North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   F60 :: Countryman Talk (2016-2023) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/f60-countryman-talk-2016-2023-444/)
-   -   F60 Rear Sway Bar (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/f60-countryman-talk-2016-2023/320502-rear-sway-bar.html)

TheOriginalKonky 10-25-2017 09:17 AM

Rear Sway Bar

Anyone put the NM thicker rear sway bar on yet? Trying to justify if it's worth $379. Just like every other aftermarket part for this car, there's really no other brand to compare it with. I had a Hotchkis bar on my old MINi and it made a tremendous difference on handling and body roll. I feel like the newer Countryman needs that for its height and size.

WayMotorWorks 10-25-2017 09:19 AM

We've had a couple people report back that they love it. MINI has always needed more bar esp a the Countryman as just reducing body roll is a huge improvement.
Let us know if you want one
http://www.waymotorworks.com/nm-engi...ountryman.html

Jwanck11 10-25-2017 12:49 PM

Does this apply to the JCW?

WayMotorWorks 10-25-2017 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Jwanck11 (Post 4339890)
Does this apply to the JCW?

Yes it is for the JCW too

booyun 10-26-2017 01:33 PM

I'm planning on upgrading my Sway bar on my JCW CM when i get it. What is the stock sway bar on JCW and will upgrading all the way to 25mm be TOO much? I was thinking of maybe the 22mm. I do all street driving (no track).

Seabiscuit 10-30-2017 10:51 AM

sway bar

Originally Posted by booyun (Post 4340222)
I'm planning on upgrading my Sway bar on my JCW CM when i get it. What is the stock sway bar on JCW and will upgrading all the way to 25mm be TOO much? I was thinking of maybe the 22mm. I do all street driving (no track).

Interesting. Can you have to much sway bar ?

Probably not. I am waiting on a monster Hellwig sway bar for my Jeep Rubicon, supposed to be here Wednesday. Good lord it needs one, talk about swing & sway! It only has 7200 miles, but it needs that upgrade immediately.
Shouldn't be to hard to put on.

I'll have to look and see if the Countryman is easy as well. I hadn't thought about one for the Countryman. It drives very well now. I will follow this thread. I like easy upgrades :thumbsup:
Have a good one,

F56-JCDub 10-31-2017 05:31 AM

I am interested in hearing back on whether or not this makes any difference as people install/upgrade.

MrFunk 10-31-2017 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Seabiscuit (Post 4341023)
Interesting. Can you have to much sway bar ?

Probably not. I am waiting on a monster Hellwig sway bar for my Jeep Rubicon, supposed to be here Wednesday. Good lord it needs one, talk about swing & sway! It only has 7200 miles, but it needs that upgrade immediately.
Shouldn't be to hard to put on.

I'll have to look and see if the Countryman is easy as well. I hadn't thought about one for the Countryman. It drives very well now. I will follow this thread. I like easy upgrades :thumbsup:
Have a good one,

Well - yes you CAN have too heavy/large a sway bar. Depending on your use of the vehicle a sway bar can reduce the performance. This is after-all a small SUV. If anyone is doing any kind of off road driving - (not necessarily extreme), an upgraded sway can and will reduce the travel distance of independent wheels. You will find that you may lift a wheel when turning into a driveway or incline or going over uneven dirt roads (off road situation). Too much rear sway can also be not great if you are tracking a vehicle as you get that same wheel lift in turns which can cause wheel spin etc. Now if this is only a street vehicle then probably not a big deal. But something to think about.

We have adaptive suspension on ours and I find in sport mode the car handles really great for what it is! Surprisingly well in fact. We will probably take it camping on occasion and up north to some remote cabins which are down some "uneven" dirt roads so I'll probably leave the suspension as is. Yes it's not an ideal "off road" vehicle, but for mild rough roading it I think it will do.

All that said - I have upgraded sways on both my S4 and S2000, The S4 lifts a rear wheel each time I pull into my driveway... :lol: