there tomorrow. Always exciting to order a new MINI.

1papillonnoire 06-12-2018 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Neverfifty (Post 4398114)
Going to the dealer tomorrow to order a 2019 Countryman S. Process is a little more confusing this time around. I don't like not having accessories available to add to the build. But we will deal with that when we get there tomorrow. Always exciting to order a new MINI.

That's great. I'm excited to here/compare options. My build is "en route" right now, so Im getting really anxious for its arrival. The ordering process is less variable as in the past but I can see why MINI would want to make it more streamline and efficient during manufacturing.
I agree, No accessories during a build is not MINI like. I hope its because they wanted to update the process and get the trim levels established then return the mirror caps, side scuttles, floor mats, etc.

Sterling Cooper 06-14-2018 07:43 AM

Going to be interesting with CarPlay now that Apple is opening up other gps on it like waze amd google maps. They just announced their availability on CarPlay with the new iOS in September!

I am submitting a build lrder too. Been very difficult to find the right model with my preferred color combination, especially with the parking assist.

Neverfifty 06-27-2018 08:02 AM

My order is finally in will be here mid-August or so. Getting the Chestnut, so pretty and the Iconic package with a few add-ins. My 5th MINI and I still get so excited.

godthisblows 06-27-2018 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Neverfifty (Post 4401918)
My order is finally in will be here mid-August or so. Getting the Chestnut, so pretty and the Iconic package with a few add-ins. My 5th MINI and I still get so excited.

I just picked up an Island Blue Metallic SE with the Chestnut Brown interior. I have to say it really gives an upscale look to the interior with the cross stitching. Compare to my 10 year old Grand Cherokee this is so much nicer.